West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 18th, 2014

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
I shall plan on making the trip over then. :)

I hope that is my issue!

They may make me park on the street though, my car is ROUGH!!!! It is showing its age for sure.

azeus17

TDI
'11 JSW
Hey Kirk-
I was wishy washy when we talked via email, and I am still not certain, but I am going to try to make it over Saturday.

Adam

Gustdi

TDI
2012 Sportwagen
So bummed to be missing this... r90sKirk thanks for all your help with the new JSW! Got fogs installed, and backup camera is ready... just needs a little VAGcom magic.

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Sprocket's are in!

Sorry for the last minute notice, but the Sprockets will be attending. This will be our first GTG @ Kirk's woo hoo!

Curious if anyone has what's needed to program the car / key fob to make the windows roll up and down with the key fob.

Last edited:

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
I see it is 9am to 7pm... I'm wondering what time people are planning to show up?

I don't want to be the first person there! :)

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Sorry for the last minute notice, but the Sprockets will be attending. This will be our first GTG @ Kirk's woo hoo!

Curious if anyone has what's needed to program the car / key fob to make the windows roll up and down with the key fob.

Should be able to pull that off with VCDS. If no one else hooks you up, see me and I can.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Arrived. Left the van home this trip.
Tdi ran good today. Solid 51mpg at 79mph and one tank. 642 miles in 10.5 hrs with 2 quick stops. Like old times.
Jeff ;-))

fungi131

TDI
2005 golf
I just watched the weather forecast. Not the best case scenario, but we live in Michigan (if you don't like the weather wait a few minutes).
Hi: 50 °F

Rain showers likely until midday...then partly sunny

JC_1992

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, 2001 Jetta GLS
Does anyone have a new MKIV (a4) alternator pulley they could bring, and that I could buy?

I just replaced by serp. tensioner as it was bouncing all around and the mounts for the shock were quite worn. Upon grabbing the tensioner while the car was running made the noise cease. However, after replacing it the noise is still there :(

I will pay whatever it cost plus shipping and maybe a Michigan brew or two. My cell is 616-217-6635

Last edited:

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Does anyone have a new MKIV (a4) alternator pulley they could bring, and that I could buy?

I just replaced by serp. tensioner as it was bouncing all around and the mounts for the shock were quite worn. Upon grabbing the tensioner while the car was running made the noise cease. However, after replacing it the noise is still there :(

I will pay whatever it cost plus shipping and maybe a Michigan brew or two. My cell is 616-217-6635

James,

I have a new one in the box here.

Kirk

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
I just watched the weather forecast. Not the best case scenario, but we live in Michigan (if you don't like the weather wait a few minutes).
Hi: 50 °F

Rain showers likely until midday...then partly sunny

Like he said - weather is supposed to be clearing up a bit by early afternoon. I've got a couple of awnings up too, so we should stay reasonably dry,

Kirk

BehroMoto

TDI
2002 Jetta, Silver | 2001 Golf, Black | 1998 Beetle, Blue
Arrived. Left the van home this trip.
Tdi ran good today. Solid 51mpg at 79mph and one tank. 642 miles in 10.5 hrs with 2 quick stops. Like old times.
Jeff ;-))

Welcome to West Michigan Jeff.

Mike -BehroMoto-

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Yeah, don't forget your rain gear and long johns!...:D

2010vwjohn

TDI
Cup edition
running late

Trying to get out there. The tires that were put on the car were causing a bad vib dealer is woking out the issue. Taking a long time. Hope to make it out there. But still 3 hour drive and not done at the shop yet.

BehroMoto

TDI
2002 Jetta, Silver | 2001 Golf, Black | 1998 Beetle, Blue
Kirk,
The GTG was a success! Things were hopping busy, fun and informative. Thanks for hosting.

Jeff,
Thanks for the tune. My Golf ran great afterward, and it seemed even better after a few laps!

Everyone,
It was nice to meet and visit. I love an enthusiastic community. My only regret is not getting to know more of you guys. Maybe next year?

Mike -BehroMoto-

BrandonS

TDI
1996 passat wagon
thank you

Thank you Kirk and Linda for the gtg and lunch. It was great meeting everyone and great to get the tune from Jeff (RocketChip). The Passat runs great. I look forward to next year!

TDI
2003 jetta
Good times, good folks, good wrenching!

Got the brakes replaced on my Jetta wagon, thanks to Kirk for the advise, shelter, and use of tools! And thanks to the others whose names escape me for the random bits of advise and for lending a hand when needed!

I also let Jeff of RocketChip have his way with my car... The change is a little UNBELEIVABLE! The boost of power was impressive, but expected; what caught me off guard was the smoother and quieter highway performance on the drive home. It just feels and sounds like the car is working a lot less than it was.... And it's not the drag loss form the brake job either, I drove home (GrandRapids) and back with the new brakes before I had Jeff tune it. Only after the tune did I experience the change.

Next on my list is to cap off the EGR and replace my aging injectors... Then I better quit for a while before my wife has me killed! :p