West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 18th, 2014

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
I can pull login's and program keys too if needed.

mark8812

TDI
2000 jetta, 2004 jetta wagon
Well one way or another i am going to make this gtg. If I can come up with some extra coin. I need a tune for an 04 jetta. As well as keys for the 04 and a 00. 2000 i only have a valet and the 04 i only have a flip fob key?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Well one way or another i am going to make this gtg. If I can come up with some extra coin. I need a tune for an 04 jetta. As well as keys for the 04 and a 00. 2000 i only have a valet and the 04 i only have a flip fob key��

Well, Keep in mind I started my post on the keys being cut to gage interest. We will have to have enough individuals with that same desire to make it worthwhile for this guy to come up, since he's coming from about 1.75 hours away.

So, far we have a couple, need more.

thanks,

Kirk

rockyrunner99

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf
I am may be interested in a tune. I have a 99.5 will it be possible on that? Is there an estimate on cost yet, I may have missed it skimming the pages here. thanks

marty5382

TDI
02 jetta 03 jetta 97 jetta
If it is the 2002 get RC3 as it is a wonderful tune. About 135hp. Oh that is assuming your car is stock.
Mine is a stock 2003. Burt im planning to do the egr delete/cooler and race pipe as well as cat and muffler delete and if I get real ambitious injector nozzles

MEK4

TDI
1999.5 Jetta, 2002 Golf, 2003 Beetle
Hey Kirk,
Put me down for a tune on the 2003 beetle and should you get enough people interested in getting keys programmed, I would get the 2002 Golf extra key paired. It has already been cut.

BehroMoto

TDI
2002 Jetta, Silver | 2001 Golf, Black | 1998 Beetle, Blue
Kirk,

I need a couple of keys cut as well on my MKIVs.

-Mike-

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Anyone want to work on my car that has lost contact with the convenience module? I think I have checked all the fuzes and can find no blown fuzes.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Hey Kirk,
Put me down for a tune on the 2003 beetle and should you get enough people interested in getting keys programmed, I would get the 2002 Golf extra key paired. It has already been cut.
You are added to the list Mark.

Kirk

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
I am may be interested in a tune. I have a 99.5 will it be possible on that? Is there an estimate on cost yet, I may have missed it skimming the pages here. thanks
RR99,

Yes, it's def possible on that model. Estimate should be $325-$350 range - Jeff (jsrmonster) can chime in and define?

Kirk

I will add you to the list as a maybe for now

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Anyone want to work on my car that has lost contact with the convenience module? I think I have checked all the fuzes and can find no blown fuzes.
CC,

pm or email Eric "unpimpzauto" and he may be able to help you out.

Kirk

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Running list of people interested in getting new keys cut

1) Marty5382 - (1)
2) mark8812 - (1)
3) MEK4 - (1)
4) Behromoto - (2)
5) unpimpzauto - (1)
6)

Last edited:

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
I can pull login's and program keys too if needed.
Jeff,

You sure you'll have time for this too, besides working on the tunes?
It's be great, if you can, but the tune list is growing,

Thanks,

Kirk

PS - if we do have the key cutter there, people will want to know if there is a charge for the programming of a key, do you know what that'll be?

CaptainKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Black
Key Question

Kirk

I'm looking forward to seeing you new set up next week.

I have a 2000 New Beetle and the door/trunk keys don't match the ignition key. At some point something got changed. The key I have doesn't fit the door or trunk. The only way in is by using the remote (viper, not the typical VW key remote).

Is there any way your key guy can figure out how to make a key for the door/trunk???

Kirk

BehroMoto

TDI
2002 Jetta, Silver | 2001 Golf, Black | 1998 Beetle, Blue
I have a 2000 New Beetle and the door/trunk keys don't match the ignition key. At some point something got changed. The key I have doesn't fit the door or trunk. The only way in is by using the remote (viper, not the typical VW key remote).

Is there any way your key guy can figure out how to make a key for the door/trunk???
I thought I had the same problem, but I figured out that the door and trunk lock cylinders were corroded from lack of use. I also learned that is common for lock smiths to run into.

Try spraying some kind of cleaner solvent in the key holes. Try to keep it off the paint. Then spray a lubricating oil in there. Mine were really jammed. It took quite a while to work it free, but my locks work now.

You may have to remove the lock mechanism from the door too.

It's better to get your mechanical locks fixed now, before your battery dies and the remote no longer works.

Best of luck.

Mike

Last edited:

mark8812

TDI
2000 jetta, 2004 jetta wagon
r90sKirk for both my 2000 & 20004 jetta's if i need 3 keys in order to program them to the cars you can put me down for 4 keys, once you know weather or not the key cutter is coming could you put up a rough pricing guide.

crdouger

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 & 06 jetta TDI's
Hey Kirk, I'm looking forward to it. It's a great place you have up there and last year was a bunch of fun. I just bought a black Mark IV Jetta (gasser) for body parts. If anybody needs any body or interior parts, send me a pm and I can bring the parts up to the GTG. I'm using the front sheet metal, the rest is up for sale. See ya Saturday. - Doug

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey Kirk, I'm looking forward to it. It's a great place you have up there and last year was a bunch of fun. I just bought a black Mark IV Jetta (gasser) for body parts. If anybody needs any body or interior parts, send me a pm and I can bring the parts up to the GTG. I'm using the front sheet metal, the rest is up for sale. See ya Saturday. - Doug
yeah man!

jay87

TDI
mkiv jetta
I'm hoping I can come but I just bought a house and this is about the only weekend I have time to move into it. I really want a tune