West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 10th, 2015

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
hey kirk, is there room for another thermostat on saturday? havent been able to adjust the shock yet either. still hunting for driver side mirror+cover.
sure, are you bringing your own parts, or should I have one on hand for you?

Celco

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 4dr ALH 5-speed
Whats a rough guess on amount of folks showing up. I may or may not need to get rid of a possible few dozen frozen sams club hot dogs and buns. They would be great for say a afternoon of wrenching and shooting **** about cars. Ill see what I can do.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Whats a rough guess on amount of folks showing up. I may or may not need to get rid of a possible few dozen frozen sams club hot dogs and buns. They would be great for say a afternoon of wrenching and shooting **** about cars. Ill see what I can do.
Last year I think we had 45-50, approx

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
I know its late notice but does anyone have a 04-05 wagon rear bumper that's black? Also need a black drivers side mirror. I just procured another project wagon...

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
We are hitting the road tomorrow morning and staying in Grand Rapids tomorrow night. Which vehicle to bring... ?

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
We are hitting the road tomorrow morning and staying in Grand Rapids tomorrow night. Which vehicle to bring... ?
Are you asking me my preference or just thinking out-loud?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Thinking out loud. Feel free to weigh in, though. ;)

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
I need to flush brake fluid, R&R a tail light, and maybe track down a persistent "at idle" rattle under the hood. (No, it's not "just a diesel"!):)
I'll bring the usual supply of sudsy stuff...and maybe stop at Brewery Vivant in Grand Rapids on my way home.:rolleyes:

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Don't think ill be able to bring foreveryone... but ill see if we can donate to the cause. Im assuming there will be a grill or cooking medium of sorts there.
Firepit going all day and roasting forks, yes.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
I need to flush brake fluid, R&R a tail light, and maybe track down a persistent "at idle" rattle under the hood. (No, it's not "just a diesel"!):)
I'll bring the usual supply of sudsy stuff...and maybe stop at Brewery Vivant in Grand Rapids on my way home.:rolleyes:
You should try Perrin Brewing my friend!

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
Look out, the Sprocket's are coming!!!

We will be staying in Hamilton tonight and will be there tomorrow morning.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
Spotted 2 VW buses headed Westbound on 96 West of Ann Arbor!! One was blue and white the other was green and white, both were running together... Wifey and I are moseying our way up...

Last edited:

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
I will also attend the meeting tomorrow. I will bring my tools, and I'm willing to help anybody that needs help on the MK5 platform. I will also bring some parts and some wheels (Biolines and TSW), if anybody is interested. Thank you!

Last edited:

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
Good places for dinner in GR tonight?? No chain restaurants and reasonably priced...

Last edited:

validius

Lacking in ZDDP
TDI
1997 GTI TDI
Good places for dinner in GR tonight?? No chain restaurants and reasonably priced...

How many people?

If it's under 10, i recommend Donkey. Authentic (non greasy or sloppy) Mexican. Fantastic food, fantastic drinks.

If you want pizza, Harmoney Brewing (thin crust) or The Mitten Brewing.

It's hard to beat Founders for sandwiches.

There is great Sushi at Maru in east town.

*BIG EDIT, HOW COULD I FORGET* It cant take more than 5ish people but the Bandit Queen is beyond superb. Noodles & stir fry. It sounds boring... It isnt.
There is a fantastic little hole in the wall place called Little Africa. I'm not kidding about hole in the wall. Food is all vegan. You wont be disappointed.

Last edited:

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
Stopped at "Twisted Rooster" off of 96... Traffic got terrible so we figured it was a good time to stop for food rather than get stuck in traffic...

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Finally arrived. Smooth sailing, no drama, no tickets. ;-))

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Btw. My friend Ty asked me to see if anyone had a set of winter steelies for his 06 jetta for sale. 5x 112's. Thx. Jeff

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Thanks for having us, Kirk! It was a great turnout, spectacular weather, and a beautiful setting.

Sorry we had to leave early. Hopefully we will see some (or a bunch of) you at the auto show GTG in January. :cool:

Getting the fire started in the morning.

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Great GTG!

Kirk and Linda;

Thank you for hosting the GTG today. Ian and I had a great time, and from the smiles on the faces of the other attendees, I'd say they had a good time as well. It was nice to see so many familiar faces and to meet some new folks as well! Hope everyone makes it home safe and sound. Thanks again.

Dan

CaptainKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Black
Saber Automotive Light

Kirk

Was your light the flourescent model or the LED model. I've found booth in the $90 range.

Kirk