Well Modified 2002 Golf TDI

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I

Car is Sold!!!!

For sale is my well modified 2002 VW Golf TDI. I have owned and cared for this car for the past 5 years and 100K miles and it has been an absolute joy to own. Major upgrades include a Garrett VNT17 Turbo, Malone Stage 4 Tune (24 PSI), Bosio PP764 Injector Nozzles purchased from and setup by DBW, LLC, Sachs VR6/G60 clutch setup, emissions delete (SRP, CCV Vented to atmosphere, no cat), etc. Other upgrades include leather GTI seats, GTI Monster Mats (not pictured as I had just washed them and they were drying while I took pictures), Cupra R rear axle beam bushings and front strut mounts, R32/TT solid control arm bushings, GLI Springs with Bilstein shocks/struts, GTI front brake and spindle upgrade with 288MM Fremax Rotors and Powerstop Carbon Ceramic pads along with new OEM wheel bearings, Frostheater brand coolant heater, Dieselgeek Sigma 5 short shifter (best shifter out there), Dieselgeek Panzer Skid Plate with FMJ sideskirts, McNally EGT/Boost gauge, 1.8T Pancake Pipe, new ball joints and tie rod ends (oem), Brand new oem headliner purchased from VW (isn't reupholstered, it is brand new ~$400!), Euro R32 Tail lights, Ceramic window tint (35% front and 20% rear), and more. Tires are fuel efficient Michelin Defenders with about 80% tread left. These tires are rated to 90K miles and I have no doubt they will last that. Tires have been rotated religiously since purchased and there is no abnormal wear. Car also has a Hidden Hitch trailer hitch on the back. I have only towed a light trailer twice with it and couldn't even tell it was behind the car.
This car has been on a dyno and put down 162 HP and almost 300 ft/lb torque to the wheels! I will add the video below. Fuel mileage wise, I average 41 mpg commuting in Metro Atlanta. I have achieved 51 mpg on all highway drives. Commuting I can get roughly 600 miles to the tank. On the highway it will go almost 800 miles if not more! I have made it from Atlanta to Cleveland, Ohio on one tank of fuel. This car has hybrid efficiency with sports car performance. It truly is a car that lets you have your cake and eat it too! There is well over $4k in upgrades on this car, excluding labor. Timing belt was changed at 150K miles by me using the proper tools and techniques to do the job right. Timing belt was replaced with a 100K mile kit. Timing has been set properly using VCDS. I own VCDS and will be happy to perform a full scan of the vehicle to show you that everything is in working order. This car has 199K miles on it and I am very confident it hasn't even reached its half life yet. You would never know the car had that many miles on it considering how clean the car is inside and out along with how well the car runs and drives. Car is extremely reliable and fun to drive. You absolutely will not be disappointed. I am only selling the car because I purchased a newer JSW and want to start investing into modifications for it. Take it for a drive and you will buy it on the spot, I guarantee it. Car is exceptionally well maintained and is ready for its new owner.

Car has 199K miles. Asking $6,600 obo

Last edited:

Turbodude1

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf 2dr. RCII, sprint 520s, shine susp
Well Done. The car looks super clean and intelligently modified. How does the g60/vr6 clutch hold the torque?

Any lookers yet? Obviously, I am not local...

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
Well Done. The car looks super clean and intelligently modified. How does the g60/vr6 clutch hold the torque?

Any lookers yet? Obviously, I am not local...
The clutch holds great. It's been in service for about 30k miles and no issues whatsoever. I have been bombarded with inquiries. Currently I have someone driving down from out of state tomorrow and I am giving him priority over other buyers. It really has been a wonderful car and I will miss it. I can only hope the JSW will be half as fun as the Golf was.

Turbodude1

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf 2dr. RCII, sprint 520s, shine susp
The clutch holds great. It's been in service for about 30k miles and no issues whatsoever. I have been bombarded with inquiries. Currently I have someone driving down from out of state tomorrow and I am giving him priority over other buyers. It really has been a wonderful car and I will miss it. I can only hope the JSW will be half as fun as the Golf was.
In the event that it doesn't sell over the weekend, hit me up.

BIO-PWR

TDI
'01 Golf TDI, '15 GSW S with 6MT
Wow, beautiful car. I have a similar setup and I will vouch for the economy and the performance - someone just got a great deal on a very sorted car! Wish mine was that clean, but I guess that's what 360k in the snow belt will do to a car...

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Golf Gone But not forgotten. 2000 Jetta TDi Kerma Tuned
Where did you get your front plate?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk