Weird vibration sound after some time of driving.

Maartin

TDI
Passat B5+
Hi all,
So, I've a Passat B5+ 1.9 TDI 2004.
I usually drive my passat to work and back to home which is city area and I usually don't surpass 70+ km/h and no problem is noticed.
Whenever I drive longer distances and I tend to drive around 100-110 km/h for some time, then at some point (not at the beginning) I start to hear and will vibration that comes from motor side (I think). The sound appears when I accelerate even little bit.
Any ideas what could be wrong?
Any similar experiences?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta tdi
Maybe check the trans fluid. Wonder if it’s getting hot at the higher speeds. Just a guess. I would imagine a bad mount or bushing would be doing it the whole time

zzdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
05 passat tdi Geared BSM and Bewcam 2nd 2005 deleted ,converted and bew cam stage 2 Malone3 tune.
Start with balancing the tires to rule that out.

B0b222

TDI
VW Golf 1.6 TDI SE
It also could be dirty or worn spark plugs or damaged inner CV joint.

cjolson140

TDI
1999.5 Jetta
my mk4 jetta does exactly the same thing, and I’m pretty sure it’s the brakes dragging. only really happens after driving on the highway for a while. are your brakes hot or even warm after driving a while and not using the brakes at all? do they pulse at all when braking to a stop? mine are definitely dragging even after replacing calipers and master cylinder

my engine mounts aren’t great either, which could be a contributing factor