We Sure Do Like It

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
Never owned a VW until I got the Jetta. The little TDI has just been the best thing since sliced bread. Then my wife and I ran across a low miles Passat for a good price and just couldn't pass it up.

We have never owned a car this nice before -- it will flat out spoil a person. I can't for the life of me convince her to trade.

jbrone

Veteran Member
TDI
R.I.P.: '98 Jetta TDI
congrats

Is this a Passat TDI? I (I mean my wife) has a Passat 1.8 Turbo that is the best value of any car in my opinion. We have owned a lot of cars, and this is the best running, most fun, well-rounded of any. You will absolutely adore this car. Don't be surprised if your friends don't get it. The longer you have it the more you'll love it. The only thing that would be better is a Passat TDI.

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
Yes it's a TDI. We had been biding our time hoping to find the right one (low miles, reasonable price, and located within driving distance) and had actually given up. We'd been looking for a GL (frugality and all), but instead found a GLS with leather package for a better price than any GL we'd run across. Funny, but my wife and I have never even had a desire for a car decked out like this, but we'll take it and not complain. She had a Bonneville and I was worried about how she would perceive the interior space at first. There's no doubt there's plenty of room and it's such a refined car. The TDI performance and mileage were a given in my mind; we're just pleased with all other aspects of the car also.

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
Nice acquisition, Tom!! I agree, even the refinement on the smaller cars is impressive.

Make sure you keep up on the maintenance and these will last you a good long time.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
Very nice passat. The tdi passat gls with leather will pamper you. I know as my passat is equipped in that fashion.

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
Appreciate the compliment. I know there's nothing special about this one, particularly as viewed by Passat owners (you already know what you've got). It's just we're becoming privy to the secret.

Spotless, just under 11k mi, pretty low $twenties. Hope we didn't get taken too bad.

2004STARWARSTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2004 Platinum Gray GLS Jetta / 2006 Silver Jetta with DSG
Passat GLS TDI

:D Be Happy you made a great deal! I have Jetta GLS w leather & love it. Also have 06 Jetta TDI with DSG -another great car!:)

gundog_62

TDI
2005 Passat GLS TDI Silver
I spied a nice Silver Passat TDI w/ 17" wheels around Lincoln NE the other day.... hey, wait, thats MINE!!! Hah! I know, this isn't the sightings page, but I just had to throw that in.

I am extremely happy with my 05 Passat TDI. Had it about 1 year now. Did alot of research, wanted the diesel, best option around. I have about 22k miles now, drive alot between Lincoln / KCMO / Jefferson City MO and it is the perfect car for long hauls. Avg about 38 - 42 mpg, get about 600 miles per tank.

Previous cars include 1987 Dodge Raider 4x4, 1994 green ford taurus, 2000 F250 7.3L Powerstroke, and 1992 Yamaha Virago 750 (still have, rides great). In a couple of years, I may put my name on the list for a Toureg TDI. They are Niiiice.

PS. The QT on I29 at Platte City is almost always the lowest price Diesel that I know of. I'm always hunting for cheap fuel.

Last edited: