We need a Maryland meet soon!

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
A BBQ or maybe a get together at a local pub or something would be great. Been missing hanging out with some of you folks!

Ideas?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
A BBQ or maybe a get together at a local pub or something would be great. Been missing hanging out with some of you folks!
Ideas?
If you build it, they will come. I'm semi-retired, but busy with a consulting project right now, or I'd post some suggestions. Put your thinking cap on. Oh, and Tom, maybe you would like my title? :p

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Naw.... Just is really hard to do these days..... and I will be out off the TDI world before long....
That's why I want to get a group together before we all turn our common rails in :D

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
That's why I want to get a group together before we all turn our common rails in :D
Mine is already parked awaiting the buyback. My wife has already told me she likes the new car better and doesn't miss the JSW :D. But she has a 2015 Golf TDI and she intends to get the fix (easier decision for her since it is a Gen3).

Even if we move on to other non-TDI cars, we could still meet up and show off whatever it is that people are driving these days..

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Mine is already parked awaiting the buyback. My wife has already told me she likes the new car better and doesn't miss the JSW :D. But she has a 2015 Golf TDI and she intends to get the fix (easier decision for her since it is a Gen3).

Even if we move on to other non-TDI cars, we could still meet up and show off whatever it is that people are driving these days..
No gassers allowed :p

Ha, I kid :D
Bring what you got :cool:

I guess since I started the thread I'll think of something good for a meet up place.

My big question is would you guys like something outdoors? Like a local park so we can have a BBQ? Or would you guys like to meet up at a local pub/restaurant?

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
No gassers allowed :p

Ha, I kid :D
Bring what you got :cool:

I guess since I started the thread I'll think of something good for a meet up place.

My big question is would you guys like something outdoors? Like a local park so we can have a BBQ? Or would you guys like to meet up at a local pub/restaurant?
If we are going to do outdoors, then we should shoot for Sept/Oct when the weather is nicer and vacation season is over. It is too damned hot these days.

Indoors we could do anywhere and anytime, I guess.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
If we are going to do outdoors, then we should shoot for Sept/Oct when the weather is nicer and vacation season is over. It is too damned hot these days.

Indoors we could do anywhere and anytime, I guess.
Good points...

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'm game for a GTG, depending on when it is. My weekends are a lot better than they used to be, but I don't know how long that will last.

I'd also be up for doing brunch or something down here in VA if anyone is interested. I'll start a thread about that after TDIFest.

Speaking of TDIFest, it would be great to get some more DMV area members representing in Wisconsin! :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Now that's a great idea!
Kinda pricy doe :eek:
That said I went there for a friend's bachelors party. What a blast! Karts are 100% electric too. Worth it for the amount of fun you get there :D
Electric karts are a blast! We do go karting every year at the Detroit Auto Show GTG in Michigan, and last year we switched to a place with electric karts instead of gas. It's so much better without the stench and the sound of a bunch of lawn mower engines buzzing around the track. Plus, they're faster and have much better torque than the little 5hp Briggs engines.

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
I'm definitely in for this. I can't make TDIfest because of work and I was bummed when the Impex gtg was canceled due to the monsoon. Ive learned a ton from what many of you have posted and would to put some faces to the profile names.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I'm definitely in for this. I can't make TDIfest because of work and I was bummed when the Impex gtg was canceled due to the monsoon. Ive learned a ton from what many of you have posted and would to put some faces to the profile names.
You outlined every reason I want a local meet as well.

Let's hear some ideas if you have any for location and events.

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
O's game at The Yard in September is always a good call. Or did we want to keep more of a auto related/show and shine thing.

If we wanted to make it an all day thing we could meet at the northern end of the Skyline Drive in Front Royal cruise the 100 miles south stopping at the pull offs, get some food in Waynesboro VA and either drive the Skyline back, take the highway, or some other scenic route back home.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
O's game at The Yard in September is always a good call. Or did we want to keep more of a auto related/show and shine thing.

If we wanted to make it an all day thing we could meet at the northern end of the Skyline Drive in Front Royal cruise the 100 miles south stopping at the pull offs, get some food in Waynesboro VA and either drive the Skyline back, take the highway, or some other scenic route back home.
Skyline Drive is always amazing. I did the whole thing a few months ago in late spring, and it was great. I'd be up for something like this, or just a casual lunch/brunch/coffee GTG somewhere.

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
Skyline Drive is always amazing. I did the whole thing a few months ago in late spring, and it was great. I'd be up for something like this, or just a casual lunch/brunch/coffee GTG somewhere.
I've ridden it by bicycle and driven it and it never gets old. Keeping it causal was my thought too. Show up in Front Royal at xxx time and we roll out. Once at the south end you can go home however you want. Keeping it informal will make it much easier to plan.

VeeDubTDI

TDI

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
A great park ranger at the Anasazi Heritage Center in Colorado talked me into buying a NPS Senior Free Pass last spring when we did our trip out west. It cost $10 and saved me $30 during the rest of our trip.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
A great park ranger at the Anasazi Heritage Center in Colorado talked me into buying a NPS Senior Free Pass last spring when we did our trip out west. It cost $10 and saved me $30 during the rest of our trip.
The lifetime senior citizen pass is a great deal. My dad got one a few years ago.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
I have had one for 8 years a great deal. We can get a northeast sticker for free parking also.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
I am interested. It has been a very long year & I could use the break. Hen, good to see you posting.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Okay, how does this sound?
Saturday morning 8am... hunt valley horsepower (cars & coffee).
I'm sure that may not work for too many, but I've been wanting to check it out for a while.

Any ideas for lunch on Saturday? I know of a few nearby hunt valley (depends on how big the group is).

The other idea I had was some place for a BBQ or party Monday. It's a bit short notice for something big, but I thought I'd toss it out there if anyone had a idea on that. Monday should also be nicer weather wise.