Wavetrac & ESC switch help.

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI
About to have a wavetrac lsd installed in my DSG. Can anyone tell me if I’m missing anything or if there’s anything else I should tackle while the cars in pieces (front sway bar, etc, etc)? Do I have to be concerned about all these Brass fork issues the manual owners have to worry about?
2015 Golf TDI SEL 29,995k miles.
wavetrac: 10 309 187wk
o2e bearings: 10 309 185b
o2e shims: 10 309 185s
7 liters VAG DSG fluid: G 052 182 A2

Also, I took apart my kick panel today to see if I had the 5th pin mentioned in the USP Motorsports traction control button kit installation instructions. I do NOT. Is it still possible to install a similar kit/wire harness? I can’t stand disabling ASR/ESC through the nav menu any longer and I would like instant disabling ability in the snow with the LSD installed.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
You just have to wire from the switch through the firewall and to the abs module. More work but nothing too crazy.

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI
I came across a thread today stating the same thing. Was looking for a path this morning. I didn’t see a path through the firewall on the passenger (abs) side. I think there is a grommet on the drivers side though that I was going to use when I install meth.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
I'm not aware of any path on the passenger side. Al the wiring I have added (and am in the process of adding) if t going through a large grommet on the driver side. It comes out beneath/behind the battery tray.

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI
I'm not aware of any path on the passenger side. Al the wiring I have added (and am in the process of adding) if t going through a large grommet on the driver side. It comes out beneath/behind the battery tray.

what path did you take inside the engine bay to keep the wire away from the heat when crossing over to the abs wire harness? There’s not much back there to attach the repair wire to.

mayday_soc

TDI
Mk7 TDI
You just have to wire from the switch through the firewall and to the abs module. More work but nothing too crazy.

Do you remember if the repair wire you ran through the firewall from t17d pin5 to ABS module pin 39 was 000979035E (t17d male pin) spliced to 000979046E (abs style pin)? Also, should I run more than one wire for potential future retrofits? I can’t think of any other button I want to use other than ESC. Not sure I’d use mode, eco or tpms.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
I will have my rain tray off hopefully this weekend and will try to take pictures of the path. But you should be able to trace the existing harness back. I'm installing all of the shifter surround buttons, but I prefer a single button press versus digging into the menus on the infotainment. Since you're already running wire it wouldn't hurt to run a few extra in case you ever change your mind.