Waterfest 2016 (July 16-17)

Cooper

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW (traded in 5/2015)
I got too old for WF about 15 years ago. :D

Went to the first few. A picture with my '87 GTI 16v trapped in the parking lot by the crowd at Rapid Parts' new location grand opening celebration after WF 1 was on the wall in Rapid Parts for years. :p

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I always make it down there at some point. Probably Sunday, as they don't open Saturday until noon. I like to be out of there by noon, typically.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
The young folks act crazy with there cars and do dangerous stuff......and I imagine it is worse now.....and it really isn't for Diesel folks.....wears a different crowd for the most part

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I just hope it's not as hot as last year

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
It's always hot. Until it rains. Then it's raining and hot.

I usually go because a lot of our vendors are there, although there were significantly fewer last year. But it's worth going for a few hours to say hi to folks.

I think the craziness starts later in the day, especially on Sunday. I'm long gone by then.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
The young folks act crazy with there cars and do dangerous stuff......and I imagine it is worse now.....and it really isn't for Diesel folks.....wears a different crowd for the most part
We had a pretty good sized crew last year from TDIClub... Several folks with common rail stage 3 or better tunes :D :cool:

I just hope it's not as hot as last year
/\ THIS /\
Are you also going to be there Kerma?

I did leave well before "afterfest" though and spent most of my time on the vendor side of the show. I also had a blast listening to some of the cars roll full out down the 1/4 mile track :D

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Knock your socks off.....
Tomo, Ever been to a Honda meet? I have and they make VW folks look like saints :eek:
Honestly most of the folks at waterfest were pretty chill last year. They seem to be saving the crazy stuff for the track burnouts and such. For the most part though, you're right. It's not geared to the Diesel powered cars.

That's why I'm trying to get a bigger TDIClub crew there this year to represent diesel power at the event. There were only a few actual Diesel powered cars in the show last year. I would love for diesel powered cars to go out with a bang after the dieselgate shenanigans.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Tomo, Ever been to a Honda meet? I have and they make VW folks look like saints :eek:
Honestly most of the folks at waterfest were pretty chill last year. They seem to be saving the crazy stuff for the track burnouts and such. For the most part though, you're right. It's not geared to the Diesel powered cars.
That's why I'm trying to get a bigger TDIClub crew there this year to represent diesel power at the event. There were only a few actual Diesel powered cars in the show last year. I would love for diesel powered cars to go out with a bang after the dieselgate shenanigans.
I have owned 13 VW Diesels since 1994 do you honestly believe I have been to a Honda Meet......In the Early years I would go to mostly gasser VW meets Bug Out went to Ocean City a couple times and as stated Waterfest when it was held at a College in Clifton.....just not for me I am much older now and much wiser....

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
I'll be there on Sunday with my TDI and my brother will be there with his V8 S5 that he picked up this year. He should have gone with the turbocharged V6, but he was still in the American mindset of bigger=better.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I'll be there Saturday since I have plans for Sunday. Otherwise I'd be there all weekend :)

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I'm leaning towards Saturday, too. Weather forecast looks a little better, and I can leave home later and still get there close to when they open at noon. Driving home Saturday evening will probably mean less traffic than Sunday, too.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I'm leaning towards Saturday, too. Weather forecast looks a little better, and I can leave home later and still get there close to when they open at noon. Driving home Saturday evening will probably mean less traffic than Sunday, too.
Sweet! See you there :)

We should have some type of place to meet for waterfest for tdi owners.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Everyone is welcome to hang out at the kermatdi tents.

rumor has it there will be free beer and stuff. ;)

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Everyone is welcome to hang out at the kermatdi tents.

rumor has it there will be free beer and stuff. ;)
Sweet!

I'll be sure to say hi when I get there. That'll make a perfect spot for a meet up.I think a 1:00-1:30pm would make a good time to meet.

MIVWTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
12 JSW DSG (RIP), 15 GSW

This was on 6/16 at Les's both from GDM. He made 267 whp/ 417wtq on the dyno with the black Stage 4 JSW. Which is still being developed.
The white one in the booth is mine!
Cheers!
Les had to leave Saturday night

Last edited:

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT

This was on 6/16 at Les's both from GDM. He made about 265/350 on the dyno with black Stage 4 JSW. Which is still being developed.
The white one in the booth is mine!
Cheers!

Les had to leave Saturday night!
Hey man! I saw your car there... mad props!

Yours was one of my favorite cars there :cool:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Got home a couple hours ago. Except for meeting up with a friend and having lunch with him Waterfest was a big disappointment. None of the vendors we work with were there, lots of empty booth spaces. Fewer cars on exhibition, too. I saw a significant decrease in activity last year, this year more so. May be my last visit.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Got home a couple hours ago. Except for meeting up with a friend and having lunch with him Waterfest was a big disappointment. None of the vendors we work with were there, lots of empty booth spaces. Fewer cars on exhibition, too. I saw a significant decrease in activity last year, this year more so. May be my last visit.
It was a pretty big letdown after the torrential downpour. I went VIP this year to get a good view of the track in a air conditioned room because of how hot it got last year. I was talking to the kermatdi folks when the first downpour hit... turned the parking lot into a lake :eek:

Many venders packed up and left shortly after that because many of their displays, cardboard, and other items got soaked.:(

I did get to talk with most of the folks I wanted to though. By the time I made it to the track they had completely shut down all cars using the track because of how wet it was.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I was there Sunday AM. I heard it had rained on Saturday, but I doubt some of the vendors we typically see would give up the full day Sunday because things got wet. Typically I see Total Lubricants, Liqui-Moly, South Bend Clutch, Koni, Bilstein, Ross-Tech (although they skipped last year), Bentley Publishing, Black Forest Industries, and a lot of competitors that I like to check out. None of those this year. Did you see any of those companies there on Saturday?

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
REALLY wish I could have made it out there this year and hung out with you guys.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I was there Sunday AM. I heard it had rained on Saturday, but I doubt some of the vendors we typically see would give up the full day Sunday because things got wet. Typically I see Total Lubricants, Liqui-Moly, South Bend Clutch, Koni, Bilstein, Ross-Tech (although they skipped last year), Bentley Publishing, Black Forest Industries, and a lot of competitors that I like to check out. None of those this year. Did you see any of those companies there on Saturday?
Now that you mention it, no, none of those guys were there. I don't think any of the vendors completely packed up and didn't come back. It was more of a parking up a little early for the day and coming back Sunday kinda thing.

I don't think I saw DieselGeek there either :(