Waterfest 2008 !!!!????

fukeen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 1990 Golf
FEELER.... WATERFEST 14 WILL BE HELD ON JULY 19TH & 20TH, 2008
AT RACEWAY PARK - ENGLISHTOWN, NJ! :cool: :D

I think GTA TDI drivers should do a meet and have a bit of a pow wow about this topic.......:) or a least on this thread

Last edited:

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
You can't even drink in the parking lots of the hotels anymore... I made it down for WF 9 which rocked, but I've heard it gets worse every year.

The show to go to is H2O.

fukeen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 1990 Golf
Comon now guys:( ur killing it for me. I've been planning to go for years and for one reason or other could not make it :mad: . This year I said to myself, it will be the one time I make it down there. I just wanna c how many Ontario TDI owneres would like to go :). I would like to c at least 10 cars make our way to have a TDI Club sticker :D.

And as far as having a bash out there.... I am not worried. There is plenty of ways to finish a case of 24 without doing it on the parking lots HE HE

Last edited:

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
I was to Waterfest last year, and it was alright, we camped out at cheesequake park, heck they don't even allow you to drink on the campground.

I'll probably go again to waterfest to check it out, so if your looking at doing a convoy I'm in.

I'd love to hit up H2O as well if anyone else is going to make the trip

fukeen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 1990 Golf
Alright brota :) I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. If we dont get the number that I'm expecting then we can join with other clubs in GTA and kruze together. (I know GenerationDub will go)
What I would love to see is TDIs only but we'll see if we can get the numbers.
Maybe when the time gets closer to the event, people will warm up to the idea. For now I just wanna see more peps reply to this post.... Cheers

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
yeah it would be sweet to have a couple more oil bunners to cruize with.

There is one guy TDI guy cdn20valve with a MK3 jetta that went down with me last year as well as his buddy with an MK4, we stayed together most of the trip

fukeen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 1990 Golf
H2O may be an option guys, but its in Sep. I'm looking to go to something sooner, closer, and better weather too. - hint(WATERFEST)

I'll leave this post here and lets see what people are more interasted in...
WATERFEST vs H2O???

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
hmmmm....

10 hour drive to get to H2O

8 hour drive to get to Waterfest

Hmmmm....

Can I get the time off work?

Hmmmm....

MrVermin

Marchmen

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Let's not forget about the 7.5 hour drive to TDIFest or the 30 minute drive to Vagkraft.

fukeen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 1990 Golf
I dont think anybody forgot about the other shows.... Vagcraft is in our back yard so we cant forget about it even if anybody wanted to.!

All I want is to see how many people are interested in going to WATERFEST....! I wanna do few meets, some planning and organizing to have a fleet of TDI Dubs go to the boody show and have a good time. That is it :mad: .
And if there is not enough people willing to commit from the TDI Club then we will join with other clubs from GTA like GenerationDub and kruze together. Simple..

I do care about other shows too, I really do. I just dont care about them right now :D

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I'd love to go to one of these meets, if (and that is a BIG IF) I can get the time off work:rolleyes:

I'll have to see what happens and if there are others willing to tag along in a "Smog Train":D

MrVermin

digifant_gli

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Wagon
For those that are going, I highly recommend the Westin in Princeton....I stayed there a few years ago when I went and the service was great! If anyone is interested in a "convoy" trip, I can get an excellent rate at this hotel, for groups of 5 rooms or more.

If anyone is interested, let me know...I am seriously thinking of heading down again this year.

fukeen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 1990 Golf
digifant_gli said:
For those that are going, I highly recommend the Westin in Princeton....I stayed there a few years ago when I went and the service was great! If anyone is interested in a "convoy" trip, I can get an excellent rate at this hotel, for groups of 5 rooms or more.

If anyone is interested, let me know...I am seriously thinking of heading down again this year.
I want to go for sure!!!!!! :D :D :D :cool:

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
Why go to a hotel when you can rough it and camp outside?

Deezel dub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf Variant
5months away and making threads already. Sure fire way to over hype this show.
P.S. you can drink in the parking lots.

Beer pong right at the front door of DAYS

fukeen

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 1990 Golf
There is no way parking lot drinking will be stopped. Its private property and by law you are able to do that. Thats the law in Ontario and I dont think US law should be any diff.

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
fukeen said:
There is no way parking lot drinking will be stopped. Its private property and by law you are able to do that. Thats the law in Ontario and I dont think US law should be any diff.
Assuming the laws elsewhere are the same as here is always a bad idea....

I think it's more a matter of the hotels curbing the parking lot drinking - and it is THEIR private property, so they can do as they please.