Water/Meth but.... Oil in charge pipe

Tdi-mk6-cjaa

TDI
MK6 CJAA
A little background first.
MK6 CJAA JETTA
Stage 2
DPF delete

Noticing my EGT's spike around 950°c and I was looking to install a water/meth kit. But...... I have noticed oil in my charge pipe. When I installed my boost tap. Not much but residual oil from what I'm assuming the turbo or the PCV system. Any thoughts if the water/meth would conflict with the oil in my charge pipe? What's ur 2 cents or experience?

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
i have no idea on your engine, but i ran all orts of DIY water and water/meth injection on my AHU with loads of oil mist from CCV and from my gt2052 pushing 32psi. never had any issues.
All i can think of is making sure you go with a high pressure system. my DIY system was running 80PSI when both nozzles were on. one pre and the other post turbo. I used a 120 PSI 12v pump triggered by my auber gauges on Boost and EGT relays with McMasters nozzles and some hard line. cost me about $120 for a set up that would have ran about $700 for up to 3 injection points! food for thought. its really easy to make a DIY kit for the price. but i did have to tune my set up, like tons of tuning and guessing and logging. its nice to buy a kit that is plug and play, no guessing what PSI you need for what nozzles at what temps etc......

Tdi-mk6-cjaa

TDI
MK6 CJAA
i have no idea on your engine, but i ran all orts of DIY water and water/meth injection on my AHU with loads of oil mist from CCV and from my gt2052 pushing 32psi. never had any issues.
All i can think of is making sure you go with a high pressure system. my DIY system was running 80PSI when both nozzles were on. one pre and the other post turbo. I used a 120 PSI 12v pump triggered by my auber gauges on Boost and EGT relays with McMasters nozzles and some hard line. cost me about $120 for a set up that would have ran about $700 for up to 3 injection points! food for thought. its really easy to make a DIY kit for the price. but i did have to tune my set up, like tons of tuning and guessing and logging. its nice to buy a kit that is plug and play, no guessing what PSI you need for what nozzles at what temps etc......
Since my post iv learned the oil is probably like u said from the CCV. Maybe a little turbo bypass. I'm peaking 31psi n holding 27psi with the stock turbo. I read my best bet is placing my nozzle right at the intake manifold. As for what psi to run the nozzle iv read it needs to to tweaked. If it's too high ur EGT's will be high. There's a sweet spot so iv read. Got some more research too do 😁

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
i was going more for maxing out my fuel delivery by cutting down my EGT's with just strait water fog. im no master when it comes to this stuff. i barly tipped the iceberg of knowledge.
my takeaway was to add power with fuel. once you have limited your budget and engine with fuel (diesel) well, now it's time to go to injectables. Chris from Kerma told me that one. best way to add power, more fuel (most reliable way to get it) getting too hot? get a bigger FMIC and start adding more boost/CFM as in head work, valves, cam ect......

travis45

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Sportwagen, 96 Passat TDI Sedan
Keep us posted on how the wmi helps the temps. The cr170 turbo does seem to make a lot of heat. It's a nice replacement for a stock turbo, but it isn't really a big turbo.