Water Injection, does it benefit TDI?

JST

Veteran Member
TDI
Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.2 jtd 180 AT8

Water/bio ethanol injection on a Alfa 156 2.4 20v (common rail)
Purple line is a standard remap including downpipe from me, fmic and enlarged intake manifold
Green line is custom remap
Blue/Red is with 50/50 water/bio ethanol mix.

I think the increase in torque is impressive, +45 Nm. Power is up with 16 hp as you can see.

Tom.

TDI
SEAT Ibiza PD130
60meth/40 water.
Cant decide if your friend is brave or just plain stupid! With 60meth you'l more than likely be getting detonation, and with that comes cracked pistons. I found out the hard way, and I was "only" running 50meth tops.

Personally, I dont intend to run any meth through mine again. Instead im going to have water, only for when ambients are high.

brum

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat B5, 1.9 TDI, AFN
I'm wandering about the water/meth injection and its effect on the carbon deposits. It will for sure clean up the cylinders, but would it also clean up the vanes of the VGT?

traxterXT

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by traxterXT
60meth/40 water.

Cant decide if your friend is brave or just plain stupid! With 60meth you'l more than likely be getting detonation, and with that comes cracked pistons. I found out the hard way, and I was "only" running 50meth tops.

Personally, I dont intend to run any meth through mine again. Instead im going to have water, only for when ambients are high.
I've been running Water/Meth 50/50 sometimes 60/40 on drag nights for over 2 years now. My engine is still running stock compression with stock pistons.

as far as cleaning the VGT... probably, I know my turbo WG turbo likes it. it whisle like a new after a good run on it. the intake manifold is squeaky clean but the CCV and EGR are allowed in there anymore.

XBS

TDI
09' Q7 3.0
I run 100% direct port water injection on my twin turbo G35 and that allows me to make 600rwhp on 91 octane gas. I am running a custom aquamist system and plan to do the same direct port 100% water on my passat tdi, then go for a stage 2 tune but leave on all the oem exhaust componets as the water will take care of egt's.

running 100% water is much better and safer, leave delivery up to the fuel injectors ;)

Spike_africa

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI/w DSG
Just because its old doesn't mean its not good.

I run a 60/40 Meth/Water ratio on mine. You can feel the difference when the kit is turned off. My kit was less than $300 from coolingmist.com I love it.