Washer Fluid Pump Not Working

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, 1996 Passat Variant (RIP), 2002 Jetta Wagon, 1995 Passat Variant TDI conversion brought back from the dead, 1997 Passat Variant project, and returned 2014 Passat
The washer fluid pump is not working on my 2014 Passat 6 MT. I do not have access to the online manual so can anyone help me with access to and how to change washer fluid pump, which I have already bought? Is there anything else I should be aware of what to check for this problem? All the lines seem to be intact and the fluid is rated for -30 F, so freezing up is not the issue, thanks guys!

Rabert

TDI
2012 Passat
When I bought my 2012 mine was not working either. I checked voltages at the pump, it ended up being the Body Control Module. As a note, if you or dealer change this module out make sure you/dealer reprogram both or all key fobs......

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, 1996 Passat Variant (RIP), 2002 Jetta Wagon, 1995 Passat Variant TDI conversion brought back from the dead, 1997 Passat Variant project, and returned 2014 Passat
Chattanooga Rob, I have 44,000 miles on my car so it's out of warranty.

Rabert, I don't know what the Body Control Module is or where it is for that matter, so will look into it.

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
No, it's good since I have not had any issues with the car until the washer pump not working, so need to get to work.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
If it's controlled by the body control module a VCDS scan should show it. If you don't have access to VCDS, try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting. The BCM stops trying to use an item it thinks is damaged until it's reset.

gioTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
Bringing this from the dead, have your figured out what was the underlying cause? I would certainly hope they put a fuse for that, but i can't seem to find it either, mine isn't working and i have a 2014 SEL

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
Bringing this from the dead, have your figured out what was the underlying cause? I would certainly hope they put a fuse for that, but i can't seem to find it either, mine isn't working and i have a 2014 SEL
When mine failed on the '13 Passat, it was the pump. Same issue on the '14 JSW for that matter. Seems they must have had a bad batch of pumps...

mobhitmn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat 6mt SE
Mine just went in my 2013 Passat. Just got the new pump in. I guess I just pull the rightside wheel well plastic out of the way and the pump swaps in and out pretty easily??? Any headsup on this install?

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
From the manual:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3tZQpquCYEoN3JyVG5zNmx1ZDQ/view?usp=sharing

Removing
– Remove front bumper cover →General body repairs, exterior; Rep. gr.63.

– Turn securing clip on hose connection to release it and pull it off windscreen washer pump -V5--3-.
– Collect any escaping washer fluid in a suitable container.

– Pull windscreen washer pump -V5--2- upwards out of the reservoir -1- and release and detach connector.
Installing
Install in the reverse order of removal. When doing this, note the following:
– Tighten threaded connections to specified torque → Chapter.
– On completion of installation work, bleed headlight washer system → Chapter.

gioTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
Well in my case it wasn't the pump, it was the stalk actually, surprisingly enough the stalk comes one piece L and R side, swapped it and all is working