Wanting an '09 TDI...

CoriolisSTORM

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta BRM DSG
Gents, I'm back in the market for a TDI as I am moving back home from Tuscaloosa (I hate it here!) and am going to commute back and forth, about 55 miles one way, 5 days a week 52 weeks a year (get 6 off days a year plus weekends!) Anyway, there's two dealers in B'ham and 1 here in Tuscaloosa, next closest would be in South Mississippi. The Tuscaloosa one has A Jetta Sportwagon, silver with black interior and that's it. I don't really want a wagon though, (my Caliber is of course a hatch, but it actually looks good as a hatch, I think a Jetta looks better in sedan form!) I'm wanting a black sedan with black interior, Loyal Edition, (not sure if it includes bluetooth/audio controls and such, but I want that), manual, and of course 18" karthoums or huffs. Do you all know what the wait time is on an order for one? How do I get phone #s for the B'ham dealers and the South MS one? I am eligible for a VW supplier discount, can any of you tell me how much an LE is at invoice? Also, what are interest rates like on the TDIs now? I have 7.9% on my Caliber. Finally, my discount form has a clause in it that states that if the car is in short supply that the dealer is not required to honor the discount. Think that will be a problem for me?
---
Fuel note, besides driving to every stinking gas station in the area, how would I go about finding what stations have ULSD?

Lots of questions I know, but thank you all for your help!!!

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
On-road diesel fuel sold throughout Canada and USA is ULSD. There is no longer any concern about that.

A lot of your questions would be best answered by going to www.vw.com and using the find-a-dealer page, or looking in the phone book. The dealer can look up what's in stock at other dealers in the area and what is on VW's production schedule (and when it would arrive). As for wheels, for anything other than the standard wheels you are on your own to buy them (and tires) and get them installed. You *might* be able to work those into the deal since those wheels are available through VW.

CoriolisSTORM

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta BRM DSG
When did ULSD finally become the only one available? The places around here still have the "Low Sulfur Diesel, do not use in vehicles newer than 2007" stickers on their pumps...

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
~10-20 % of US sold diesel is LSD which means 80 % is ULSD ...... That is the rule but in reality there is still a lot of 100-300 ppm still being sold marked or not . VWAG knows this and has designed their 09 spec emissions cars to deal with this fact and still pass emissions .