• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

Wanted: Justed purchased yellow 98 WV beetle

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
What is this babble of which thee speaks??

TDI
W

This one please keep an eye out I even posted on Craigslist but highly doubt they would look in that site

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
Did you leave your wallet under the seat or something? I can't imagine the people, who had their own private transaction for an old half-broken car, are too eager to contact a 3rd party.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Care to disclose why it's special to you? (Now I'm intrigued)

TDI
W
Care to disclose why it's special to you? (Now I'm intrigued)
It might be a special pikachu edition car Iā€™m not 100% certain but it might be but without the ears and tail and other stuff but he has a face mask and a pikachu gear shift so it might be pikachu car please help spread the news

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
It might be a special pikachu edition car Iā€™m not 100% certain but it might be but without the ears and tail and other stuff but he has a face mask and a pikachu gear shift so it might be pikachu car please help spread the news
I never knew such a car existed until just now! That's cool!

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wifeā€™s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
I had to google ā€œpikachuā€ I had no idea what it was I thought someone was trolling. I gotta say after finding out that there were some beetles themed after this PokĆ©mon thing Iā€™m not really impressed. I thought PokĆ©mon was a childā€™s game.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
I had to google ā€œpikachuā€ I had no idea what it was I thought someone was trolling. I gotta say after finding out that there were some beetles themed after this PokĆ©mon thing Iā€™m not really impressed. I thought PokĆ©mon was a childā€™s game.
For most non-VW fans (and even many fans) the most well-known VW worldwide is Herbie. You know, the Love Bug? I think VW could use a Pikachu or two for every Dune, Denim, or Gelb Schwarzer Renner. I don't need to be impressed, it's cool if they have some fun.

Looking at the one in the video, the color at the front turn signal is quite close to the color inside the one listed for sale, not that it matters. I can't see them using a TDI (or a stickshift) for a novelty edition run of only 10 cars, but who knows? The OP also sees something different about the shifter, which I can't see. I also feel like I've seen that bright color yellow on other Beetles, but maybe I'm confused. I would think Stig could just post the VIN for a confirmation of past ownership.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
I will also note for the OP, what they believe to be a pikachu gear shift is not. It is merely a pikachu pen topper shoved on a red pen and put in the flower vase on the dash. Maybe I'm mistaken...

valvecrusher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat, '00 Jetta
there was a guy here named Richard, who owned one of the 10 Pikachu Beetles...

He removed the Nintendo stuff, and kept it in his garage......iirc, he sold the car a couple of years ago....?

Guy lived in GA, also...

TDI
W
If anyone see the pikachus let me know šŸ„ŗ I know the three people who own one but didnā€™t ask them about selling there lol just want a different one

TDI
W
Original paint was red. Doubt it was a special pikacju.
Yeah I read that they bought the WV so they are the lagit ones they repainted them, it is the real pikachu car I need it always been my dream Iā€™m 33 now and loved PokĆ©mon since 99ā€™ didnā€™t think anyone would sell thereā€™s tho so I didnā€™t look till recently someone said they saw that someone had one for sale šŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗ

Last edited:
TDI
W
For most non-VW fans (and even many fans) the most well-known VW worldwide is Herbie. You know, the Love Bug? I think VW could use a Pikachu or two for every Dune, Denim, or Gelb Schwarzer Renner. I don't need to be impressed, it's cool if they have some fun.

Looking at the one in the video, the color at the front turn signal is quite close to the color inside the one listed for sale, not that it matters. I can't see them using a TDI (or a stickshift) for a novelty edition run of only 10 cars, but who knows? The OP also sees something different about the shifter, which I can't see. I also feel like I've seen that bright color yellow on other Beetles, but maybe I'm confused. I would think Stig could just post the VIN for a confirmation of past ownership.
I DM himed and he never wrote back very upset cuz u know I could have pay a bit more then what they wanted even tho it was broken

TDI
W
there was a guy here named Richard, who owned one of the 10 Pikachu Beetles...

He removed the Nintendo stuff, and kept it in his garage......iirc, he sold the car a couple of years ago....?

Guy lived in GA, also...
If u have more info about him or can dm me about the whereabouts of the pikachu car let me know