WANTED: Bosio race 683 nozzles to fit v6 tdi engines

ben0069

TDI
allroad 2.5 tdi v6
Hi all have tried the photo again, seems fine when I look at it, yes forgot to mention the other details(thanks Chris) .
The clutch is sre with sre pressure plate but have recently found out I have the wrong disc, after speaking with zf sachs I have the clutch disc with four springs in the centre and this is not listed for the allroad hence the judder.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Not that it matters much but I have a Sachs SRE clutch listed for the 2.0 tdi in mine and there is no judder. I did find the older clutches have much harder pedal than the new ones I have fitted...

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Could the setup perform better if fitted with SRE sintetic disc + SRE pressure plate?
I reckon a sintered clutch disc will be very aggressive and difficult to modulate in traffic...I did not slip a Sachs SRE clutch yet...

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
I now have a sre pressure plate and sre organic disc onto a stock DMF in my car (B7 chasssis with 01X) I must say it shudders pretty bad while taking off unless u keep revs over 1500 rpm or so. I had hoped the dmf would have kept the judder away but it doesnt seem to be it

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Ruben, I think youn did not bed the clutch in properly... Tow something With it in a few Miles And it Should not be a problem...

Andry

TDI
Allroad C5 2.5TDI V6 BAU
Is there anyone still interested in buying Bosio Race 683 nozzles ?
How about a group buy? I've talked to Fratelli Bosio and the nozzles would be 35€/piece + shipping. Could be available from the end of September.

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
AUDI A4B6 AKE(compound in progress)audi a6 AFB(+30% custom nozzles GTX hybrid 2.3bar) golf4 AJM(+300% Biggest PD nozzles gt1756gtx-2.2bar)
Bosio race nozzles have faults in the design. You will always have rough idle.But this is not a problem when they are cheap. :D

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
Haha that is total bs. But not that big surprise there actually. I know some more expensive nozzles that are having even worse quality problems...so Its probably not price related after all in some cases.

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
AUDI A4B6 AKE(compound in progress)audi a6 AFB(+30% custom nozzles GTX hybrid 2.3bar) golf4 AJM(+300% Biggest PD nozzles gt1756gtx-2.2bar)
Mayby the ones that give more HP than the others and have no idle problems?? 10 years after nobody has cure for BOSIO RACE idle problems,we have found that they have problems with the design.Calculations are wrong and they will not have stable idle no mather what you do.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Well Its not that big secret that race683 are best for semi big power (350+) with no problems, good atomization and steady idle if installed correctly. Downside is that they fit afb injectors only.

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
Steady idle. :D 300bar pilot injection and god knows at what pressure is the main.You try to eliminate the BIG problem with race683(the mistake in design) with high pop up pressure.Goood nozzles have seady idle at original pressure settings.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Basically you dont even know why opening pressure is set higher with that big nozzles. Not really big surprise there. I'm fine with that. Races are set to 240 and they are fine with afb engine. 280 on Akn, not needed but there are some reasons for that... You wont find that in bottom of the bucked. I've heard lots complains about some other 'better than Robert bosch nozzles'-tuning nozzles more than ever heard about races. Lets just say i disagree with you and you disagree with me and case closed.

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
You are verry strange.You have mounted our nozzles and have great results(better than any other nozzles),and every time you talk bullsh*t about them.Is this the Finland way to say ''Thank you for the best nozzles that I have mounted on the car and the most HP that I have achieved''.About Openning pressure you need to lean a lot.Also Our nozzles use 8 smaller holes not 6 bigger. :)

martin33100

Veteran Member
TDI
VW T5 2.5
Ruben, I think youn did not bed the clutch in properly... Tow something With it in a few Miles And it Should not be a problem...
I may have to use a SRE clutch in my T5 if it makes good torque, how do you usually bed the clutches in?.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Not sure if trolling or not.
You really don't want to go there again. I have so many reports about your weak quality nozzles. You are quite a bit misleaded. Your better nozzles = there are no other suppliers for newer type of injectors, that has nothing to do with quality of them. That is unfortunate truth for tuners. I've been trying to find races more than a year now but they just are out of stock everywhere and finally get rid of these. And more holes =/= quality holes. Thanks for your input :D. Good to hear vendor have opinions, probably you need open your of thread instead.

You are verry strange.You have mounted our nozzles and have great results(better than any other nozzles),and every time you talk bullsh*t about them.Is this the Finland way to say ''Thank you for the best nozzles that I have mounted on the car and the most HP that I have achieved''.About Openning pressure you need to lean a lot.Also Our nozzles use 8 smaller holes not 6 bigger. :)
NB!
I add dyno from car we last installed race nozzled, 1.95bar middle range and 1.8bar after 4000. Basic 44.5/45 hybrid.

Last edited:

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi Doktorek, I need to chime kn a bit ! I kept trying the Bosio race nozzles and they are
Very, very good nozzles with stock pop pressures = no idle shudder ! I also done the map on Ben's Allroad and whilst it made 240 Bhp with diesel Kontor's nozzles, it made 280 Bhp when he swapped to your 66% larger nozzles although with a little bit of smoke -which I found acceptable ! However Ben found them a bit too much and asked me to adjust the IQ in high gear. Now, I have as a daily a BAU engined Allroad with just race nozzles and a hybrid gt2052v turbo fitted with larger turbine (basically the internals off a Mercedes gtb2056v). With 2.3 Bar of boost it makes 280
Bhp, it's a touch smokey on full throttle and the flywheel complains a lot but it makes a lot more torque than the nozzles you supply ! However, I was surprised with the way your nozzles behaved and I don't try to defaim your product in any way but I stress that Bosio Race 683 noZles are not bad at all !

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
Not sure if trolling or not.
You really don't want to go there again. I have so many reports about your weak quality nozzles. You are quite a bit misleaded. Your better nozzles = there are no other suppliers for newer type of injectors, that has nothing to do with quality of them.
I.
Very very interesting.We sell the nozzles and get no complains but you get??? Interesting that only you complain.We have selled many sets with no complains.Sorry just one- You.

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi Doktorek, I need to chime kn a bit ! I kept trying the Bosio race nozzles and they are
Very, very good nozzles with stock pop pressures = no idle shudder ! I also done the map on Ben's Allroad and whilst it made 240 Bhp with diesel Kontor's nozzles, it made 280 Bhp when he swapped to your 66% larger nozzles although with a little bit of smoke -which I found acceptable ! However Ben found them a bit too much and asked me to adjust the IQ in high gear. Now, I have as a daily a BAU engined Allroad with just race nozzles and a hybrid gt2052v turbo fitted with larger turbine (basically the internals off a Mercedes gtb2056v). With 2.3 Bar of boost it makes 280
Bhp, it's a touch smokey on full throttle and the flywheel complains a lot but it makes a lot more torque than the nozzles you supply ! However, I was surprised with the way your nozzles behaved and I don't try to defaim your product in any way but I stress that Bosio Race 683 noZles are not bad at all !
You try to compare 2 differens setups.Of course gtb2056 in housings of 2052 will give you more torque than hybrid of old 2260(hybrid).
Also what is the boost of this 2260(hybrid)??

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
That must be how you react when people complain or have negative feedback. Maybe we are here more into quality stuff than elsewhere

Very very interesting.We sell the nozzles and get no complains but you get??? Interesting that only you complain.We have selled many sets with no complains.Sorry just one- You.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
You try to compare 2 differens setups.Of course gtb2056 in housings of 2052 will give you more torque than hybrid of old 2260(hybrid).
Also what is the boost of this 2260(hybrid)??
Nope, Ben's Allroad has more supporting mods than mine !
He's setup: gt2052 Hybrid With merc gt2056v turbine and 60mm bilet compresor, CPC nozzles, Diffas exhaust manifolds and link pipes , 3" downpipe, etc.
Mine: gt2052v Hybrid With stock Mercedes 2056v internals and bilet compressor, race 683 nozzles in AFB injector bodies, full 3" exhaust, solid early Allroad FMIC and alloy boost pipes. I do have more torque than I need, still on original clutch- fitted brand new last year !
The hotside is the same between both car's turbos but bens has a larger compressor wheel...

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
Nope, Ben's Allroad has more supporting mods than mine !
He's setup: gt2052 Hybrid With merc gt2056v turbine and 60mm bilet compresor, CPC nozzles, Diffas exhaust manifolds and link pipes , 3" downpipe, etc.
Mine: gt2052v Hybrid With stock Mercedes 2056v internals and bilet compressor, race 683 nozzles in AFB injector bodies, full 3" exhaust, solid early Allroad FMIC and alloy boost pipes. I do have more torque than I need, still on original clutch- fitted brand new last year !
The hotside is the same between both car's turbos but bens has a larger compressor wheel...
So you answered the qustion yourself. Different turbos.I can add also different VP44 pumps and different remap. Still you didn't say the IQ and boost figures. When you test the nozzles in same conditions with the same IQ and boost on the SAME ENGINE then there is the real comparision. I can think of 10 other things that can be different on the 2 engines.
I told you bosio race 683 have fault in design,and that's why they don't get steady idle. We found the fault. We know how to fix it and they will be with steady idle at normal pop up pressure but that's not our job to fix some companyes faulty design.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
You still don't get it, don't you ? Both turbos are made by me, the difference is he's one has a billet compressor wheel 60mm exducer, I have a 56mm exducer billet compressor- hotside is the same ! The map is the same, I test on my car before I risk customers cars ! I use 40mg/stroke in both cars and approx 2 Bar of boost with minimal smoke ! The only difference he's got a freshly rebuilt engine and the exhaust is a 3" downpipe splitting into 2 branches 2" diameter. I have a full 3" exhaust manifold split into 2x 3" branches all the way with 2 back boxes.

The Bosio race don't shudder with stock pop pressures on AFB injectors and they do 300 Bhp with 40mg/stroke IQ and 2.4 Bar of boost, all proven on my car ! I tend to tune my cars a bit more conservative, I do not want to fix the engine every month... Just been on. Trip abroad where I drove it flat out on autobahn and still managed good fuel economy with s4 performance !

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
we melted some pistons with your nozzles that never ran good or made power.

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah.Of course you melted pistons.We use +300% on our race car 1.9 PD with 400 shots of nitro and we don't get melted pistons.(we had different other problems-cracked collectors,blown turbos but neveer melted pistons)I think something is wrong at your side.You have tested only 2 nozzles for maybe 5 run on the dyno. @ryanp Our price for the nozzles will not go as low as you wish.If we went lower I think that this problems will be gone- RIGHT.It's politics of your company.Who gives better price get advertised like the best nozzles,who not- melted pistons and crap.
Sorry mate we can go low but 1/2 of the price is suicide.

Last edited:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Lol, they were just scrap and you know it, 5 runs on the dyno are enough to kill an engine but what do we know, you guys are the best! haha

Price is never a problem if quality is good, your injectors were worth less than nothing it seems...

We only sell good tested parts so that is why your scrap was never listed, nothing to do with pricing.

doktorec

Veteran Member
TDI
Lol, they were just scrap and you know it, 5 runs on the dyno are enough to kill an engine but what do we know, you guys are the best! haha

Price is never a problem if quality is good, your injectors were worth less than nothing it seems...

We only sell good tested parts so that is why your scrap was never listed, nothing to do with pricing.
ok.Just to get the whole picture.How many engines have you blown with other nozzles than ours?? Because you are the first and only with blown pistons(engine) no mather of the type of nozzles(BMW,AUDI,VW,MB) that we have selled.Also we drive bigger nozzles(DRAG nozzles +300% over stock) on our race car(1.9 PD) with 400+ shots of NOS and have never had that problem.To give you an idea how big they are the car needs 3-3.5l of diesel for 1/4mile.
Also if i remember correctly we drive it with 35+ SOI and 42-43 degree duration.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
ok.Just to get the whole picture.How many engines have you blown with other nozzles than ours?? Because you are the first and only with blown pistons(engine) no mather of the type of nozzles(BMW,AUDI,VW,MB) that we have selled.
NONE, cracked a few pistons due to oil cooling issues and shattered some with NOS but never melted ANY with Firad nozzles. Had a lot of issues with Bosios in the last 2 years but non of those nozzles are big enough for most of our projects.

Also we drive bigger nozzles(DRAG nozzles +300% over stock) on our race car(1.9 PD) with 400+ shots of NOS and have never had that problem.To give you an idea how big they are the car needs 3-3.5l of diesel for 1/4mile.
Also if i remember correctly we drive it with 35+ SOI and 42-43 degree duration.
35soi + NOS and no dead engine, LOL. I dont this that works

If the 300% nozzles were as good as you say it would not use 3.5 Litres to make 1 drag run. With our Firad nozzles we used 3L in 6 runs!!!! Bad nozzles consume a LOT of fuel at idle and warm up, i know because i used your nozzles!!!

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Ryan, remember you are talking with supreme professionals here, so it is always your fault, never in products. :) I used to go that road...

But like I said before, this topic is about Fratelli bosio nozzles. Probably should make topic about CPC- nozzles too to receive feedback from customers.