WANTED: Bosio race 683 nozzles to fit v6 tdi engines

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Does anyone know where to get said bosio nozzles in the uk ? I am after 3 sets, just had email from Jeremy Lear and they dont stock them anymore ?! This is the email he sent me...

Hi Chris
Im sorry we dont do these nozzles any more as we have many problems with them not being consistant and then over- Fuelling the Engines , bosio dont want to know after they take your money !! . Sorry .

Regards Jeremy

Jeremy Lear

Lear Automotive
Unit 24b , Earl Road
Rackheath Industrial Estate
Norwich , Norfolk
NR13 6NT
United Kingdom

m - 07825 393568

fjtwelve

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Audi 2.5TDi A6 Avant 180hp modified 2004 A4 Avant 1.9TDi quattro Sport 130hp + Superchip, 1997 Audi A4 TDI SE 90hp now sold
Hmm wonder if this is the source of my idle speed shudder/smoke?

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Does anyone know where to get said bosio nozzles in the uk ? I am after 3 sets, just had email from Jeremy Lear and they dont stock them anymore ?! This is the email he sent me...

Hi Chris
Im sorry we dont do these nozzles any more as we have many problems with them not being consistant and then over- Fuelling the Engines , bosio dont want to know after they take your money !! . Sorry .

Regards Jeremy

Jeremy Lear

Lear Automotive
Unit 24b , Earl Road
Rackheath Industrial Estate
Norwich , Norfolk
NR13 6NT
United Kingdom

m - 07825 393568

Its bad when even a uk company speaks like that about bosio and the guy only started selling them to help out a few guys with this form of motor too.........i guess it won't be the first or the last time they make a faulty nozzle!!

Last edited:

vis-tuning

TDI
Beetle 2.0TDi
we bought our race nozzles from Darwen Diesels that are in Blackburn, Lancs. They are Fratelli Bosio dealers
Not sure of their number but I'm sure you can google them.
Weird, but the contact was called Jeremy to!!

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
LOl pete you really need to get a handle on what parts you are putting in your car.......your starting the sound like Lloyd Allard!!:rolleyes:

TDIfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
Multivan AHY, Golf CFFB DSG, A6Q 4F 2.7 TDI CANC, 7 meter boat with ALH.
Those R683s are just too big IMO.
As you cannot change the pump voltage to injection quantity correlation in VP44 pump there's no way to get correct IQ value at idle. The value will go too low with R683 and bad idle is the result. I don't know if the pump ECU or engine ECU can adapt the value or not.

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi quattro
hmm i have tried them on a car as well...iq@ idle don't wanna go under 4.2 mg and there was a bad idle for a few minutes after that it was ok.Advancing the timing would help also if you still get a bad idle.

TDIfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
So it might be that there's some adaptation happening which smooths idle down.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Darwen Diesels wont sell the Bosio's either last time i called, The last time i rang was to return the ****ty Firad nozzles they supplied.

im570rm

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi a6 avant 2.5 tdi quattro
So it might be that there's some adaptation happening which smooths idle down.
it's possible...i have advanced the timing a bit cuz the car had many km on board and the pump didn't made the requested timing.

Fez

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Golf TDI 1.9 GL
Hi TDIfreak, couple of months back you said to me "Only if you have 98 AFB engine there is injectors suitable for R683."

How about a 2000 AFB Engine, its the same right?

TDIfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't know, thought that 2000 should be AKN already?
When you take the injector off and apart you will see if the stock nozzle is P683 or something else. :)

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Tdifreak, can you give-us a price on 3 sets of race 683 nozzles ? I want 2 sets and fez here is after 1 set as well ! He's keen to break 300Bhp...

Pieman

TDI
Audi A4 B8 & Audi A6 C6
Tdifreak, can you give-us a price on 3 sets of race 683 nozzles ? I want 2 sets and fez here is after 1 set as well ! He's keen to break 300Bhp...

I to am interested. Not looking to hit 300bhp but 220-230bhp would be nice. Maybe a group buy??

Does anybody know of another nozzel that this injector will work with??

Mikkijayne

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi S8
If you have the 180HP AKE chances are it has the P1025 nozzles like mine does, so the 683s don't work (so I've been told).

There are top secret Iveco nozzles that apparently work but no one will tell you any details about them :(

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
If you have the 180HP AKE chances are it has the P1025 nozzles like mine does, so the 683s don't work (so I've been told).

There are top secret Iveco nozzles that apparently work but no one will tell you any details about them :(
I have a allroad and a6 tdi quattro both with AKE engines, i also have a a4 and another a6 with AFB engines + 2 good sets of AFB injectors wich should work fine with the race 683 nozzles from Bosio ! As far as i knoww its the body thats different allthough visually i could not tell the AFB and AKE injectors apart, only the bosch part numbers were different ! The Iveco nozzles are from the 2.8 Tdi wich is not a common rail engine afaik.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
I think Iveco nozzles are also used in Cummins 5.9l ISB engine (225hp).
DSLA143P970 / 0433 175 271 / 8x0,16x143° (those are atleast from Cummins)
DSLA143P1058 / 0433 175 309 / 8x0,16x143° (other code I found)

fjtwelve

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Audi 2.5TDi A6 Avant 180hp modified 2004 A4 Avant 1.9TDi quattro Sport 130hp + Superchip, 1997 Audi A4 TDI SE 90hp now sold
I to am interested. Not looking to hit 300bhp but 220-230bhp would be nice. Maybe a group buy??

Does anybody know of another nozzel that this injector will work with??
I have a set of PP683s that i put back in the box because they wouldnt flow enough for the hybrid turbo.

Mikkijayne

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi S8
Thank you Adamss24 and Diffas!!!!! Thats the first time anyone on here has divulged that information :)

Diffas - the Cummins ISB nozzles have a similar spray angle, but they are not physically compatible according to what I could discover. They are also specified very differently to VAG ones, in terms of HP increase over stock, rather than size.

I have a allroad and a6 tdi quattro both with AKE engines, i also have a a4 and another a6 with AFB engines + 2 good sets of AFB injectors wich should work fine with the race 683 nozzles from Bosio ! As far as i knoww its the body thats different allthough visually i could not tell the AFB and AKE injectors apart, only the bosch part numbers were different !
Apparently there are two variants. Some are DSLA142P683, which the Bosio nozzles work with, and others (possibly later - mine is a 2002) which have DSLA142P1025. I think it was TDIFreak who told me that the 683s won't work (properly) on injectors that came with the 1025s, which would make sense given the different nozzle. I would guess there is a difference in the calibration of the pump to accommodate the different nozzles too.

I believe the number after the P doesn't really mean much, so is it safe to assume the Iveco DSLA143P1058 is any bigger than the 1025s?

Mikkijayne

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi S8
Use only the nozzle tips from cummins injectors. ;)
Yes I know that! :p

Its the peg on the end of the pin that I'm concerned about:

Mine don't have that. They aren't flat like the I4 nozzles, but they don't protrude as much as the Cummins ones do.

Pieman

TDI
Audi A4 B8 & Audi A6 C6
As above, thanks Adamss24 and Diffas.

I have an AKE engine the same as you Mikkijayne. So nozzels from a Cummins is the way forward then!!

Diffas can you give us a bit more info pretty please. I see you say a 5.9L ISB (225hp) engine but do you know anymore info??

Mikkijayne

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi S8
The Cummins 24V ISB was fitted to the 98-02 Dodge Ram. There are loads of suppliers of nozzles in the US and none at all in the UK. They seem to vary from suspiciously cheap to predictably expensive, but the problem is they all list them by power increase over stock, so its rather difficult to work out what they would do on an AKE, since the ISB is pretty much a truck engine by our standards. None of the suppliers seem to have a clue about the technical details like number and size of holes.

I am mostly concerned that they look different on the mounting face to the AKE nozzles, but they are available cheap enough to give it a go if you want to.

Last edited:

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
Notice that 98-02 was with vp44 and that P970 are from newer 5.9l c'mon rail engine. :)

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Why not test with stock nozzles and not the upgrades. My guess is you wont be needing anything larger. You need to start thinking of torque and not hp. How much torque does the Cummins have stock?

Mikkijayne

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi S8
460 lb/ft or 620Nm :eek:

Thats why I don't think we can compare a 5.9L to a 2.5L...

Or can we say that because the nozzles can flow enough to make that in a 5.9 then they can do the same in a 2.5 even though they are very different engines :confused:

Last edited: