Wanted - 2002/2003 MANUAL TDI - any color

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to own a 2002 Jetta TDI - Black/Black
WTB - 2000 to 2003 Jetta MANUAL TDI - any color

To anyone selling a 2000 to 2003 TDI - looking to buy one to replace mine which was destroyed by accident. Looking for one that has been properly oil changed and has a recent TB as WELL as the clutch. Be prepared to offer proof from a dealer and/or known expert on this site that the proper oil changes were done. For example, if I were to have sold my car (you don't want it now, trust me!!!) - you would see that the oil was changed at approx every 5k, all service intervals were followed, and that the TB was last changed at 180,000 and that the clutch was replaced at 182,000. Yeah it sucks that it crashed at 186,000+. I would have offered the proof in the form of original dealer receipts that showed the care was well loved and well taken care of.

Would love to find one with the luxury package and cold weather package. I Do NOT want leather seats unless you are really great with the price (yeah, I'm fussy). Contrary to popular belief, the luxury package did NOT include leather seats (would someone PLEASE let my insurance company know that). The luxury package included the power sunroof. If you have the monsoon sound system, even better.

I don't care what color it is, any interior/exterior color is fine.

I've seen a few on autotrader.com and cars.com, but many of them do not have the information I need ( either TB or clutch ) or are automatics.

Willing to pay for what it's worth - but don't waste my time as I know what they are generally worth.

Willing to travel 500 miles - I don't have the money to fly any farther.

Respond back to me in person, not to this post. My sig has what my car had on it, looking for that clone.

Last edited:

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
brucetmoose said:
Be prepared to offer proof from a dealer and/or known expert on this site that the proper oil changes were done. For example, if I were to have sold my car (you don't want it now, trust me!!!) - you would see that the oil was changed at approx every 5k, all service intervals were followed, ...
I was going to say the same thing as Andy. If the oil was changed every 5k, then 'all the service intervals weren't followed.'

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=2340534&postcount=27

I also like the tone of your post. It's almost like we have to apply for the privilege of having you buy our car. ;)

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Hey,what do you want???? Look around for trusted mechanics in WNY-do you see any???? If you do,let me know! Bruce basically has taken his car to the same dealer I believe since new-had a couple hiccups along the way,but it did have 186,000 on it-I wonder how long it WOULD have gone.... good luck in your search,Bruce. What kind of price range-do you have a max at this point???? I'll keep my eyes open.

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry !!!

To anyone who thought I was being a jerk and/or lazy ass;

I'm sorry if anyone feels I was being a jerk - I've learned a lot in a week about buying used cars from other states. The comments were made for several reasons:

1 - I have very limited resources for anything that goes wrong after I buy it
2 - Some states do not allow dealers to give out any info ( PA being one of them ) unless you already own the car ( catch-22 )
3 - I did PM several sellers in addition to my note
4 - The specs I got said 5k for 505.00 oil - sorry if it wasn't correct

Things have changed a lot since 2002 - better oils and better fuels with a lot less sulfur.

What really made me sad was that I just invested 6k in TB, clutch, tires, and some other stuff that made the car run almost brand new. It FINALLY was running as well as it was before the 2004 accident - and then it got destroyed.

Thank you Bob for standing up for me.

swissmix

TDI
2006 Jetta tdi DSG,2004 jetta pd
brucetmoose

hi Bullmoose/if you are still looking my 03jetta tdi gls with all yr requiremnts +leather all maint done incl TB glow plug harness intake manifold plus water pump/ mi 102k price is 10700. tel 516 2984646

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Thank you all for your interest - but I ended up buying ...

a new Hyundai Elantra

Before you all jump on me and kill me, it was the only thing I could afford and the dealership went 500,000 miles for me to get me the financing. If the VW dealership had tried that hard, I may very well have gotten a new TDI.

The other thing that helped was a wonderful friend who took me to the dealership and stood up for me and convinced them I was good for it.

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
wow.

didn't see that coming.