WANTED - 2 door 99/00 ALH Golf 5sp North America

gdnguyen

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
edit: Anyone looking to sell their 2 door 1999/2000 ALH? I’m in the market.

Looking for both modified/unmodified

I’m not always on these forums so please text me directly at 626-385-7225

UPDATE 3/27/2023 : I am still interested!

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I've owned two of these. One is now totaled, other rusted away and scrapped. I now have a '99.5 4 door in great condition. A real pleasure to drive.

gdnguyen

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
I've owned two of these. One is now totaled, other rusted away and scrapped. I now have a '99.5 4 door in great condition. A real pleasure to drive.
I’ve had a great experience with my 2000 Golf TDI ALH, but not as great of an experience with my 2004 Jetta TDI BEW. The 99-00 Golf 2 doors are getting nice and rare. I don’t expect to find what I want for at least 3 months.

Prairie Chicken

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta, 04 Jetta
I’ll be putting one on the market soon. It’s a black 01, manual with fat fives.

Location is Lake County, IL. More to follow.

gdnguyen

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
I’ll be putting one on the market soon. It’s a black 01, manual with fat fives.

Location is Lake County, IL. More to follow.
I may be interested. Please send me some pics! 949-345-1779

Mileage
Maintenance work done
Maintenance work due
Minor issues/annoyances (They all have this. I just wanna make sure it's livable/fixable)

miningman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
Not wanting to completely hijack this thread but how come these two door units are way more popular than the four door models???

AGTDI

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon
IMHO

Looks, weight, and simplicity.
Also ingress/egress is "better" with the longer doors

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Not wanting to completely hijack this thread but how come these two door units are way more popular than the four door models???
I don't think they are. There are far fewer 2-doors around, so the people who want them have to look harder. I've owned both 2 and 4 door '99.5 Golfs (same color, even) and although the 2-door is nice the 4-door is much more practical, even if you don't frequently have passengers.

gdnguyen

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
Here’s one in case anyone is looking for the 2-dr. I’m looking for something cleaner…

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I have my '99 I will sell to the right person.

German-built, Jazz Blue, optionless TDI.

Has a newer transmission and entire gear linkage all the way to the shifter knob from a BEW car.

11mm DFIS rebuilt pump.

16" NB steelies wrapped in Michelins.

Billy HDs front and rear with media-blasted and resprayed GTI springs.

DG aluminum skidplate.

Valeo one-piece flywheel/clutch.

250k miles (I drive it, so it climbs).

I've had it for 50k miles.

Glass Ecode headlamps.

Straight, not ever crashed, clearcoat is bad, and it has some dings and scratches. Driver seat left bolster bad. SRS lamp on for left side crash sensor. Aftermarket radio (works OK, sounds OK). Headliner sagging, rear wiper doesn't work (I have a new hatch harness), I'd love to see it properly restored, not just "driven". But it does run and drive fantastic.

Very reliable, drive it anywhere, $3500.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yes, it is in the hands of the new owner, I think it found a good home. I was not as much about making money as much as wanting someone to continue with the project I had started.

90HorseBeetle

TDI
2002 Golf GL 5sp 2 door "Unicorn" 1999 Beetle TDi RIP 2013 Passat TDi SEL SOLD 2009 Jetta TDi M6 SOLD 2000 Beetle TDi SOLD
I have an 02 2 door GL 5 sp with only 185k miles, and do not need to drive as much any more, so am considering putting it up for adoption. I have had it for 3 1/2 years and I did a TB because of time and not miles, new struts and bushings, new stock cam (premature wear), 11mm Polish injection pump (planned to mod) and peeling clear coat over factory blue. I get 46-49 mpg and it drives great but AC just quit and my local guru Tom Earl said either AC clutch broke (less$) or sheared (more $). I will text, and I will start a thread and post pics when I get around to it.