Want to vist some one in CT for me?

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
So I took on a snapped timing belt job for a 225hp Audi TT for a friend who is broke as a joke, Car has 91k when it broke (and i thought TDI's where bad)

But Pulling the head i noticed there totally different from the tdi, the valve are ressessed into the head, and it appeared that only 4 valves where bent with little to no damage to the head. So i started searching form some one cheap to pull the valves and put new ones in. I posted a few places but in the end found some one on Egay who advertised they could do it. So contacted them paid 350 and shipped the head out.

2 days later I get a different head back but looked like the valves where good didnt care mounted it up, put new Head gaskit, new head bolts torqued to spec, new Timing belt. triple check timing marks and crank it over. Bending all 4 valves again :/

When he rebuilt the head he didnt line up the timing marks (1.8t are Dual over head came unlike are 1.9t that is single we dont have more then one timing mark (the slit in end)

So I called him, he apologized said to send it back and he would fix it, so i did. he said i bent more then 4 this time and as i feel bad for not checking the work before I installed I sent him an additional 175 to rebuild it again.

its now been 2 months he still has the head, and he is demanding another 275 which i refuse to pay so he said I would have to come pick up the head (even though I sent him a shipping label to send it back) he said if i show up I can have it back.

So can some one go pick it up from this losers house? I will Pm his address and I will send you a shipping label to send it back. and give you a few bucks for your time.(or if you want to drive it up could do it in exchange for work on your car)

This hole thing sucks But i at least need the head back to try and rebuild it.

Thanks Mike Friedel.
(PS Im in buffalo a ~7 hour drive)
He lives (Winterbrook Rd., Wolcott, CT)

Last edited:

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
I'll buy the TT off you for short money!:D:eek: Just kidding. I have rebuildable 1.8T heads if you need one. I also have a couple already done. The problem is whether or not the cams are different for your 225 car. Although you did get a different head the second time. This place is in Ct? Which one is it?

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
its just some guy/kid working out of his house. :/
I work out of my house so i didnt think much of it. but lesson learned.

His address is at the bottom of my first post

and dieseljunky you have a PM

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
The TT225 heads are different that the 180 heads, get your original head back. Different cams, and combi valve drilled ports you don't need. Damn, I hate to hear these stories.

If you can pull the head, you can figure out how to rebuild it and buy some handy tools from zdmak.com and bentley manual.

Jeff

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
If the first poster falls through, I live in Wolcott CT and am more than happy to go get whatever you need from him.

Just let me know :).

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
Nice...

I LOVE TDI club :)

I contacted DieselJunky, and he gave me his number we talked he said he would go pick it up. I called the Kid with my head told him I had someone in the area to pick up the head, he didnt believe me and asked for his number. so I gave it.

After he had talked to DIesel junky and realized I had someone in the area who would come get it, he claimed he would take care of it and ship it out.

P7100 Your offer is VERY tempting :p I could only imagine if some one showed up in uniform with a badge and asked about the head... bet he would poop himself :p (PS what do you carry for?) I have my app in and test taken for the boarder agent, but im looking to stay in the Area so im not sure when an opening will come along. (I could already had a job if i wanted to be in AZ)

Last edited:

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Nice...

...I have my app in and test taken for the boarder agent, but im looking to stay in the Area...
you might have better luck if you spelled the job title correctly...or maybe we are talking about something different... :D sorry, couldn't resist...

bmike

Thread Killer
TDI
1998 Jetta - sold, 2010 A3 - sold
If he doesn't ship it out let us know, I bet having 5 people show up at his door might change his mind. Mike

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
Sooo Looks like im heading there any ways, I hadf been complaining to one of the small used car dealers I do side work for up this way, when he called to talk to me about doing some repairs on a recently acquired ALH TDI.
Come to find out the car is in CT,Sooo instead of paying to ship it like he normally does he said we can just take his little 08 Duramax quad cab 4x4 down and bring it back.

So any one want to meet up for lunch/dinner Saturday? Ill bring Vag-com and can do any quick changes and or give you an idea of timing and such.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Yeah-they have a shindig called "Ho5G GTG" 2-3 times a year in NH:cool:.....sort of like a mini TDI Fest,if you will......look for it in the Eastern section!

P7100

TDI
02 Jetta
Its amazing how many people are in that area, do you guys ever have meets?
I just bought my jetta as a spare car, so I'm new to this. I've met a few guys in CT such as Rollincoal97, sardo_67 and his brother, and Rocketeer928.
Rollincoal, you will know me from the shop in Derby. About 10 of us rent a shop in Derby CT to wrench on diesels. We also have our own web forum http://www.newenglandturbodieselpower.com

Last edited:

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
So some one pick a place to have a late lunch or early dinner, we leave here at 5am should put us there between 1-2pm

We are picking up the car and head so probably be there for a few hours so 4 or 5, somewhere to visit

P7100 any idea what your Cummins dyno'ed at? the duramax where bringing down, should be in the high 400WHP 800WTQ but a 11.4 is VERY impressive for such a heavy truck.

dieseljunkie

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat TDI wagon
I'm gonna be out of town otherwise I would. If you guys are gonna meet up, a good place would be at the guys house in case he gives you any trouble with the head.

rollincoal97

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 red 5spd
I just bought my jetta as a spare car, so I'm new to this. I've met a few guys in CT such as Rollincoal97, sardo_67 and his brother, and Rocketeer928.
Rollincoal, you will know me from the shop in Derby. About 10 of us rent a shop in Derby CT to wrench on diesels. We also have our own web forum http://www.newenglandturbodieselpower.com
Hey there Tim how are ya.. how's car goin?

rollincoal97

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 red 5spd
So some one pick a place to have a late lunch or early dinner, we leave here at 5am should put us there between 1-2pm

We are picking up the car and head so probably be there for a few hours so 4 or 5, somewhere to visit

P7100 any idea what your Cummins dyno'ed at? the duramax where bringing down, should be in the high 400WHP 800WTQ but a 11.4 is VERY impressive for such a heavy truck.
My buddy has a dmax close to the 500whp mark ran 13.8

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
so finally leaving now, got to spend the day at the wolcott police, apparently Joe Bova is known by name there...

But I got the head back, needs to be rebuilt still but atleast I have the head.

oh and we bought a 00 Jetta TDI for silly cheap

P7100

TDI
02 Jetta
so finally leaving now, got to spend the day at the wolcott police, apparently Joe Bova is known by name there...

But I got the head back, needs to be rebuilt still but atleast I have the head.

oh and we bought a 00 Jetta TDI for silly cheap
Glad you got the head back at least. The one you bought, is it black?