Want to $ave 3% on Your Automotive Fuel Bills?

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
Amoco is currently offering a 3% customer rebate when you purchase diesel, gasoline, or any other product that your local Amoco Convenience Store might sell.

What's the catch: You say?

You must sign up for a Amoco VISA or Gas Card and use it at Amoco sponsored facilities in order to qualify for the 3% rebate.

Even if you use the same VISA or Gas Card at other fueling facilities (besides Amoco), they are generous enough to give you a "2% rebate" on the "fuel" you purchase.

To sign-up over the telephone, call (800) 462-6626 or request a credit application by writing to:. Amoco Credit Department, Associates National Bank (Delaware),P.O. Box 15165, Wilmington, DE 19885-5710

[This message has been edited by Turbo Steve (edited February 03, 2000).]

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
SkyPup:

That's great advice, in fact the same advice I deliver in financial seminars and family counseling sessions!

[This message has been edited by Turbo Steve (edited February 03, 2000).]

ANTARTI

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta Silver/Grey
Don't tell me I'm the only one here with a Shell card?

Shell gives a 5% rebate on gasoline and diesel purchases with their card. You also get 1% rebate on all other purchases with it good towards Shell fuel.

If I could find an Amoco serving Premium or Premier diesel in my area I'd switch in a heart-beat though, with or without discounts.

------------------

ANTARTI
99.5 Jetta TDI GL Silver/Beige

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
ANTARTI:

Thanks for including the "other alternative" way to save some money using a Shell Gas Card.

I wonder what other suppliers also offer rebates for buying their fuel?

BTW: How's Shell's diesel #2 treating your TDI?

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Is the annual fee amortized into that 3%savings? I "saved" 25% on my last fill up. Well, actually, I spent 25% less than I would have otherwise. Only $1.51 per gallon instead of $2.20 per. :-( I could get rich doing that all the time!

M

mickey

Not a bad deal as long as you remember to pay it off before interest accrues. Check out their "grace period" and make sure you'll be able to get the money to them before they charge interest. And make sure they're not just adding 3% to their prices!

-mickey

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
American Express - don't leave home without it. You have to pay off the balance monthly -no interest. Anything else will ultimately end up picking your pocket.

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
Let me get this right Steve,

So far you've claimed to be a mechanic with your own garage, a speaker at financial seminars, and a professional family counselor. I'd say its more likely you're some counselor's patient.

Beat a pillow with my name on it if you like. It might help!