Wanna see a Civic TDI? (Madison, WI. Saturday Sep. 8)

ericbecky

Hello there!

If any TDIers in the Madison area are interested in checking out a Honda Civic TDI, stop by our Madison Hybrid Group meeting tomorrow, Saturday morning, September 8th. (10-noon)

That's right. A Civic Turbo Diesel. They aren't available in the US, but there are some display vehicles making the rounds.

We meet at the Culver's on the Beltline near Todd Drive and American TV. (Address: 2102 W. Beltline Hwy Madison, WI 53713)

While our group is about hybrids, the reality is we are very interested in all types of vehicles and techniques for getting better mpg.

--
Eric

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I'll stop by after noon or earlier if my class gets out early, if you guys are there great, if not no big deal.

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
D'OH! Just saw the post. Anybody have any comments after seeing it in person? Too bad, I would have cruised up for a look.

schwechel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Galactic Blue
I just saw this now too. Couldn't have made it, but am interested as to how it looked and what kind of numbers it generated. Jason, if you made it can you tell us your opinion?

ericbecky

Although I didn't see any TDI guys there, we had fun checking out the Civic Diesel.

There is a long thread about it, including some pics at www.CleanMPG.com in this thread.

The pics are on posts 1, 11, and 24.

It is a beauty and excellent in the power and highway gas mileage categories. City mpg is o.k.

Hopefully Honda and other Mfgs will send some of the next-generation diesels to Hybridfest 2008.

Last edited: