VW's new IOS-centric repair guidance system (MARTA)

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
I can see it now:

"You must stand this way."

"But I'm left handed and it works better for me if I do it from here."

"The computer says you MUST do it ziss vay!" (Instructor turns bright red.) "Do eet ziss vay or you veel be fired!"

"I always wanted a good excuse to open my own shop. Thanks! Oh, and <bleep><bleep> to you, too!"

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
If the tech is stupid enough that they need to be told where to stand to start a job, I would wager that the bigger problem isn't the software . . .

- Tim

Terrific-In-Tahoma

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 ALH Jetta M5 / 05 BEW Jetta Wagon A4
Moving towards a custom build.

Looks impressive. Sure, there will be a few glitches and gotchyas along the way, but as models become more individualized, then the repair process needs to keep in step.

In Canada, however, with 6 TDI models to choose from, I doubt that it will make that much of an impact.

Perhaps its a way to train all VW owners to do self-serve maintenance. What a concept. Then you will not need a dealer network at all (except for warranty repairs). Think of the possibilities.:eek:

You go to your favourite big box auto mall, Fill out a brief questionnaire about colors, interior options, put in your Universal Debit Card, and out opens a door with your "New to You" automobile.......