VWOA Does care about customers

Chasone

Veteran Member
TDI
2001, Golf, Red
Factory Rep called me today and said he would like to give me a CD player for my car for FREE! because I gave up the turbo that was order for my car to get a forum member home from TDI fest quicker.

It also turned out that my fear of having engine damage after two turbos going out were correct. Dealer started examining the engine and found two bent connecting rods. The ordered a new engine and should have it and new turbo finished by friday.

EVL DZL

I too am hoping to have some good news about VofA.

I called them in regards to the sunroof frame and the wheel bearings on my 2k Jetta TDI with 36,600 miles on it. The call was placed on Monday and they said I should hear a response (either way) on Thursday.

The only reason I called was due to my service advisor's advice - She showed me the write-up of this guy that had his 99 Passat with 49,000 miles in for service because of the sunroof not working. It turned out to be the sunroof frame. After was all said and done, he called VW and presto - VofA paid for 75% of the parts and labor to do the job.

Based on that information, I'm hoping to get mine 100% coverage, because the slimey extended warranty company won't cover it.

I'll let all know when they call.

EVL DZL

Well, maybe VofA isn't that bad after all...

I just got the call from my service advisor and VofA has agreed to pay for all cost of parts and labor 100% for both the replacement of the front wheel bearings and the replacement of the sunroof cartridge!!

I can't tell you how Huge this is!! I really didn't want to have to foot the bill for this and am so glad they decided to step up to the plate.

I guess one of the determining factors in this whole ordeal is the fact that I took the car in for the regular maintenance schedule (5K, 10K, 20K, 30K) Other than the fact that the dealer makes money off of it, my service advisor mentioned that it is one aspect that VofA looks very closely at in the big picture.

I guess I can say hat's off to VofA from this guy!!

Chasone

Veteran Member
TDI
2001, Golf, Red
BTW I have never seen any of these extended warranty companies pay for anything.

Employee had a Chev diesel truck blown engine, warranty co. says it was "caused by a non covered part".

EVL DZL

SteveS, consider yourself lucky on that one.

The one I have if FirstGuard, by Warrantech. They are SLIMEY!! The wording on their contract is so vague, it's amazing I got them to pay for the driver's door lock actuator.

The real slimey one is the guy that came out to inspect the vehicle (from an independent inspection company.) This is what the guy listed on the inspection report:

!!!!!Mods!!!!

215/45zr17 tires, revers off set wheels, aftermarket crossdrilled rotors, aftermarket shifter handle, Sunroof has an aftermarket air dam; roof is hitting the aftermarket plactic piece's mounting brackets. Aftermarket guages installed. Borla muffler installed, vehicle is not equipped with catalytic converters from the factory. The factory temperature guage has been disconnected; customer has installed an aftermarket sending unit in the bypass hose. Customer has also installed an aftermarket oil pressure guage, cannot determine if the factory guage has been bypassed or not."

A couple of things to note:

The sunroof wind deflector is a VW part....it was installed by a VW dealer before I bought the car.

Last time I checked, a "cat-back" exhaust system means it is installed after the catalytic converter.

I could go on, but it's obvious the inspector was trained to pay attention to things that have no relevance to the problems at hand; When it comes to those, you make up any excuse you can not to cover them, whether the claims are factual or fictional.

Arizona Mike

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 1997, White
I'd bet money the aftermarket shifter handle is the cause of most of your problems. Better get it changed out before the turbo lets go.

SteveS

Veteran Member
TDI
00 NB automatic TDI
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chasone:
BTW I have never seen any of these extended warranty companies pay for anything.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just got a new MAF replaced at over 77,000 miles paid for by First Extended Service Corp. This was a surprise to me, but since it was free...

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
VWofA Just repaired at no coast to me the window switches in my '00 NB that is 10,000 miles beond warranty. All it takes is just asking politely and telling them how much I like my dealership. I really do. I stood around an extra 15 minutes BS with service mgr, part's mgr and head mechanic. Love the place. Machanic ask if I needed another run through on how to change fuel filter. I declined, saying there is not that many moving parts. He parts man almost choke on his coffee. All in all good experience, next time will take sweet rolls from local bakery.

Jim Williston

Veteran Member
TDI
silver 00 NB
VWOA 24 Hour Roadside Assistance has come thru!!

Submitted my itemized accounting for the blown turbo on 10/2, and got my check on 10/16. I call that service!
If you recall, I blew a turbo on a 00 NB with 17,150 miles on it the day after Fest 2001. We were towed in some 90 miles on a flatbed, put up in a local nice motel, given a rental car, and "relaxed" for three days while Cutrubus Motors fixed our ride. Runs better than new, and VWOA made sure it didn't cost us a penny. Are we happy? You bet!!!!
Can you match that GM, Ford, Mopar? I doubt it. (Don't tell me their cars don't break down either....I've owned them all!).
Jim and Merna