VWGoA – Online Claims

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Certainly sounds plausible. The full restitution ranges from $5100 to just under $10k, and the Eligible Seller restitution is half of that, so the range would be $2550-5k.

TNriverjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6MT
Recently I've started getting intermittent CEL's for 2 issues related to emissions.
1. Particulate trap bank 1, efficiency below threshold, sporadic
2. EGR system, insufficient flow, value of resistance too small
3. NOx catalyst/trap bank 1, efficiency below threshold

For the first time this week, I had a 3-code CEL. Frequently it is one or the other of the first two. This time all three on one start up. Now the very item (NOx emissions) causing this scandal is showing up as a CEL. VW, I've got a real study case for you to tear down and inspect. How about starting the buy back with my car. I can be a poster child when you put me in a 2017 Golf Sportrack...

Other than that, the car performed well on my trip. I did about 1,250 miles this week. My mileage has dropped some since the first two codes started showing up... I suppose to help me in preparation for transitioning to my next vehicle :cool:

jhinsc

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Does anyone know what the per-mile rate is if you go over the mileage limit allowed between now and buyback date? If may have been posted but can't find it.

Trying to decide to pull the trigger on something now and letting my TDI sit until buyback, or wait and drive it until buyback. I drive way more than the 12,500 annual/1,042 monthly mile limit. I would be about 625 - 700 miles over each month, assuming buyback occurs in 3 months, I would potentially have over 2,000 miles more than allowed. If it's 15 cents per mile - that's ok, but if it's 50 cent per mile, then it makes sense to do something now. Also, my A/C is starting to act up. I think it's the auto temp sensor not working properly because if I turn the "auto" switch on and off a couple times, the A/C finally kicks on. I have a service appointment next week, but other than fuel and regular maintenance, I'm not sinking another nickel into this car.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
Does anyone know what the per-mile rate is if you go over the mileage limit allowed between now and buyback date?
There isn't one exactly. There's a table of mileage adjustments (here's one; there are two others for different models) that goes in 5000-mile increments. For the Golf, which is what that table is for, the adjustment for a buyback ranges from $90/5k miles (for a very high-mileage 2010 car) to $500/5k miles (for a low-mileage 2015 car).

grawk

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 JSW TDI (used)
the table is for miles over the base+ 1042 miles a month limit, so you just pay for the 600-700 miles each month. I drive 4k miles a month, and anticipate a $350/month impact.

Dcwhybrew

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE
Does anyone know what the per-mile rate is if you go over the mileage limit allowed between now and buyback date? If may have been posted but can't find it.

Trying to decide to pull the trigger on something now and letting my TDI sit until buyback, or wait and drive it until buyback. I drive way more than the 12,500 annual/1,042 monthly mile limit. I would be about 625 - 700 miles over each month, assuming buyback occurs in 3 months, I would potentially have over 2,000 miles more than allowed. If it's 15 cents per mile - that's ok, but if it's 50 cent per mile, then it makes sense to do something now. Also, my A/C is starting to act up. I think it's the auto temp sensor not working properly because if I turn the "auto" switch on and off a couple times, the A/C finally kicks on. I have a service appointment next week, but other than fuel and regular maintenance, I'm not sinking another nickel into this car.
If you look at the mileage table, the buy back rate changes $360 or $390 (I can't remember which) per 5,000 mile interval.

jhinsc

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Thanks - that explains why they gave me an expected range of mileage at buybeack; 50,001 to 55,000 miles. I'm currently at 49,600, so my buyback amount shouldn't change from what was quoted.

oldhifi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI Lux
According to the website I will get about $8700 and buy back. Will I get $8700 + $5000 or is this it??

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
That is it. The rest goes to your lender to payoff the loan

Let's explain this better -

When you put in your information in , you should have noticed that it also asked for your lienholder, as well as an estimated balance on a certain date. After you clicked on submit, it went through and calculated the "raw" offer (this is the offer you would get if you did not have a loan ) and estimated your balance. It then subtracted the estimated balance due on the loan from your "raw" offer. This is the amount you saw presented to you.

The raw offer also included whatever owner's restitution you are due as well (your Minimum $5100).

You should have also have seen a value if you accept the fix. Yes - it will probably be less, but you still have a car.....

Last edited:

oldhifi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI Lux
That is it. The rest goes to your lender to payoff the loan

Let's explain this better -

When you put in your information in , you should have noticed that it also asked for your lienholder, as well as an estimated balance on a certain date. After you clicked on submit, it went through and calculated the "raw" offer (this is the offer you would get if you did not have a loan ) and estimated your balance. It then subtracted the estimated balance due on the loan from your "raw" offer. This is the amount you saw presented to you.

The raw offer also included whatever owner's restitution you are due as well (your Minimum $5100).

You should have also have seen a value if you accept the fix. Yes - it will probably be less, but you still have a car.....

Thanks, good deal for me, bought a truck for replacement...just like to get it out of my driveway....I am sure I have a couple more payments before it goes..

Bradinwnc

TDI
2011 TDI sportwagen
Well....
I was excited with the amount shown in the book for my 2011 jetta sw, $18,227-20,357.. Not so much now.. The website is showing a total of $13,325.. I just called and they said there was a $4,500 milage adjustment calculated on the website.. it has around a 180,000 miles now.. I would think the range shown in the book would have come a little closer than 5k bucks..
And of course, the AC just went out again today.. I'm sure that POS breakaway clutch has failed again.. What a crap design. ..... Rant over.

tango_28

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JSW(sold 2011) , 2009 JSW RIP 1-5-2013, 2011 JSW
My 2011 JSW is running really well and everything great works on it. After looking at new cars today, I'm thinking of keeping it and take the 5K and modify it.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Well....
I was excited with the amount shown in the book for my 2011 jetta sw, $18,227-20,357.. Not so much now.. The website is showing a total of $13,325.. I just called and they said there was a $4,500 milage adjustment calculated on the website.. it has around a 180,000 miles now.. I would think the range shown in the book would have come a little closer than 5k bucks..
And of course, the AC just went out again today.. I'm sure that POS breakaway clutch has failed again.. What a crap design. ..... Rant over.
Wow, you drove it 180,000 miles, things are failing left and right, and you are getting $13,325 ?? I would be ecstatic.

edge130

Veteran Member
TDI
Wife's 2009 Jetta TDI sedan (2009 - 2017)
Problem with VW Portal numbers

I keep trying a few different scenerios of when turning vehicle in and everytime
I can not get the portal to match the court document attachments or either the
September NADA book.
The portal always comes up short.
My issue is that the portal shows you a buyback amount thst is supposed to include the clean trade in value as of Sept 2015 plus the mileage adjustment and options adjustment.
For me it should be straight forward
$7950 2009 vw jetta sedan tdi with A/T
$2610 mileage adj
5100 restitution
Portal not only shows less, but f i subtract 7950 from the vehicle value, the remaining number is different from any number listed in the mileage attachments. So either the portal is incorrect on the clean trade in or incorrect in the mileage adjustment.
Thst's my complaint, you cant tell with how the portsl is structured.
It would be much cleaner if the portal separately itemized the clean trade in value, mileage adjustment, options adjudtment, restituition amount to give you a grand total.
I just wish the numbers would match up, but they don't

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Edge130: How far off are the website numbers? Does the assumed mileage spread at turn in match with your plans. That could cause a $300-500 difference.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60

edge130

Veteran Member
TDI
Wife's 2009 Jetta TDI sedan (2009 - 2017)
I was mistaken

I couldn't get the NADA method to match the Portal because I was taking the NADA Clean Trade in of 7950 and using the mileage adjustment number from the VW attachment. ($2610)
I should have used the mileage adjustment number from the NADA guide, $2175.

$2175 + 20% = $2610

The VW attachment mileage number already has the 20% restitution factor included, whereas the NADA , obviously now, does not.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
'I love it when a plan comes together', Hannibal Smith, the A Team.

Castle88

TDI
Jetta, 14' S TDI, 17' S TSI
Has anyone uploaded the support documents (e.g., copies of vehicle registration, title, etc) to the Online portal?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
No, the online portal has yet to ask for them or provide a way to upload them. I'm interpreting it as saying it will ask for that information prior to the 18 Oct hearing, but it isn't clear about that. It's entirely possible that they won't ask for anything else, or do anything to process any claims, until the settlement has been finalized.

Castle88

TDI
No, the online portal has yet to ask for them or provide a way to upload them. I'm interpreting it as saying it will ask for that information prior to the 18 Oct hearing, but it isn't clear about that. It's entirely possible that they won't ask for anything else, or do anything to process any claims, until the settlement has been finalized.
Understood.
I asked because after registering and receiving email with case #, I have not been able to sign on again to the on-line portal - got an "Invalid credentials" message with a "9002" error.
Castle88

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Understood.
I asked because after registering and receiving email with case #, I have not been able to sign on again to the on-line portal - got an "Invalid credentials" message with a "9002" error.
Castle88
The site is working fine. Hit the forgot username or forgot password block to get back in.

Castle88

TDI
The site is working fine. Hit the forgot username or forgot password block to get back in.
I have done the psswd changes with the "forgot psswd" option, but even though site accepts the change, it sends me back to log in and still keep getting rejected. I have also confirmed that site recognized my email address.
I do not see a prompt for "user name" at login, only email address and psswd.

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
Are you using something other than Internet explorer for a browser? If so, try using it to do the registration.

Castle88

TDI
Are you using something other than Internet explorer for a browser? If so, try using it to do the registration.
Aha! Just realized that I have been using Google Chrome browser. Switched to IE and connected successfully.
I am sure I did the registration via the Google Chrome browser, so wonder how I accessed the on-line portal the 1st time.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

tdrag97

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem
Hey guys,

Anyone figure out what is the mileage adjustment if we go over?

and I also just have my check engine light come on also., would this affect my buyback any? Should I get this fix? worth the trouble and extra $$$

est. buyback date is 5-2-17, per document. Which i don't believe, as it always take longer.

I know about about 51,000 miles on it... so I would be over the allotted mileage by 1,706

here is my status.

Date of claim 10/29/2016
Mileage at claim 42,500
Vehicle Return amount $ 20,950.00
Add Restitution Payment $ 7,176.73
Mileage adjustment ?
Est. total to you $ 28,126.73