vwdiesel.net cannot register

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
Mods move if inappropriate.

Recently bought a 1989 NA Jetta Diesel and would like to register for the above site. I know alot of our members are members there as well and may be able to comment.

Thanks

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
up....really? I know there are plenty of people on here that use that site. Where is Vince Waldon when ya need him....Lol

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Heh... I thought I sensed a disturbance in the IDI force... like a million voices crying out.... ;-)

Last time I talked to Marc (several months ago) he was still sorting out how to secure the site from ongoing hacker attacks that were costing the mods hours a day to stay ahead of... and had turned off registration in the meantime.

Requests for an ETA on turning it back on, suggestions to secure it, offers of assistance etc went unanswered...my guess is that registration is off for the foreseeable future.

There's good folk on http://www.vwdieselparts.com/forum/ and of course the "Other VW Group TD(I)s" forum here.

Last edited:

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks Vince. The parts link on that site is dead. I did find alot of goodies on PartsPlace Inc.

Jetmugg

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Same here - that board looks very active, but I can't get registered, and there seems to be no way to contact the site administrator.

SteveM.