VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I have a "friend" who owned a 2012 Passat TDI that he traded away before the scandal broke last year. He punched his VIN into the Goodwill website a year ago, and they sent him the cards. Because he didn't want to potentially screw over the current owner of the car by blocking out their VIN, he was patient and waited a whole year and went just yesterday to see if he could redeem the cards on the afternoon of the very last day before expiration of the cards. Much to his surprise and delight, a VW dealer activated the cards for him without having the car physically present. He scored new tires for his GTI and had a couple hundred bucks left over to buy Christmas presents with the Visa debit card before it expired at midnight. He says, "thanks VW!"

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
I have a "friend" who owned a 2012 Passat TDI that he traded away before the scandal broke last year. He punched his VIN into the Goodwill website a year ago, and they sent him the cards. Because he didn't want to potentially screw over the current owner of the car by blocking out their VIN, he was patient and waited a whole year and went just yesterday to see if he could redeem the cards on the afternoon of the very last day before expiration of the cards. Much to his surprise and delight, a VW dealer activated the cards for him without having the car physically present. He scored new tires for his GTI and had a couple hundred bucks left over to buy Christmas presents with the Visa debit card before it expired at midnight. He says, "thanks VW!"
So you, your 'friend' screwed the system and took a $1000 from VW that wasn't yours to have. You're what's wrong with 'Merica among other things :rolleyes:

mishman

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
late arriving to this forum

Tried to read all the responses and I admit maybe I missed the answer somewhere. I still have my $500 dealer loyalty card and it expires in January. Really don't have a need to purchase anything for my soon to be former TDI (getting a CPO BMW 328d). Here's my question - my son has a snazzy new Golf and he could probably use the credit eventually. I asked him to ask his dealer if he could open an account and cash the card in for eventual use for service etc. Anyone have success doing that (giving to a friend or relative) and extending past the deadline? I see that I can notify them of a lost card and hopefully get it a new card extended to Nov. 17. That's my fallback options I guess. Interested in any thoughts. Many thanks

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
I just used the last $52 on my card, seems a rabbit chewed through the wiring to my oil sensor, bummer!
I had a weed laying up against the bell housing, with ants marching up and down.

Sure enough, clutch won't release.

Little Bastards....

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
I don't envy either of y'all. I had a mouse chew wiring in my car several years ago. Required a new ECU, O2 sensor, and a year or two later in Florida, some patchwork on the wiring harness.

I also had a plant growing inside my Saab and coming out the front grill, but that car refuses to die...

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
I have heard of having ants in one's pants, but never ants in a bell housing. I guess if they get between the pressure plate and the clutch disc, the car's movement will be "antsy"?

ChrisB009

Dealer Card 4 Sale

Dealer card for sale. I now have a Subaru thus I won't be needing this card. Balance is $500. Expires 4/17. Will take $400.

Thanks,

Chris

TravelDave

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Dealer card for sale. I now have a Subaru thus I won't be needing this card. Balance is $500. Expires 4/17. Will take $400.
Thanks,
Chris
Do a search for dealerships that sell both VW and Subaru. I found a few. Betting you can order Subie parts (have them ship) and use your cards.

How do you like your Subarus? I'm looking at an Outback.

ChrisB009

Do a search for dealerships that sell both VW and Subaru. I found a few. Betting you can order Subie parts (have them ship) and use your cards.

How do you like your Subarus? I'm looking at an Outback.
I thought about calling a Subaru/VW dealer however I don't need $500 worth of accessories.
I am enjoying the car thus far. Lots of nice touches. Many people complain about the CVT but I find it a reasonable transmission, definitely not a DSG but it gets the job done. I was looking for an AWD sedan, BMW/Mercedes were beyond 60k (for what I wanted) the other sedans seem to use a Haldex type of AWD. I decided on a Subaru due to their AWD system, price and appearance. Seems they have resolved the head gasket, oil consumption and CVT issues so I pulled the trigger and this was after several weeks worth of research not only on Sabaru but the "others" as well. I started researching a replacement early this year. Subaru had everything I wanted in the limited at a reasonable price point. I did get the 7/100 zero deductible extended just to be on the safe side as short blocks and CVT's are expensive items let alone the cost of labor unless you do the swap yourself.

-Chris

111R

TDI
2010 Golf - Bought Back by VW
I used my dealer card towards the purchase of the OEM VW towing hitch for my Touareg. I've got a boat in my future and will have the option of towing it with the VW instead of my Dodge truck.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I have heard of having ants in one's pants, but never ants in a bell housing. I guess if they get between the pressure plate and the clutch disc, the car's movement will be "antsy"?
Had a coworker several years back that discovered the next morning that he had parked on a fire ant mound. He finally stopped at Walmart and got a can of bug fog and dosed the interior. The worst part was that he only waited about 20 minutes before driving again.

kfosburg

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4 door, Graphite Blue, 6 speed, Sunroof/Nav
Got a little worried reading the last few posts, called to confirm they really were reissuing my card. The nice lady said yup, it is on its way, with a $5 deduction and one year extension. Weird how some here are getting told no...
Has anyone actually gotten an extension card yet??? I asked for a new card on November 25th with an extension and the rep said, sure no problem with the $5 fee. Should be a few weeks to send out... I just called today (Dec 15th) and the rep said, no it won't be issued and sorry but that rep was wrong. I asked for a manager and she said not possible, but one will call you back within 48 hours.

Seriously? ***? If it was $50 I could care less, but $500 I could have purchased a set of winter tires or something.

I will reply when I hear, but I would love to hear if any actually has gotten physical possession of an extended dealer card.

Karl

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
Has anyone actually gotten an extension card yet??? I asked for a new card on November 25th with an extension and the rep said, sure no problem with the $5 fee. Should be a few weeks to send out... I just called today (Dec 15th) and the rep said, no it won't be issued and sorry but that rep was wrong. I asked for a manager and she said not possible, but one will call you back within 48 hours.

Seriously? ***? If it was $50 I could care less, but $500 I could have purchased a set of winter tires or something.

I will reply when I hear, but I would love to hear if any actually has gotten physical possession of an extended dealer card.

Karl
Still haven't gotten ours. My wife tried to call up today but was on hold for a long time and gave up. If they don't give us our card than they are scamming us. I would have bought something with the card. Will definitely not buy new VW if this is the case.

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L

Karl
I haven't gotten mine either. Reported it as "missing" a few days before it expired. They said it could take up to 6 weeks, so we'll see.

A.Bursell

TDI
2012 Golf
I reported my experience some time back. I legitimately lost mine and called and went through the whole deal with 6-week wait but extension of only a month according to the Rep. After a while of not getting a replacement I called back and found that the order never went through. The Rep processed it again and again told me 6-week wait and would have an additional month extension and a manager would call back to ensure it went through (never heard back). After about a week I called again and was told it was in process and should be received in 5-weeks now (1-week down). I received it the next week with a 2017 (1-year later) date.

My take on this is that there is no such thing as an "extension" card and I would not ask for one or count on anything the Reps tell you. They are doing their best I'm sure, but their sole purpose is not for VW dealer cards so they field many calls from different companies. I also gather that they do not actually perform the processes but simply fill out forms and send them on to other departments. Thus adding to the confusion.

Call and report your card missing. Call back a week later to ensure it is being processed. Expect to receive it shortly with an extended date. I can confirm others have had the same experience.

Adam

kfosburg

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4 door, Graphite Blue, 6 speed, Sunroof/Nav

Karl
Shockingly, I actually received a call from a manager this afternoon. She informed me that my new card was being processed and will be 4 to 6 weeks. I asked twice and she confirmed that indeed it was going to happen and apologized for the unfortunate conversation I had yesterday. She noted that the call was being recorded so there is a record of it (at least on their end...).

Promising and we'll find out.

Karl

Jogglebot

TDI
MK6 TDI
My local dealership put my remaining $200 dealer loyalty card balance on their books as a credit. I can use it anytime and it won't expire.

mkl101

TDI
2005 jetta
For anyone worried about there card expiring and not wanting to let it go to waste. I went to the dealer to puchase vw clothing and they also sell a mountain bike on there online store for about $320. I used the entire card on the bike and some clothing seeing as i didn't need any work done on the car. The guy working there informed me if you wanted to use the loyalty card from home all you have to do is call the vw store website to place your order and they can take the payment over the phone so you don't have to go to the dealer to use the card. I haven't tried to order from the over the phone so good luck to anyone who does. Mine expired at the end of November and didn't want to waste it. So i got a new mountain bike few vw hats few under armour audi hats and a sweatshirt.

Tech20

TDI
2015 Jetta SE 6M
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned already; I tried searching but couldn't find anything. This may help a few people.
If anyone has a small balance on the "use anywhere" card, you can get a gift card for an exact amount from amazon. I'm not sure if I can post a link for it. It is easily found through google.
My local dealer has a huge markup on parts. {624.99 ea for the 2017 LED DRL headlights, which is over the msrp}. Keffer VW, as recommended by others on tdiclub and vwvortex, worked fine. I was not able to place an order for more than $500, so it left a small balance. I ended up ordering more parts from them and to save a few bucks, they told me to select local pickup. I had to pay their local state tax, but it was cheaper than paying shipping for two separate orders. Keffer's prices are currently 25% under msrp which is the second lowest prices I've seen for a dealer. The lowest told me that they had to physically have the goodwill card in order to run it.

wutech

TDI
2012 Jetta
So I lost my card but had my activation paperwork. I activated on 12/15 and I remember it being just a few days after receiving them in the mail. Card expired 11/30 so there is nothing that I can do, had over $350 left on it. So if you were wanting to get it reissued do to expiration date, it has nothing to do with your activation date as was reported in the program.

I thought I saw some on here waited to activate to get longer life, don't matter goes by card date.

cracklepop

TDI
2009 Jetta sedan, manual trans.
My appointment to give back my car is this friday at 6:30pm. Two weeks ago my battery died, I jumped the car, drove to dealership, attempted to buy battery with "goodwill' card, card expired? I called number on card, hit the prompt for "reissue", spoke with a young lady who took my information and said the new cards would arrive in 7 - 10 business days. I go back into dealership and ask if when my new cards arrive could I get a refund of the battery then use the new card to re-purchase the battery, they agreed. I change battery in their parking lot because I had to be at work and didn't have 4 hours to wait. The car throws codes, they charge me $150 to clear codes, I wait an hour, drive away with no codes. Drive 1 mile away...codes, drive back to dealership, they clear codes again, drive about a mile away...codes, I drive back. They give my a loaner car and didn't clear them until the next night. They said one particular code wouldn't clear but they finally cleared it. Again, with the new card I can get a refund to my card and use the "goodwill" card when it arrives. Yesterday was 10 business days. I called the number, they have no record of my previous call. I talk to three people, we get into an argument because they stand behind the expiration date and I tell them that the "reissue" prompt was on the phone number when I called, I spoke with a VW representative who said the cards (both cards) would arrive in 7 - 10 days and this is a verbal agreement/contract regardless of the expiration date. She spoke with a "team leadership" person and they stand behind the expiration date. Lastly, the parts guy at the dealership (because I had him on the other line listening and he remembers me and my car) said that another customer had a similar experience with regard to the expiration date and said to him that in California it's against the law to have an expiration date on a gift card. Lastly, in order to activate the cards one has to show up with the cards, identification and "the vehicle". What happens if the vehicle is turned in? Remember, my appointment is this friday evening, I may cancel until this is resolved.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
My appointment to give back my car is this friday at 6:30pm. Two weeks ago my battery died, I jumped the car, drove to dealership, attempted to buy battery with "goodwill' card, card expired? I called number on card, hit the prompt for "reissue", spoke with a young lady who took my information and said the new cards would arrive in 7 - 10 business days. I go back into dealership and ask if when my new cards arrive could I get a refund of the battery then use the new card to re-purchase the battery, they agreed. I change battery in their parking lot because I had to be at work and didn't have 4 hours to wait. The car throws codes, they charge me $150 to clear codes, I wait an hour, drive away with no codes. Drive 1 mile away...codes, drive back to dealership, they clear codes again, drive about a mile away...codes, I drive back. They give my a loaner car and didn't clear them until the next night. They said one particular code wouldn't clear but they finally cleared it. Again, with the new card I can get a refund to my card and use the "goodwill" card when it arrives. Yesterday was 10 business days. I called the number, they have no record of my previous call. I talk to three people, we get into an argument because they stand behind the expiration date and I tell them that the "reissue" prompt was on the phone number when I called, I spoke with a VW representative who said the cards (both cards) would arrive in 7 - 10 days and this is a verbal agreement/contract regardless of the expiration date. She spoke with a "team leadership" person and they stand behind the expiration date. Lastly, the parts guy at the dealership (because I had him on the other line listening and he remembers me and my car) said that another customer had a similar experience with regard to the expiration date and said to him that in California it's against the law to have an expiration date on a gift card. Lastly, in order to activate the cards one has to show up with the cards, identification and "the vehicle". What happens if the vehicle is turned in? Remember, my appointment is this friday evening, I may cancel until this is resolved.
ten loads of vw crappooollla :mad:

as all this "stuff" adds up ~~ one wonders all the lost future vw sales. :D

ridiculous X 100

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
I knew I had about $19 and change left on my VW dealer card, which expires at the end of December. So I went to the VW dealer and bought two jugs of diesel exhaust fluid, which came to about $22 with tax. They had no way of knowing how much money remained on the card. So I told them to put $19 on the card, and I would pay the balance in cash.

When I got home, I checked the web site, and I now have 26 cents left on the card. I think I will let VW keep it as a gesture of "goodwill" sent back to them.

BlueGruff

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW DSG; 2017 Jetta 1.8T Sedan
My dealer card doesn't expire until June 2017 (because I applied for the cards a week before the goodwill program ended on June 30). My first purchase with dealer card were Driver Gear toys. I'm a VW fan so I couldn't resist these tiny vdubs.

cracklepop

TDI
2009 Jetta sedan, manual trans.
This morning I was thinking, in my life I've owned 8 vehicles and 4 of them have been VW. In fact, a 1973 vw bug is what I drove all through college in the 80's and when I graduated, and could afford it, I bought a Cabriolet. Now, vw (small case intentional) cheats on their nox (big deal, large semi-trucks do worse), I'm being forced to give up my car (like the epa & carb will ok a fix..ha ha, this entire fiasco is a absolute justification for their overreaching as well as a wet dream for them to "enforce" their authority) the supposed "goodwill" (B.S.) has a "deadline"...really! All I can say is this, if you own a vw just get rid of it because I've been a loyal vw owner and this is how they display their "goodwill" towards me.

tsingtao

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Mazda 3 Hatchback 2009 Jetta TDI--Bought back 12/21/16
I have a good friend who is a real VW nut (gassers mainly but he does have one diesel) and usually has 4 or 5 at one time.

Had $245 left on my card so I took a picture front and back of the dealer card the day it expired and texted it to him. Told him I have no use for it and he can use it but has to act fast.

Checked the website that night, he used every penny.