VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

sidsnot

TDI
2014 Jetta Silver, 2000 Cherv Silverado 2500 6.L Vortec
VW Goodwill Credit

I have just received mine. Starts Dec 7th here in Canada. Is this deal same as your's in US ;
Dear Volkswagen Owner,
Volkswagen Canada would like to provide registered Owners of affected 2.0L TDI vehicles with a gesture of goodwill for your continued patience – a $1,000 Owner Credit Package that can be used at your Volkswagen Dealership towards vehicle care costs, accessories or other expenses related to your vehicle. Or, use up to half towards purchases anywhere credit cards are accepted. Also included – No-Charge 24-Hour Roadside Assistance for three years.
You will be able to register for your Owner Credit Package starting this Monday, December 7, 2015 at www.vwemissionsinfo.ca.
We will remind you on Monday to ensure you do not miss out on your package.
Owner Credit Package FAQs
1. What is the Owner Credit Package and who is eligible for this Package?
Current owners and lessees of 2.0L TDI vehicles affected by the emissions issue are eligible for the Owner Credit Package which consists of:
1. $500 for use at Volkswagen Dealerships only;
2. A further $500 for use at your Volkswagen Dealership or anywhere credit cards are accepted and;
3. No-Charge 24-Hour Roadside Assistance for three years, with unlimited mileage.
Our records show that your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is eligible for this offer.
2. I previously entered my information on www.vwemissionsinfo.ca. Do I need to enter my information again to register for the Owner Credit Package?
Yes. In order to claim your Owner Credit Package you will need to register starting Monday, December 7, 2015.
3. How long does it take to receive the Owner Credit Package?
Your Owner Credit Package should arrive within 6 weeks of registering online. After your Owner Credit Package arrives, you will need to visit your dealership for card activation. We recommend activating your Owner Credit Package as soon as possible.
If it has been more than 6 weeks since you registered and your Owner Credit Package hasn’t arrived, please contact Volkswagen Customer CARE at 1-800-822-8987.
4. Will I have to forfeit my right to take legal action or to receive other compensation in the future if I accept this offer now?
No. You will NOT forfeit your right to take legal action or to receive other compensation in the future if you accept this offer now. We are providing this package as a gesture of goodwill for your continued patience as we work to develop a correction for your vehicle.
5. Are any vehicles excluded from the Owner Credit Package?
Yes, there are certain customers that are excluded from the program. Fleet vehicles and vehicles owned by Volkswagen Group Canada, Volkswagen Dealers, or Volkswagen Credit (such as those that are part of the employee lease program), unregistered vehicles owned by independent Dealers and wholesalers, and vehicles purchased on or after December 4, 2015 are not eligible for this Owner Credit Package.
Thank you,
Volkswagen Canada

Rob_MacCara

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q3 gasser
Got that email, too. Means we have to register again starting Monday. This is the same "deal" that the US folks have been offered. I'll happily accept mine as soon as I receive it.

tejastommy

TDI
2013 Jetta DSG
Registered online, received an email confirmation with a registration code. I plug the registration code into the website and I get "An ERROR occurred. Unspecified".(AWESOME). So I call the 800 number. On hold for 25 minutes, UM! C'mon MAN!
I hung up and tried again the next day...... On hold for 10 minutes... :((((
Day 3 FIVE minutes..... I will have measureable disdain for the next
VW employee I encounter in person or on the phone.

jerryn63

TDI
2014 Beetle TDI
Here's why my TDI only has 7k miles ...

My daily commute to work increased to 120 miles/day. I traded in my Wrangler for the TDI. The TDI made sense at the time. My Wrangler had 34" wheels and the 60 mile ride up and back would get old at 15mpg. I Ended up finding an opportunity closer to home much quicker than I thought I would and now back to my 36 mile/day daily commute. My TDI is the 2014/2015 Beetle TDI Premium. Only sold during 2014/2015. I bought mine May 2015. That's why I have only 7k miles. It's my DD and also have taken it on three road trips with the Mrs. One to Cape Cod, averaged 56mpg. The other we took the Mohawk trail... got 51mpg... and Bartlet, NH ... 62mpg. I wasn't hypermiling either averaging 75mph most of the time.
I also work from home 1 to 2 days/week. So I'm not racking up the miles.
If I continued to work in Framingham I would have average 31k/year.

VW really cut corners with tires. Mine Beetle came with Hankook was well.
I Would never buy Hankook. I'll probably go with Goodyear when I'm at 20k miles. If I go with a Stage I tune I'll go with wider tires too.

Dieselgate has been a real bummer. I would like to see a free lifetime bumper to bumper warranty and free maintenance for 10 years. That would be great.

I'm looking at getting a ECU port locking device. At least I'll know when the dealer is going to attempt to update the ECU.

When I bought the car I was planning on getting a Malone TDI tune and take the car to the whisky hill race track training course. You need sticky for that too.

jerryn63, don't get me wrong.....I love these TDI's, as we have 5 in our immediate family....am wondering why the purchase of a diesel if you have a '14 with just 7k? I know this thread is about the goodwill cards but that caught my eye.
We have a '13 purchased in '14 with 42k, and my '15 is not one year old with 31k. Regarding the debit cards we will most likely use them for tires "if" the dealer prices are anywhere near reasonable on cost. (the Hankook tires on my wifes Beetle Convet. TDI are the worst tires we have EVER owned)

jerryn63

TDI
2014 Beetle TDI
I applied for it a couple of days after getting the letter, nothing yet. My other half has joked about using the $500 toward VAG-COM software to fix the recall.
I think a lot of us are thinking about getting a Qpro or equivalent to back up our ECUs. I plan on getting a lock for the ECU port too. I don't want VW tampering with my car.

Tornado TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI Highline 6MT
Well so much for using the money for new winter tires and wheels.
Register on Monday and then wait 6 weeks for it to arrive, most of winter will be over.
Have to find something else at the dealer to use it for.
Not going to complain about waiting for it though it's still free money. :D

Last edited:

jerryn63

TDI
2014 Beetle TDI
just go with a Prius or a Leaf and drink green tea while listening to soundscapes nature music
;)

Nooooooooooo! :eek: I'd fall asleep at the wheel driving a Leaf or Prius. very boring vehicles. Plus electricity is starting to skyrocket in south eastern massachusetts because we are losing our large coal & oil fired generation plant (Brayton Point) and Pilgrim Nuclear (same technology as Fukushima) is going to be decommissioned soon. No new power generation plants to replace them.. we have been informed to expect $.39/kw (includes delivery) next year.

So.. a diesel vehicle just made sense to me. power, high efficiency, and fun to drive. 400W Fender stereo isn't too shabby either. :cool:

assaultwagen

TDI
2012 jetta sportwagen
I think a lot of us are thinking about getting a Qpro or equivalent to back up our ECUs. I plan on getting a lock for the ECU port too. I don't want VW tampering with my car.
I have been waiting for the q-pro for over a month now. Kale from kerma has been dangling it in my face. Luckily they have started preorders. Now I just need to wait for my damn care package to get here, Lol.

marmaj

TDI
2013 Tuareg 3.0 TDI
It might not be the same in currency-equivalent as the Americans are getting but it's still $1000 that you didn't have yesterday.
He also paid more by 33% for his Canadian VW in Canadian $$ - I understand why he is not impressed. Math sucks, when you don't get it...

Last edited:

shak911

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI-372000KM
VW Canada just sent an email....Starting this Monday, Canadian owners can register/claim for the C$1000 and the 3 year road assistance, same terms as US owners but in C$....(U$750).

Loafing

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Mexican Jet
Register on Monday and then wait 6 weeks for it to arrive, most of winter will be over.
"within 6 weeks" was cited. U may only have to wait for a few days.... or u may have to give them a call after 6 wks....

Jeta Life

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI DSG Auto
Nooooooooooo! :eek: I'd fall asleep at the wheel driving a Leaf or Prius. very boring vehicles. Plus electricity is starting to skyrocket in south eastern massachusetts because we are losing our large coal & oil fired generation plant (Brayton Point) and Pilgrim Nuclear (same technology as Fukushima) is going to be decommissioned soon. No new power generation plants to replace them.. we have been informed to expect $.39/kw (includes delivery) next year.

So.. a diesel vehicle just made sense to me. power, high efficiency, and fun to drive. 400W Fender stereo isn't too shabby either. :cool:
I apologize if I offended any EV fans who delight in trying to think they're perfect.

Sure VW made a mistake, they will pay then move on. It has been an emotional roller coaster that's for sure.

VW admitted wrongdoing and must now make amends starting with Goodwill.

The EVs do not inspire me.

All I can say is give VW time.

VW made a mistake and must move on.

ElectricMayhem

Veteran Member
TDI
None!
Just got this email from VWCanada:
=======================================
Dear Volkswagen Owner,
Volkswagen Canada would like to provide registered Owners of affected 2.0L TDI vehicles with a gesture of goodwill for your continued patience – a $1,000 Owner Credit Package that can be used at your Volkswagen Dealership towards vehicle care costs, accessories or other expenses related to your vehicle.
Just to be clear, the current offer is

1) $2000 off any VW model with no obligation to trade in my current car (is it pretax?) plus
2) $1000 comprising $500 I can spend anywhere and $500 I must spend at the VW dealer?

haunruh

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GOLF TDI/DSG Wagon
Just to be clear, the current offer is
1) $2000 off any VW model with no obligation to trade in my current car (is it pretax?) plus
2) $1000 comprising $500 I can spend anywhere and $500 I must spend at the VW dealer?
Here's a copy from the FAQ:

1. What is the Owner Credit Package and who is eligible for this Package?
Current owners and lessees of 2.0L TDI vehicles affected by the emissions issue are eligible for the Owner Credit Package which consists of:
1. $500 for use at Volkswagen Dealerships only;
2. A further $500 for use at your Volkswagen Dealership or anywhere credit cards are accepted and;
3. No-Charge 24-Hour Roadside Assistance for three years, with unlimited mileage.

I don't know where you get the $2000. off deal; maybe your local dealer? Not mine anyway. :confused:

sarahspins

TDI
2014 JSW 6MT
Has anyone who registered on Nov 9th gotten their goodwill package yet? I haven't, but I think I missed a call from my dealer a few days ago, but they didn't leave a voicemail so I'm not sure what it could have been about.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Has anyone who registered on Nov 9th gotten their goodwill package yet? I haven't, but I think I missed a call from my dealer a few days ago, but they didn't leave a voicemail so I'm not sure what it could have been about.
No, not yet. We should be getting them any day now. The "packages" are supposed to be coming to you (us), not the dealer. Then you have to go to the dealer to get the cards "activated". In other words, they want to verify that you still own the TDI. You will probably have to show them your drivers license and your registration (or something like that).

Have Fun!

Don

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
If it's really been an emotional roller coaster for you, there are pharmaceuticals that could help you with that. :)

RB206

TDI
TDI
I spoke with VW care Friday afternoon and was told by the rep that as far as he knew, none had been mailed out yet. He seemed sure of that statement, and told me to call back if I don't have it by the middle of next week. I'm in the first 25k of sign-ups on day one. Instead of mirroring the confirmation email's "Within 4 weeks you should receive your Goodwill Package materials," he sounded like he was reading a script that the cards were being issued by another company and they were telling VW to tell people it would be about 4 weeks. I knew it wasn't VW directly issuing the cards, but it sounded like he was distancing VW from any delay. Being late on the goodwill, when they set the timeline, won't be good news for VW.

Jeta Life

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI DSG Auto
Your kidding right?
Hopefully shopping with the goodwill package will help.

If it's really been an emotional roller coaster for you, there are pharmaceuticals that could help you with that. :)
I will be happier once I get the money to do the timing belt. Thanks for caring.

Spending money may be just what the doctor ordered.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
<snip> Instead of mirroring the confirmation email's "Within 4 weeks you should receive your Goodwill Package materials," he sounded like he was reading a script that the cards were being issued by another company <snip>
The cards WILL be issued and sent to you by someone else— VISA. This is sure to happen, if for no other reason than security. VISA does this day in, day out, and the security machinery is in place. VW, not so much.

LRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 16 GSW... Just the LR diesel now
Yet you waited several weeks after they started the program. So why complain?

TornadoTDI2010

TDI
2010 Golf
I don't know about Canada, but that offer expired in November in the US.
Also, this deal wasn't just for folks with tdis, it was available to anyone with a vw. So I don't think it really had anything to do with the diesel situation. I never got any notification of it from Vw or local dealers.