VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

divewreck

TDI
2012 A3 TDI
Anybody out there have an A3 TDI? I haven't had any success registering on the VWDeiselInfo.com site. It keeps telling me I have an invalid VIN. A few weeks ago when I put my VIN in, it referenced me to Audi, but Audi doesn't have any place to register.
Same thing for me. From what I'm reading Audi might offer more

chaoscreature

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Special Edition
Oops, found it on the FAQ's:
"This card can be used on any transaction where the dealer will accept Visa debit as a form of payment."

Devious

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI (White)
I wonder if I go to a US dealer, a Canadian dealer or am going to get F'd.

Important a 2010 TDI from the US. I'll take the $1000 USD!!

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
But since the repair is free (except for your time), why wouldn't you have it done?
Check my sig or public profile for that one.

if you don't have it done, will your car pass state emission inspections?
Not all states require emission inspection for diesels. I happen to reside in one of those states. You might be surprise to learn that some states don't have state inspections at all for any cars. Alabama for instance has no state inspections, be it safety or emissions.

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
This applies to the credit card agreement. By accepting the cards you aren't waiving your rights to sue VW over the emissions problem.
Edit from previous version of post; This is right, that part of the agreement applies only to the card.

Nothing in the fine print that I read says anything about waiving your right to further settlement/class-action related to the emissions scandal, OR legally binds you to perform any recalls.

But, I'm not a lawyer.

Last edited:

JDenyer232

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI S
With the VW gift card I'm just gonna buy $500 worth of oil, oil filters, air filters, and fuel filters, should take care of my maintenance for quite some time:D

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
what about this point in the agreement:

W
AIVER OF
RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY
YOU AND WE ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IS A
CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT BUT MAY BE WAIVED IN CERTAIN
CIRCUMSTANCES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU AND WE
KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY IN THE
EVENT OF LITIGATION AR
ISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT.
THIS JURY TRIAL WAIVER SHALL NOT AFFECT OR BE INTERPRETED AS
MODIFYING IN ANY FASHION THE DISPUTE CLAUSE SET FORTH IN THE
FOLLOWING SECTION, IF APPLICABLE, WHICH CONTAINS ITS OWN
SEPARATE JURY TRIAL WAIVER.
IN T
HE EVENT OF ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS
AGREEMENT, CUSTOMER AGREES THAT SUCH DISPUTE SHALL BE
RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION WITH THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION
ASSOCIATION, UTILIZING THE RULES OF PROCEDURE OF SUCH
ARBITRATION SERVICE, FURT
HER, ANY SUCH ARBITRATION SHALL TAKE
PLACE IN SIOUX FALLS, SOUTH DAKOTA AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF
SOUTH DAKOTA SHALL APPLY. THE DECISION OF AN ARBITRATOR WILL BE
FINAL AND SUBECT TO ENFORCEMENT IN A COURT OF COMPETENT
JURISDICTION.
It is worth repeating again that this is a cardholder agreement for the pre-paid Visa card and is not related to anything Dieselgate.

texsize

TDI
2013 jetta DSG.
why the odomiter reading?

I can’t help but wonder if this gift package is a way of getting more info about the mileage on the TDI’s on the road.
There are a lot of TDI owners out there that never go in to a dealership for service so VW would not have any mileage info. If VW is considering some kind of buyback the mileage on the cars would be important to know.

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Sportwagen Turned in , 2000 Z3 Coupe, 2003 Ford Expedition
**** i just looked at a set of tired Contis for my Passat its well over 500$ for a set its like 210$ per tire at my dealer...

Do thats a ****ty GIFT lol...
Most dealers price match tire prices. Get a quote from a tire store first.

Donald

Rudyjo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen Tdi
I was hoping for an extended warranty along with this. Roadside assistance falls a little short of that.
I agree with you, I bought a 2015 TDI sportwagen on the last day of August.
The 3 year roadside assistance is nothing new for us new owners, as it came with the car. Maybe they will extend the assistance for a couple of months beyond the 3 years that we get when buying a new car.

TDILeo

Veteran Member
TDI
CW 2011 Golf TDI 6M Repurchased By VW 1/30/17 1985 VW GTI
Just registered for the 'Goodwill Package.' Might as well.
Don't know what VW is going to make of my uberlow 6100 miles on the odometer. :confused:

Lucidexp

Banned
TDI
2013 Jetta
Is $500 going to the customers who bought these cars a deal? I dont think so.

the company lied to us and now with $500 they want to be our friend. really?

Im hoping I can trade it in sooner rather than later at a pre scandal price and stop having to drive a VW product.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
Same thing for me. From what I'm reading Audi might offer more
Go to the AUDIUSA website and put your VIN in. It is NOW showing a recall number associated with it. Audi is NOT VW so stop using the VW site for your car.

We will see how Audi treats us compared to VW. Then again, the 2015 A3 isn't the same amount of changes or hardware as the VW Jettas.

Last edited:

TarwheelTDI

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen
Go to the website and put your VIN in. It is NOW showing a recall number associated with it.

We will see how Audi treats us compared to VW. Then again, the 2015 A3 isn't the same amount of changes or hardware as the VW Jettas.
well........neither is my Golf Sportwagen TDI, but all I get is $500 and VW and the U.S. govt. both knew the recall was coming in late August and sold it to me anyway.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
I can’t help but wonder if this gift package is a way of getting more info about the mileage on the TDI’s on the road.
There are a lot of TDI owners out there that never go in to a dealership for service so VW would not have any mileage info. If VW is considering some kind of buyback the mileage on the cars would be important to know.
Please stop with the FREAKING PARANOID TIN FOIL crap guys!

Jeesh, I can't believe all the fear mongers on here. Yeah, like VW gives a damn about your mileage....Why exactly would they give a damn? The can extrapolate the mileage from those WHO DO go to the dealership. They don't need to spy on you or your car for this information... Sheesh.. Really some peoples children. Thinking they have something special VW wants...

haunruh

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GOLF TDI/DSG Wagon
CBC News Alert:
"Volkswagen confirms Cdn owners of cars with small diesel engines to be offered compensation 'similar' to US; offer there is $1K in credits."
and ..
"Volkswagen confirms Cdn owners of cars with rigged emission systems to get $500 credit, $500 VW vouchers, 3 more yrs roadside assistance."

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Please! That is the standard credit card ARBITRATION clause. I bet you cut and pasted off that section header.

Of COURSE they are going to make you sign away legal rights for the money. This is to stop the LEACH Attorneys from filing Class Action lawsuits. The Attorneys would have to prove they could win more than the VW amounts offered for their clients in order to proceed.

VW is being smart, cut the ATTORNEYS out of the deal and same 34% for US and them. We will actually get a payout worth something instead of a check for $2.50 while the attorneys get MILLIONS.
What are you talking about? I didn't cut and paste anything. :confused:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Please stop with the FREAKING PARANOID TIN FOIL crap guys!

Jeesh, I can't believe all the fear mongers on here. Yeah, like VW gives a damn about your mileage....Why exactly would they give a damn? The can extrapolate the mileage from those WHO DO go to the dealership. They don't need to spy on you or your car for this information... Sheesh.. Really some peoples children. Thinking they have something special VW wants...
I have no doubt that data collection will happen during this process, but it is most certainly not the motivating force behind these incentives.

millerman61

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI Premium w/Nav, DSG. Bought back on 12/23/16
Quote from vwdieselinfo.com: "Both cards expire one
year after date of issuanc Therefore, it is important that you activate the Goodwill Package as soon as possible."

Makes me want to wait to activate. Why would i want to activate as soon as possible if I want to try to time it to maintenance.

Dieselchen

Banned
TDI
2011 Golf 6M
I have no doubt that data collection will happen during this process, but it is most certainly not the motivating force behind these incentives.
They will also collect WHAT you purchase with that Debit card, aka you can't withdraw the cash from a ATM, even thus you havea Pin

VodkanDiesel

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2015 Jetta SEL TDI
$500 is not enough

A $500 gift card is not enough.

I want at least $3000 from VW from my car's lost resale value. CASH. Not gift cards or coupons.

I hope the owners are the ones who get the money and not slimy lawyers.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
They will also collect WHAT you purchase with that Debit card, aka you can't withdraw the cash from a ATM, even thus you havea Pin
I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way, but I'll go buy extra aluminum foil from the store tonight to make a nice new hat. ;)

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
Check my sig or public profile for that one.

Not all states require emission inspection for diesels. I happen to reside in one of those states. You might be surprise to learn that some states don't have state inspections at all for any cars. Alabama for instance has no state inspections, be it safety or emissions.
I am not surprised that some states don't require emission inspections. I expect that drivers like you that have spent thousands on modifications aren't interested in having VW play around with the ECM.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Makes me want to wait to activate. Why would i want to activate as soon as possible if I want to try to time it to maintenance.
...because the cards expire 1 year after they are issued, NOT 1 year after they are activated. The longer you wait to activate, the shorter the time you have to use it. It is one year from the time the cards are printed, NOT 1 year after activation. This has been stated here more than once.

Have Fun!

Don