VW must contact you within 10 or earlier if claim is denied.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Anyone wondering if their claim was approved, denied, or deemed incomplete should know that VW was ordered by the court to contact you within 10 of excepted application with documents downloaded.
My documents where submitted on the 19th, so today is their last day to contact me if there where missing, incomplete documents, or if the claim was denied. You will not likely here from them until 20 days from submitted documents, but at end of day 10 you know you where approved, or VW is at fault for not fulfilling required timeline from settlement.

Important language from the FTC settlement:
C. Defendant shall administer the claims administration process efficiently,
expeditiously, and transparently, including by:
1. Accepting claim applications and documentation submitted by mail, fax,
and via the claims website;
2. Processing all claims applications and, within 10 business days, or more
quickly if reasonable, either (a) notifying consumers that their claim
application is complete because it contains all information necessary to
determine eligibility, or (b) notifying consumers of any claim application
that is deemed deficient, the reasons for the deficiency, and providing
clear instructions on how to cure it.
If Defendant notifies a consumer that
their claim application is deficient, Defendant shall have 10 business days
from resubmission of the claims application to notify such consumer
whether his or her application is complete;
3. Notifying consumers whether they are eligible for their elected remedy
within 10 business days, or more quickly if reasonable, of receiving a
completed application;
Other important language for next steps:
4. Immediately upon either notification that a consumer is eligible under
Subsection C.3 above or the Effective Date, whichever is later, allowing
that Eligible Consumer to schedule a Buyback, Lease Termination, or
Approved Emissions Modification at any Volkswagen Dealer (or other
entity authorized by Defendant) of the Eligible Consumer’s choosing.
Defendant shall provide Eligible Consumers the ability to choose from at
least three appointment dates, at different times of the day, on different
days of the week, each of which is within 90 days of notification under
Subsection C.3 or the Effective Date, whichever is later. Defendant shall
provide consumers with the ability to reschedule their appointment within
90 days of the rescheduling date using the same process;
5. Providing consumers with at least one reminder prior to their scheduled
appointment;

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Since you haven't submitted a claim, the clock hasn't started yet. From the top of the page:
Claims will not be accepted until after the Settlements have received final Court approval.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Since you haven't submitted a claim, the clock hasn't started yet. From the top of the page:
You are right. I just called and they verified that they can not legally review claims till after court settlement.

Mods can you please remove this thread, as it will be confusing for the community.

My apologizes.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Within '10' what??? Milliseconds, days, centuries. ..?

Mike91326

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
You are right. I just called and they verified that they can not legally review claims till after court settlement.
Mods can you please remove this thread, as it will be confusing for the community.
My apologizes.
I just checked with VW and the person I talked to told me that they have been reviewing documents that have been submitted by mail, fax, or uploaded but they will not communicate with us until the settlement is final. However, if any of your documents are not readable they will contact you and ask you to resubmit them. The rep indicated that right after October 18th, people who selected buyback and have submitted the required documents will be told if their documents are approved. If approved, you will be given the form to request the formal buyback. The rep said that buybacks will start in early November if the settlement gets final approval on the 18th.

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
I just checked with VW and the person I talked to told me that they have been reviewing documents that have been submitted by mail, fax, or uploaded but they will not communicate with us until the settlement is final. However, if any of your documents are not readable they will contact you and ask you to resubmit them. The rep indicated that right after October 18th, people who selected buyback and have submitted the required documents will be told if their documents are approved. If approved, you will be given the form to request the formal buyback. The rep said that buybacks will start in early November if the settlement gets final approval on the 18th.
Hooray!

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
The "10" cited is 10 business days, not 10 consecutive calendar days. So you leave out Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays in counting the 10 business days.

MD Vet

TDI
Jetta
Mike91326 - thank you very much for that news

DubFamily - I did a quick google "10 bunnies" and that was the first pic...I counted and figured one was hidden in the back and the other took the picture.

jayp111

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
mail or fax?!?!?

What are you talking about here?

The only thing thats happened to date is VW looking for folks to submit info online

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
This is a good thread. I was wondering as well. I uploaded my Docs.

I'm keeping my car. Fix or opt out...no buyback for me, at least at this time. I am going through the motions.

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
This is a good thread. I was wondering as well. I uploaded my Docs.

I'm keeping my car. Fix or opt out...no buyback for me, at least at this time. I am going through the motions.
the opt-out ship has already set sail, looks like you missed the boat on that one

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
good call, I completely forgot about the right to opt out at a later date if no fix is approved

Vidgamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI (turned in)
What do you mean? I thought you could just keep driving, or does opt out mean something different? Just curious- I'm taking the buyout.

I've not been in a hurry to upload documents. I'm not sure how this affects timing. I guess I'm in no hurry aside from getting new-car-fever.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
What do you mean? I thought you could just keep driving, or does opt out mean something different?
If you don't specifically opt out of the settlement (and the deadline for doing this has passed, unless VW announces that there won't be an approved fix), you can't pursue any action on your own. Those who have opted out can, if they choose, sue VW on their own, or perhaps as a second class action (I'm sure Judge Bryer would love that).

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
I just checked with VW and the person I talked to told me that they have been reviewing documents that have been submitted by mail, fax, or uploaded The rep indicated that right after October 18th, people who selected buyback and habut they will not communicate with us until the settlement is final. However, if any of your documents are not readable they will contact you and ask you to resubmit them.ve submitted the required documents will be told if their documents are approved. If approved, you will be given the form to request the formal buyback. The rep said that buybacks will start in early November if the settlement gets final approval on the 18th.

That is very good (and very appreciated) guidance.

To be perfectly clear, would it be a fair statement (I forwarded those three copies Certified Mail/Return Receipt) that if I hear nothing until after 10/18 (Assuming my copies are readable) I AM COOL..........(within the buyback arena that is)

Again good job (and thanks for posting)

ez sends