VW MK4 TDI Transmissions, new oem VW

Frans

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Golf MK2 TDI
Brand new OEM VW MK4 TDI transmissions. 02J 5 speed. New old stock from VW. Code EGR. Will fit all mk4 TDI vehicles with the 2nd generation shifter mechanism. 1st generations shifters can be converted.

EGR Ratios:

FR: 3.338
1st: 3.77
2nd: 2.12
3rd: 1.36
4th: 0.97
5th: 0.755

€950 /$950 USD including shipment to the US/Canada. Other destinations upon request. Only 8 pcs available.

For ordering please send an email to info@dutchautoparts.com

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
My Golf is an 2001 is it first or second generation shift mechanism? I think second gen? I need to order one or a used one please fdetrana@yahoo.com my name is Frank. Ive got a few emails out to you this am Frans please respond at your earliest convenience. Appreciate it.
Frank

Frans

TDI
Golf MK2 TDI
All new transmissions have been sold! We also have 3 factory VW rebuild EGR transmissions available. These are priced at $875 USD shipped.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
As long as we're talking transmissions....any chance you have any supply 02M 6sp. TDI transmissions? DRW code?
New, used, whatever.
(Asking for a friend...no, really. :D)

Frans

TDI
Golf MK2 TDI
As long as we're talking transmissions....any chance you have any supply 02M 6sp. TDI transmissions? DRW code?
New, used, whatever.
(Asking for a friend...no, really. :D)
We now have some brand new 02M TDI transmissions available. (New old stock from VW) Code JNA, which is equal in ratios to ERF/FMH. These are priced at €950 each shipped. Which is just under $1K USD.

New PD150 clutch set (sachs) is €440 shipped. $465 USD

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
$1500USD for new 02M and the clutch set - damn, that's a pretty fine deal!!
If my Mk4 was my primary highway vehicle, I'd be on that like stink on a monkey!

Thanks for letting the community here know, Frans.

Frans

TDI
Golf MK2 TDI
We only have two new 02ms left! Most likely the last chance ever to buy a brand new TDI gearbox ;)

probably_mudkipz

TDI
2002 GTI
Frans,

Would it be possible to order an 02M along with all of the parts necessary to swap it in place of an 02J? Alternatively, would you be able to provide a list of the necessary parts with part numbers?

Thanks

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Having done a couple of 6sp. swaps, apart from transmission and clutch, I think the only things one needs are:
  • Starter - needs to be 6sp and TDI; look to Europe
  • Axles: pretty sure any gasser that came with the 6MT (e.g., VR6) would do the trick
  • Tin / inspection window cover between engine and bell-housing
  • shifter linkage atop the transmission that shifter cables attach to (let me know if you need one - pretty sure I have one or two kicking around)
  • clutch slave cylinder and bleeder block - again, pretty sure those can be sourced from/for any 02M (e.g. VR6)
Sorry I don't have part number; but there's a thread here in the vendors section somewhere that does include part numbers.

P2B

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta, 2003 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon
Clutch hydraulic line is 6-speed specific, but you can bend (carefully) the stock one to fit. Also need to reroute the high pressure power steering line slightly and protect it where it touches the transmission. You will want to have a rear main seal on hand as Murphy's law says the existing one will be leaking if you don't.

probably_mudkipz

TDI
2002 GTI
Thanks for the info, unfortunately I think it may be slightly more complicated than that. I also must confess that the car I am considering doing the swap into is not a TDI but a 1.8t.

I can see in the picture that the new 02M appears to be missing at least:
  • transmission mount bracket (1J0199117AK)
  • gear selector bracket (1J0711781D)
  • shift levers (can use a Dieselgeek Sigma 6)
  • clutch slave cylinder/throwout bearing (0A5141671R)
  • clutch bleeder block/assembly (1J0721468C)
I believe based on other forum posts (but have not confirmed) that in my application:
  • any 6 speed starter will work, except possibly not from a TDI unless you use a TDI flywheel?
    • lower starter bolt (N10242102) is longer on the 02M
  • TDI 02M axles will work, and the right side is already the same as the 1.8t 02J except maybe the axle cups/flanges are different?
    • VR6 02M axles work, but maybe only if you replace the TDI transmission flanges with 108mm ones?
    • 1.8t 02M axles work, but only if you replace the wheel hub spindles with 337/20AE ones and possibly flanges with 108mm ones?
    • idk maybe all 02M gearboxes already have 108mm axle flanges even if they came on a TDI
    • looks like the Beetle Turbo S left axle (1J0407271GC/1J0407451PX) can be used instead of a TDI 02M one
  • intermediate plate/dust tin (06A103645D) from a 1.8t 02J or TDI 02M will work
  • dogbone mount (1J0199851AA) is the same on all engines/transmissions
  • left transmission mount (1J0199555AQ) appears to be different but I'm not sure which to use
Sorry, didn't mean to thread-jack, just leaving this here for future reference.

Last edited:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
any 6 speed starter will work, except possibly not from a TDI unless you use a TDI flywheel?
I mean, any 6sp starter will fit and thus "work", but will it have the requisite oomph to turn over the high-compression diesel engine if it came off a gas car? Having recently tried to re-purpose a 2.0L 02J starter in a TDI, it "works", but it doesn't work properly. Yes, it started the car, but the starter was not at all happy about it - could hear it struggling to turn the engine over.

Frans

TDI
Golf MK2 TDI
Frans,

Would it be possible to order an 02M along with all of the parts necessary to swap it in place of an 02J? Alternatively, would you be able to provide a list of the necessary parts with part numbers?

Thanks
We can provide a full set, but we need 1-2 weeks to come up with the rest of the parts. Good MK4 parts are hard to find these days:(.

probably_mudkipz

TDI
2002 GTI
Thank you. To confirm, would this be equivalent to the "5 speed to 6 speed mk4" kits you previously advertised in the thread linked below? And I assume that the price would be higher given that this is a new gearbox, can you provide an estimate?