VW Loyalty Incentives?

BigMule

TDI
2013 Passat
As I am looking at prices of new 2017 Passat SE gassers. I have not seen this loyalty incentive at dealerships. Has anyone seen this incentive at dealerships now? Is this some incentive that VW will offer in the future?
"Volkswagen of America is offering a $2,000 customer loyalty incentive this month to prevent a possible wave of owner defections in the wake of its admission of diesel emissions violations."

http://www.autonews.com/article/20151005/RETAIL/151009910/vw-offers-$2000-loyalty-bonus-to-avert-defections

"To ameliorate some of the pain being felt at the retailer level, Volkswagen in the United States is offering $2000 cash incentives to existing VW owners to staunch defections."

http://blog.caranddriver.com/vw-diesel-remedies-could-vary-from-new-software-to-new-car/
I have been pricing 2017 Passat SE's and the best price I have found is around $21,700. I am not seeing the $2,000 loyalty incentive on top of that, and that could be a game changer for me as well.

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
That sort of thing might persuade me to look at a GTI if it is still available 2 years from now.

kevin_in_idaho

Veteran Member
TDI
Returned 2012 Sportwagen DSG Pano White
I've been stating this for a long time. VW should have made it very easy for customers to stay customers; whether it be trade straight across or some other huge incentive. $2K isn't enough. By keeping customers VW would have kept their base, kept their dealers happy, kept the service bays busy, sold more accessories, etc. Instead, hundreds of thousands of people are going to buy something else. They missed a huge opportunity.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
A lot of us are already irrevocably committed to our non VW replacements. I was hoping that something would have been announced earlier, but it never was. So CPO BMW, here I come.

JCTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, Platinum Gray/Art Gray
I would consider this if they were also offering 0% financing . . . Have you heard anything about that? The current 60 month 0% financing offer on the GSW ends Oct. 31st. I'll bet they will introduce another one in November though.

Last edited:

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
If it were two years from now, and I was getting the same kind of deal we got on this Passat TDI, and they plopped down $2K on top of that...yeah, I'd consider it. Maybe. That TSI sounds a bit lackluster to me, and it's paired with a slushbox.

LogicBomb

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat
If it were two years from now, and I was getting the same kind of deal we got on this Passat TDI, and they plopped down $2K on top of that...yeah, I'd consider it. Maybe. That TSI sounds a bit lackluster to me, and it's paired with a slushbox.

I think VW will have a hard time retaining as many as they like, largely due to the lack of a manual option on their gassers.

jims2321

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta TDI 6mt, sold back, replacement 2017 Golf GTI Autobahn
I stopped by a few VW dealers in the Metro Atlanta area. I think the biggest turn off on getting another VW, is that their models are sorta long in the tooth for those cars I might look to replace my Jetta with. That and I am tired of car shopping, 2 cars in 3 months and now start looking for a replacement for my Jetta. I am just going to rotate driving my '94 stang and my wife's Subie for a while. Maybe in the spring I will rethink the entire car buying and see if there are any incentives from VW that might tempt me.

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
I just don't get it! I need a wagon, I want the DSG, no sunroof, pleather seats, light package.....13 gallon tank!!!!!! I mean really????

TDILeo

Veteran Member
TDI
CW 2011 Golf TDI 6M Repurchased By VW 1/30/17 1985 VW GTI
It will be interesting to see if VW corporate offers some insane loyalty incentive after the 18th. I don't think they can make offers or direct their dealer network under terms of the court order until after that date.

Now, I am under no illusion that this might happen, but if offered a 'too good to pass up' loyalty incentive, I MIGHT consider a GTI rather than an older MB diesel that I seek. But it would have to be a pretty exceptional incentive.

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
Too late VW. I'm already mentally committed to a Mini since the dealership had nothing i wanted anyway. 2k is not enough for me to even consider anything else. 5 or 6k maybe. not 2k.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I think VW will have a hard time retaining as many as they like, largely due to the lack of a manual option on their gassers.
I think people here are giving them too much credit. By now, VW has conducted focus groups and knows that the vast majority of CR TDI owners are jumping ship.

I could see dealerships cutting deals on the leftover new TDIs to get rid of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if VWOA doesn't come out with another round of "loyalty" incentives.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Too late VW. I'm already mentally committed to a Mini since the dealership had nothing i wanted anyway. 2k is not enough for me to even consider anything else. 5 or 6k maybe. not 2k.
What I'm getting from this post is that a mental commitment is....flexible.

daesania

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Jetta Sportwagen
What I'm getting from this post is that a mental commitment is....flexible.
maybe. I don't know. I'm pretty well settled on the mini and VW doesn't really have anything that would draw me in. Maybe the tiguan but that's a huge maybe.

dashlock

TDI
2014 Passat SE 6m, 2013 Passat SEL
the incentive is expired

As I am looking at prices of new 2017 Passat SE gassers. I have not seen this loyalty incentive at dealerships. Has anyone seen this incentive at dealerships now? Is this some incentive that VW will offer in the future?
"Volkswagen of America is offering a $2,000 customer loyalty incentive this month to prevent a possible wave of owner defections in the wake of its admission of diesel emissions violations."

http://www.autonews.com/article/20151005/RETAIL/151009910/vw-offers-$2000-loyalty-bonus-to-avert-defections

"To ameliorate some of the pain being felt at the retailer level, Volkswagen in the United States is offering $2000 cash incentives to existing VW owners to staunch defections."

http://blog.caranddriver.com/vw-diesel-remedies-could-vary-from-new-software-to-new-car/
I have been pricing 2017 Passat SE's and the best price I have found is around $21,700. I am not seeing the $2,000 loyalty incentive on top of that, and that could be a game changer for me as well.

Notice the article was written 10/05/2015. It was an incentive in late 2015 that only lasted a few months. I had found the reference in early 2016 and it was already expired.

finny_amour

TDI
2012 JSW TDI
I've sent out a few emails asking location dealerships if they will be offering incentives (to encourage TDI owners to stick with VW). One told me that they are unsure of what the November incentives are and another said to come see him when I do my buyback.
At this point I'm pretty committed to the idea of purchasing a Mazda. However, with a "can't turn it down" incentive... I MAY consider an Alltrack of GSW.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
I've sent out a few emails asking location dealerships if they will be offering incentives (to encourage TDI owners to stick with VW). One told me that they are unsure of what the November incentives are and another said to come see him when I do my buyback.
At this point I'm pretty committed to the idea of purchasing a Mazda. However, with a "can't turn it down" incentive... I MAY consider an Alltrack of GSW.
I doubt they give any incentives on an Alltrack. They just hit the dealerships. And there don't seem to be many there. I have a feeling that dealers won't be giving many discounts as they have all these people coming in with a big check in their hand and no cars to drive home with. Could be a chance for them to recoup some of their losses.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
You could probably get a heck of a deal on that used 1980 Diesel Rabbit that they have way, way back in the lot. :rolleyes:

finny_amour

TDI
2012 JSW TDI
I doubt they give any incentives on an Alltrack. They just hit the dealerships. And there don't seem to be many there. I have a feeling that dealers won't be giving many discounts as they have all these people coming in with a big check in their hand and no cars to drive home with. Could be a chance for them to recoup some of their losses.
Good point. I guess we'll see what happens.

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
2K off is an annual promo for them, so not worth getting worked up about, I got over 1K on top just walking in the door, and in talking to others I'm met in parking lots etc in the last 3 yrs..

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG
I've all but moved on from VW. I bought a 2012 CPO Nissan Leaf SL last week with 27k miles. I've got the 240v charger set up and the car is being 'nursed' as I type.

My closest VW dealer (where I bought my Jetta) is 75 miles away - on the day I turn in the car and grab that $25,907 check my brother will be there to drive me home. Check goes in the bank and I'll be looking for a longer distance gas powered car shortly after. Maybe a used AWD Subi or a nice luxo-barge such as a Buick Lucerne or fully equipped Taurus or the like. Something in the $10k range. If I stumble across a 2002-6 TDI I may have a change of heart and give another VW a chance.

I like economy cars - and who know what the price of fuel will be in 1-3 years from now? I pay $.041 per KWH for electricity. Less than $1 to charge the Leaf from almost depleted to full. I like that! And I can golf 5 days before needing to charge it - but I put it on the charger every day after driving it.

The Leaf is pretty cool. I'm still learning all the electronic wizardry it contains. At 60mph there is very little road noise - just some wind noise. Very quiet. It handles very well. I was surprised at how well it handles. Too bad it only has an 80 mile range - I couldn't afford a used Tesla.

akafirestorm

TDI
JSW 2011
Yep I'm looking to Mazda as well if VW can't come up with something pretty awesom!

Cincy_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat SE TDI
I am at a complete loss what I will replace my TDI with. Looked at the alltrak, like the gold like the outback, like the CRV. A must is CarPlay which is still hard to find.. ugh.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
There are some people who are champing at the bit on this, just like those who couldn't wait until today to get more information on the approval of the settlement. I think there's a good argument for waiting here, too. We're holding onto the car until the end of the buyback window in 2018, we'll see.

HBarlow

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen, 2016 Audi Q5 TDI
I am at a complete loss what I will replace my TDI with. Looked at the alltrak, like the gold like the outback, like the CRV. A must is CarPlay which is still hard to find.. ugh.
Your statement sounds like you don't like any other product as well as you do your TDI.

That was my situation. I genuinely like and appreciate the TDI and prefer German cars.