Vw jetta 19tdi 2006 failing flywheel

Lysander

TDI
Vw jetta 19 tdi mk5
Hello guys im new here and would like to ask you this:
Recently my flywheel has been going bad and my local mechanic told me clutch and flywheel has to be replaced. All symptoms of bad flywheel example rattling noise, vibration on clutch pedal when pressing it a bit etc and rattling noise on low revs while accelarating. 2 days later check engine light came on.
my question is :did the check engine light turn on because of the flywheel failing? As i havent scanned the car yet . TIA
**Not driving it since it came on.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Hello guys im new here and would like to ask you this:
Recently my flywheel has been going bad and my local mechanic told me clutch and flywheel has to be replaced. All symptoms of bad flywheel example rattling noise, vibration on clutch pedal when pressing it a bit etc and rattling noise on low revs while accelarating. 2 days later check engine light came on.
my question is :did the check engine light turn on because of the flywheel failing? As i havent scanned the car yet . TIA
**Not driving it since it came on.
Check engine light and flywheel are likely not related. Read the codes and see what that is.

Lysander

TDI
Vw jetta 19 tdi mk5
Hey just fixed the clutch and flywheel and checked the check engine light . The fault was coming from the egr system still have ti diagnose what thenproblem is. Now the thing is this. After dmf and clutch installing the car is almost failing to crank il post you a vid to show
You. Has some strange noises in the flywheel if you manage to hear it well. Appreciate any help! Now this didnt happen to me before i changed the dmf and clutch.

Last edited:

backfast61

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI automatic,2006 VW Jetta TDI 5 speed
Having done a couple of DMF replacements myself… couple of questions.. what flywheel did you get..? I have found that it’s simpler to always order my parts from a reliable vendor like IDPARTS.
I used the LUK dmf from them…. Don’t force anything back together. Make sure transmission is aligned properly…. Make sure all bolts are torqued properly to specs. Make sure starter and wiring is all back together. While you have transmission and battery box out check and clean all the grounds…
Hope this helps.