VW Golf is 50 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
This is why I love the beetles. Recently almost had a chance to buy a gorgeous red 94 miata with silky tan leather. Had 80k on it and had been sitting for the last 5 years in a guys garage. Ran and drove (needed general tlc from sitting) $3k. Sold in the first 30min of being listed. I barely missed it.
I was looking at the na and nb miatas about 8 or 9 years ago. They were a dime a dozen back then. When my cousin told me what they were going for last year, I didn't believe her. She loves hers, and has no plans to sell it any time soon. $3k is an absolute steal these days, no surprise it sold instantly. Even though they made a gazillion of them, they are one of those cars that will just continue to appreciate.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
Thanks for the reply. While we are teaching our children in elementary school how to be homos, and Transgenders, China and other countries are teaching their children to be Scientists and engineers, Whats going on here ? We spend more money on our children's education then any other country in the world and when ours graduate their dumber then a box of rocks.
False and totally irrelevant intolerance. If that's all you've got to contribute, don't bother.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
If we're teaching our children to be trans or gay we're failing miserably at it- Less than 1% of the population are trans and less than 10% are gay. Those numbers haven't increased greatly over the decades, what we're seeing is an uncovering phenomenon where as trans and gay folks come out it seems there are more, but they've always been there. If you want to blame someone for producing gays, as Harvey Milk noted almost all of them were created by heterosexuals!

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
You’ve obviously never been to South Texas

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I know people get all wound up in election years, but this is not the place for trashy political discourse.

John Wesley Hardin

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Jetta 1.9 Diesel GLS , Five Speed Standard Shift
If we're teaching our children to be trans or gay we're failing miserably at it- Less than 1% of the population are trans and less than 10% are gay. Those numbers haven't increased greatly over the decades, what we're seeing is an uncovering phenomenon where as trans and gay folks come out it seems there are more, but they've always been there. If you want to blame someone for producing gays, as Harvey Milk noted almost all of them were created by heterosexuals!
Well I havent seen any Transgender Rocket scientists lately or in the last decades, so its working haha

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
And feral pigs run from helicopters

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
We very well might have lost WW2 without the genius of Alan Turing. He was thanked by being chemically castrated.

John Wesley Hardin

Veteran Member
TDI
NASA has a bunch of 'em. Seriously, gays are over represented in the sciences.
Well that is just wonderful, I think I'll drive to NASA in Houston and hug a Homo! In my TDI Jetta of course. I should average about 45 MPG. Tires properly inflated , fresh air filter and recent oil change while enjoying the countryside and wildlife along the way.

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
That reminds me John, why is a "Real American" such as yourself driving a tiny car built by a GLBT+ inclusive company when Cummins 12 Valves and such are available? Just think of the wimpy example you're setting for our youth! (LOL)

John Wesley Hardin

Veteran Member
TDI
We very well might have lost WW2 without the genius of Alan Turing. He was thanked by being chemically castrated.
That reminds me John, why is a "Real American" such as yourself driving a tiny car built by a GLBT+ inclusive company when Cummins 12 Valves and such are available? Just think of the wimpy example you're setting for our youth! (LOL)
I know Im not setting a very good example for those squat peeing little fellers

J_dude

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 1.9l “Jedi”
Okay you guys... 🙄
Let's keep this on topic before you get this one locked too.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Status
Not open for further replies.