VW Extended Warrenties question.

aliasbane

TDI
Passat 2013
So who here has a extended VWcare warranty that thinks it is kinda crap that we paid extra for something that is virtually useless unless you keep the car but even then...

I feel like the better warranty and sales tax really needs to be amended to the deal and I would be 100% in...

There is to much a loss for the customer in this entire scandal.

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
I bought the extended warranty when I bought my car. Looking back I wish I wouldn't have after doing more research on them. Oh well lesson learned for the future. However you can cancel at anytime and get a prorated amount back. I just canceled mine. It was super painless and it took less then 10mins in the dealership to do it.

dgoodhue

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 6MT JSW
I didn't buy the extended warranty (I almost never do) and was second guessing myself after seeing some of the expensive repairs. Obviously now I don't regret that decision.

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
I bought the extended warranty when I bought my car. Looking back I wish I wouldn't have after doing more research on them. Oh well lesson learned for the future. However you can cancel at anytime and get a prorated amount back. I just canceled mine. It was super painless and it took less then 10mins in the dealership to do it.
Were they able to tell you how much you'd get back by canceling the service?

instantcrow

TDI
2015 GSW SE manual
I have a '15 GSW SE. I too bought the 5year/100k extended warranty. I phoned the dealer and asked for a general cancellation with refund. The dealer advised that I should wait until the settlement is finalized as the buyback amount will include all elements of purchase contract including any VW extended warranty. At the same time he freely offered a cancellation and refund. This sounds like a rumor designed to stall my cancellation...but not sure. Any ideas?

tactdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5 Jetta
The dealer advised that I should wait until the settlement is finalized as the buyback amount will include all elements of purchase contract including any VW extended warranty. At the same time he freely offered a cancellation and refund. This sounds like a rumor designed to stall my cancellation...but not sure. Any ideas?
The filed settlement papers do not have any phrasing that includes specific compensation for extended warranty costs. I would agree, that this is
a stall tactic.

PC Dave

Veteran Member
TDI
Other
I have a seven year platinum warranty on my 2012 JSW that went into effect in mid-April, 2014. My read of the settlement is that I can accept the buyout for at least two more years; I'll keep the warranty in case of HPFP or other maladies until I decide to take the buyout, then turn it in for whatever's left. If I had a 2015 I would turn it in today, but being out of original warranty, it's worth keeping as peace of mind that lets me drive the car for another couple of years for free (<1,042 miles per month).