Vw dealer for rust warranty

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
Hi everyone

Wondering if anybody has dealt with a dealer lately regarding rust. My 13 Golf wagon has a couple small patches on the trunk lid, along with a very small spot that's begun bubbling in the left rear corner by the tail light. I've heard in the past that it can be tough to get a dealer to honour the rust warranty, unless there's a large amount of rust, a hole, etc. So before I start going around to different dealers, I'd like to go to one that will be more likely to honour the warranty

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
This is one of the many reasons having an actual location in your profile is worthwhile. In any post you then make if someone happens to have local knowledge they can chime in.

My experiences with the twin cities area dealers were all very positive and easy but also are getting to be awhile ago. My a4 had rust repaired twice while I had it (fenders replaced and rockers repaired). My a5, the PO had some rust repaired and I had more done just before the rust warranty expired.

YMMV with other areas/dealers. I do know they will look for external factors (chip, dent, etc) and refuse to fix those situations.

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
I went to Mississauga VW, they took me in same day for an appointment and I spoke directly to the body shop manager, should get most items covered he said but it'll be a few months probably

tims944

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2006 mk5 tdi-SOLD 1989 944 s2 BHW swapped
I went to Mississauga VW, they took me in same day for an appointment and I spoke directly to the body shop manager, should get most items covered he said but it'll be a few months probably
I begged and pleaded over a dozen phone calls directly to vw canada for my tail gate on my '15 sportwagen....

end result wont cover it... the coverage for the tail gate itself is not 12 years..

i complained and complained, they gave me a credit.. woopidydo.. the new tail gate is 1300... they wont even fix mine cause its too bad to fix but also wont replace it cause not covered what a joke.

i have had the worst rust claim experience on all my vws saddly...

maybe they just hate quebecers...

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
Anyone get the rockers covered under rust warranty?

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
I begged and pleaded over a dozen phone calls directly to vw canada for my tail gate on my '15 sportwagen....

end result wont cover it... the coverage for the tail gate itself is not 12 years..

i complained and complained, they gave me a credit.. woopidydo.. the new tail gate is 1300... they wont even fix mine cause its too bad to fix but also wont replace it cause not covered what a joke.

i have had the worst rust claim experience on all my vws saddly...

maybe they just hate quebecers...
Not sure what to say, but I have a feeling it also depends on the dealer and who submits the claim. I worked a long time ago in warranty (albeit not for vw), and some things were so easy to warranty it was a joke. The dealer was so relaxed about getting the hatch covered, they said it wouldn't be a problem, so I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from them

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
Nothing so far, I called almost a month ago to get an update and the body shop manager told me VW is still processing the claim... When I initially went to a different VW dealer, I was told it takes VW 3 months to get back on claims, so i'm nearing the 3 month mark in a week and a bit. I'll be calling to get another update in the next week or so

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
Nothing so far, I called almost a month ago to get an update and the body shop manager told me VW is still processing the claim... When I initially went to a different VW dealer, I was told it takes VW 3 months to get back on claims, so i'm nearing the 3 month mark in a week and a bit. I'll be calling to get another update in the next week or so
Thanks for the update, I pulled my front fender liners back to clear the crud. I will have to take mine to a VW dealer to file a claim and see.

Found this but it references the upper fender however mine is rusting at the rocker panel, lower fender

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
Thanks for the update, I pulled my front fender liners back to clear the crud. I will have to take mine to a VW dealer to file a claim and see.

Found this but it references the upper fender however mine is rusting at the rocker panel, lower fender
Mine is showing signs of rust, but as mentioned the dealer did take pictures and said from past experience that rockers are generally covered. Guess I will find out hopefully in the next couple of weeks

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
Mine is showing signs of rust, but as mentioned the dealer did take pictures and said from past experience that rockers are generally covered. Guess I will find out hopefully in the next couple of weeks
Thanks keep us posted

Speedmaster_102

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Golf Sportwagen TDI
First mistake is that you went to Mississauga VW. They're under new owners as of March of this year and the quality of the service they provide to the customer is terrible.

Don Valley VW is another option, there's also Humberview VW.

Johhny04

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
I've had warranty work done at Don Valley and it was a good experience however, last week I was driving by in the area and noticed a new sign outside. I think they are under new ownership as well.

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
First mistake is that you went to Mississauga VW. They're under new owners as of March of this year and the quality of the service they provide to the customer is terrible.

Don Valley VW is another option, there's also Humberview VW.
They are not under new ownership, it's still the same group, they are under new management, and yes I know they have a bad reputation.

Humberview VW wanted me to wait 2 months to even get an appointment so they can inspect the rust and submit a claim to VW, which after would've been a 3 month wait, so 5 months right there. I haven't hit 3 months yet since going in for the inspection... You also have to remember that it's one thing to go for the inspection, and it's another to when their staff submits the claim to VW, it may not be same day... I called the other day and they're still waiting for a response. I'm hopeful by the end of this month i'll hear back

Reactions: GD

cdi320

Veteran Member
TDI
Cdi
Update: received a call from the bodyshop manager and vw has approved every repair. Both rockers, the tailgate, and the rear quarter panel. I will be bringing the car in the next week and then should have it back in a few weeks after that. They kept their word on the timeline as it's been almost 3 months to date since the claim was initially put in

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
Update: received a call from the bodyshop manager and vw has approved every repair. Both rockers, the tailgate, and the rear quarter panel. I will be bringing the car in the next week and then should have it back in a few weeks after that. They kept their word on the timeline as it's been almost 3 months to date since the claim was initially put in
Good to know, will have to take mine in. Thinking Don Valley VW even though Pickering VW is nearby