VW dealer and regional rep denying 'Conflicts concerning the warranty are to be resolved in favor of the consumer'

evo66

TDI
15 golf tdi, 11 touareg tdi
So I have a 2011 touareg tdi still covered under the extended warranty,

In simple terms, I have an oil leak that has been seen by two different dealers who have replaced the same hose.... first at the 2nd dealer they stated it was the turbo (which I had a VERY strong suspicion it was from the start) they ordered it and had us wait but what do they instead replace? the same hose as dealer one.. So I open a case with VWNA, it goes back in, dealer states leak is normal, regional rep states they side with their dealers ability (cant remember her exact words on dealer but it was pretty much they side with what they say) and that if I want a 2nd opinion I can go to a different dealer.... So I ask her if this would be a conflict, she won't answer, I ask again and then state the word for word conflict wording from the warranty and she states again they side with their dealer...

So as I wait for emails back from lawyers, tired of getting bs'd around, I thought I would ask what yall think

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I think I am taking very good care of my old TDIs. No warranty, no dealers, no drama, no issues. Sorry, do not really know what else to say as you have not made it clear what the exact issue is, and what you think it would take to repair it (regardless of who is paying for the repair).

I repair cars all the time that *should* be a warranted item, but the manufacturer gives the owner the runaround to the point they just give up... they need their car to just "work".

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Doesn't matter what we think really. You just either pursue the warranty and all that entails or pay or DIY. The warranty path isn't necessarily easy but it can be productive if you handle it correctly. At this point it will be wait for the lawyers it sounds like.

craigldavis

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW M/T; 2014 Q7
Simple - did replacing the hose fix the problem? If yes are they denying it as warranty? That’s a conflict regarding the warranty.

If replacing the hose didn’t fix it what does the dealer plan to do next to fix the problem. Once the diagnose it you can discuss if warranty will cover the next repair attempt.

evo66

TDI
15 golf tdi, 11 touareg tdi
Simple - did replacing the hose fix the problem? If yes are they denying it as warranty? That’s a conflict regarding the warranty.

If replacing the hose didn’t fix it what does the dealer plan to do next to fix the problem. Once the diagnose it you can discuss if warranty will cover the next repair attempt.
did you even read the whole op? dealer one replaces hose as fix for leak, leak still leaking, dealer two replaces same hose as dealer 1 and says leak is normal, so they do not plan to fix it.......

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
If VW was willing to cheat governments and consumers with their Dieselgate ordeal, what would stop them from making up bogus claims to deny warranty coverage to the individual owner? (Hint: NOTHING)

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Nothing stops anyone from lying or cheating or committing evil deeds. You just have to work the system if you have too. The court didn't order an easy button.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Are you even being realistic about this?
I've had numerous arguments about TDI FIX warranty on my TDI.
The bottom line is, the Dealer will only fix (or attempt to fix) what they will get paid for (Read, what VW agrees to pay for).

Nobody who isn't getting paid cares if your car is broken, working, partially working, or fixed properly. (well, some of us enthusiasts on here might, but very few if any.....)

You basically need to keep trying until the arguing effort becomes greater than the fixing effort, at which point you will just fix it on your own dime. (ask me how I know about this)

craigldavis

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW M/T; 2014 Q7
did you even read the whole op? dealer one replaces hose as fix for leak, leak still leaking, dealer two replaces same hose as dealer 1 and says leak is normal, so they do not plan to fix it.......
Sorry - I missed where you said the second dealer claims a leaking hose is normal. That’s insane.

I have more ideas on this from my experiences and I’ll share when I have a moment to send them along.

viper550

TDI
14 JSW 6M, 15 Q5 TDI S-Line
So I have a 2011 touareg tdi still covered under the extended warranty,

In simple terms, I have an oil leak that has been seen by two different dealers who have replaced the same hose.... first at the 2nd dealer they stated it was the turbo (which I had a VERY strong suspicion it was from the start) they ordered it and had us wait but what do they instead replace? the same hose as dealer one.. So I open a case with VWNA, it goes back in, dealer states leak is normal, regional rep states they side with their dealers ability (cant remember her exact words on dealer but it was pretty much they side with what they say) and that if I want a 2nd opinion I can go to a different dealer.... So I ask her if this would be a conflict, she won't answer, I ask again and then state the word for word conflict wording from the warranty and she states again they side with their dealer...

So as I wait for emails back from lawyers, tired of getting bs'd around, I thought I would ask what yall think

Wow! This sounds a lot like my experience. Although for a different problem. You can find my experience here starting with post #77: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.ph...covered-under-extended-warranty.497317/page-3

Bottom line is, if they don't feel like covering it they will just pressure the dealership to change the diagnosis to get out of having to pay.

Last edited: