VW Credit - wow it didn't long for them to sell me out

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to own a 2002 Jetta TDI - Black/Black
I went to buy a 2010 TDI and have it financed through VW credit. We eventually decided against buying it now due to several factors (price being one of them), but we did fill out a credit app.

So today, about a week later - comes a large white envelope in the mail from VW Credit - I'm thinking that it's a letter relating to that.

Instead, it's an pamphlet for Auto Insurance for VW owners. Lovely, I don't need your services and you sell my name. Way to remind me about my car that I loved so much and can't drive anymore - Thanks for the memory VW - just jamb that air bag into my chest a bit harder.

I'm going to remember that the next time I buy a VW, and demand a reduced price on the car since obviously VW made some money selling my name.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
It's not like they posted your name on the Internet. It's just a company that VW credit apparently partners with. if you want to be immune to such offers, arrange your own credit.

When I bought my 06, I went through my credit union and had absolutely no additional offers of any kind.

Accusing them of "selling your name" is really kind of an overreaction...............VOA is not in the business of looking out for your emotional well being. They are in the business of selling cars at a profit.

Rockwater

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagen, manual
You might check the paperwork you submitted for the credit app. I remember having to decide whether or not to receive VW promotions, etc. as part of my paperwork.

MayorDJQ

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Golf 2dr 6m, sold.
Are you new to the US? I get 3-5 credit card offers every week. I tear them up and toss them in the recycling bin. I don't keep track of each one to hold the various vendors responsible. I'm sure Sears sold my info when I signed up for my Sears card. I'm not going to try to shake down Sears next time I need a tool.

Let us know what kind of discount a Dealer gives you for this ordeal.

Waldek Walrus

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Beetle TDI
I got one of these letters from VW Credit over the weekend. I have never given any information to VW Credit, so this had to come via VW. This is what paper shredders are for...