VW Audi rebuilt by Cummins

Jet 02

TDI
2002 Jetta, Vanagon AHU project
Does anyone have any information on the VW Audi of Canada, factory rebuilt engines, rebuilt by Cummins O.E.R. Example PN 028 100 008HX
This appears to be a rebuilt 1Z
Thanks
Jet 02
;)

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Volkswagen had a remanufacturing facility in Canada some years back, but I am pretty sure it is gone now. Supposedly, at that time, Chrysler also was using the same place (maybe a third party?) I've not gotten anything from there in quite a while though. Lately (as in the last decade) it all comes from Germany, Czech Republic, Mexico, or Turkey.

Not sure where Cummins fits into this, but maybe they too used the place, and still do.

Jet 02

TDI
2002 Jetta, Vanagon AHU project
Rebuilt

Thanks, Oilhamer.
The VW/AUDI "gold" tag has the statement rebuilt by Cummins E.O.R. So Cummings may have run the plant.
No engine number stamped into the block and what looks like a casting date is 13A99. (Did they use a new block?) Head is 1Z or AHU style. Pump is a 0 460 404 970, with a ribbed case. Pump had a sticker on it from a diesel shop in Texas. Timing cover sticker has a 1Z number. So I’m going to call it a 1Z. It would be nice if they used a '99 short block with the later pistons but who knows. Bought off ebay from a dismantler in Texas, years back.
Jet 02

Jayg

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Jetta 6MT-VW bought back as a lemon
Volkswagen had a remanufacturing facility in Canada some years back, but I am pretty sure it is gone now. Supposedly, at that time, Chrysler also was using the same place (maybe a third party?) I've not gotten anything from there in quite a while though. Lately (as in the last decade) it all comes from Germany, Czech Republic, Mexico, or Turkey.

Not sure where Cummins fits into this, but maybe they too used the place, and still do.

Chysler/Mitsubishi. I got a reman shortblock 4G63 from that Canadian plant several years ago.