VW/Audi OEM Washer Fluid

kennethsime

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5-Speed Baltic Green
ID Parts doesn't seem to stock the OEM VW/Audi Washer Fluid anymore. I remember it smelling the best! Where can I find this stuff?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
In my trash can. That stuff imo was and is garbage and over priced compared to products like rainx wiper fluid.
Nice to see somone use OEM stuff though.
You do realize that they use cheep stuff watered down. Why spend the $ to sell a car when you dont have to.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
If you're that picky, mix your own, you can buy any fragrance you like, cheap.
I'm a stickler for name brand fluids in both my VW and our Honda, but I would feel funny buying washer fluid from VW. But go ahead and check, on rare occasions dealer parts can be reasonable.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
In my trash can. That stuff imo was and is garbage and over priced compared to products like rainx wiper fluid.
Nice to see somone use OEM stuff though.
You do realize that they use cheep stuff watered down. Why spend the $ to sell a car when you dont have to.
e
yeah they just add their concentrate to it. Rainx is the best. all i use. I complain when they top off my fluid. have had them drain it, and fill with rainx. the new silicone rainx wipers are friggin awesome too.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
only complaint about rainx i have is it builds up over time and starts to make my wipers skip around, easy enough with some soapy water to take ti back down, about once in the summer is about right, dam bugs. its a game changer. i remember when it came out and i didn't have to apply it manually any more.