VW 1.9 TDi Tuning parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4turbod

TDI
Audi A4 1.9TDi 90 Ming Blue pearl
I looking for tuning parts for my A4 1.9TDi.
Audi A4 by the way. not a golf A4 confusing eh?

Can you fit Dump valves to a TDi?

Cams? i seen cams for GM TDis.

Hybrid Turbos? options? I know theres a new beetle buzzin around wi a bigger wheel.

I Got a chip and need more power.

I know that most chips don't Raise the boost Know any that do?

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Also read the "power enhancements" section here.

Before you make yourself look silly ... a "dump valve" (or blow-off valve) serves no purpose on a diesel engine. The function on a gasoline engine is to give the boost pressure someplace to go when the throttle is closed abruptly. Since a diesel engine doesn't HAVE a throttle ...

I've not heard of any cams that are available, but there's little to be gained anyway. The stock cams have no overlap, but you cannot have valve overlap in an engine with 19.5:1 compression. The stock cams don't have much duration, but you don't need long duration cams on a relatively small engine with 4700 rpm redline.

Most chips DO raise the boost pressure to the safe limit of the otherwise stock engine and turbocharger. Going beyond that without doing something about the turbo or the engine is risky.

If you want to go beyond chip, think bigger injectors, bigger turbo, higher boost pressure, lowered compression ratio, altered ECU mapping to make it all work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.