Volatile situation at Service department, Am I off base and what should I do?

Moltenburn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 B7 Passat 2.0 TDI
So I take my 2013 TDI Passat SE into dealer yesterday to get stereo update and to have the rattle in my passenger door fixed. This is the same Rattle that others have had at 2500 RPM.

So they come back at me mid day Weds to say they could not replicate the rattle. So I explain it happens in cold weather and yesterday it was 60 degrees out when they tested for it. So it was going to be a cold evening in denver and said " put the car outside and test it first thing in morning. Shop foreman agreed to do this.I take Loaner (2012 Jetta TDI, Which is a POS by the way)

Flash forward to today I call a three hours after opening to see what they know. Now here is the part that is getting my Goat. Per Service Advisor The Tech was able to replicate the rattle but when he went back to work on it the car would not rattle again. They said they want to keep the car overnight again.:( The advisor said they had it pinpointed with in a six inch area but would not even start the repair unless they had it pinpointed in. At this point I am like W T F!!! You have it with in a six inch area and that is not good enought to install a rattle kit? :eek:

So I say to the Advisor how do I have any faith in you this will not happen again tomorrow morning let alone might it be cold enough to even get the door to rattle. He has no answer other than we gave you a courtesy vehicle.

So I am furious and I am waiting to hear from the Service manager. I told the advisor I want the door torn apart and insulated today, regardless of said pinpointing and he should relay this to his manager.

So am I being a Dick by thinking they could drag this out for weeks and will not fix anything. Also if you folks feel I am being impatient on the ordeal what should my expectations be? Also for those who feel I am justified for them wasting my time and holding my car to long, what should I demand from the dealer or who should I complain to.

Finally I am holding off on calling VWof A until I hear from Service manager.

Rant complete

Last edited:

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
Sounds like they are doing a decent job to me and that you might be overreacting a tad... just my 2 cents.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
You might be being a dick...a little dick, but still a dick. Give them a littel time. :)

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
I agree with the previous 3 posters. Spend your energy evaluating the Jetta TDI and report why you really think it's a POS!!!

Moltenburn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 B7 Passat 2.0 TDI
Fair enough gents I will give them another day. Appreciate you setting me straight.

jhsjr2

TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
something I have noticed on these forums: There is no shortage of brand new VW's having issues, and there is no shortage of forum members who always come straight to the defense of VW.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
something I have noticed on these forums: There is no shortage of brand new VW's having issues, and there is no shortage of forum members who always come straight to the defense of VW.
I'm afraid you will find the same thing on any other forum. It isnt just VW. I've noticed, especially with diesel folks that they are very anxious to report on all aspects of their cars.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Fair enough gents I will give them another day. Appreciate you setting me straight.
After some time in the Jetta it sounds like you will really enjoy getting your car back. It will be worth it!:D

in2dwww

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2010 Jetta TDI Sedan 6MT - sold
Lindsay VW in Sterling, VA did this to me as well. They won't fix the "bee in a can" because it's intermittent. The Fender stereo is another issue. Good luck.

in2dwww

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2010 Jetta TDI Sedan 6MT - sold
If all VW owners were happy, forums like this wouldn't exist.

Moltenburn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 B7 Passat 2.0 TDI
After some time in the Jetta it sounds like you will really enjoy getting your car back. It will be worth it!:D

True this. I have driven the TDI JSW which is not to bad, alot like my Golf TDI, but Damn the new Jetta TDI Sedan folks are getting hosed. Drive train is same as others, but holy crap did they cheap out on this car. I would buy a 2.5 S Jetta before the TDI b/c they come almost similarly equipped. Plastic everything, no dedicated MFD, I was blown away that they don't get a fold away sunglass holder and no ashtray cover???

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
We are a hyper sensitive/critical bunch. That's why we're here.
VW has not failed with the OP yet. Yes, the dealer SHOULD have taken care of the issue earlier in the day, but hey, stuff happens.
He has a free loaner, a TDI, so his MPG won't suffer. I see no big loss for the OP at this time.

ChadS99SVT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG
which dealer out of curiosity? you can PM it to me if you want.

I have a few rattles, the one in the center of hte headliner on the sunroof controls is the only one I notice often.

anyone know what that's caused by. no I don't have anything in the sunglass cup thingo.

jhsjr2

TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
He has a free loaner, a TDI, so his MPG won't suffer. I see no big loss for the OP at this time.
Wish I'd have had the same luck. I was given a gasser, and didn't have nearly the features of my Premium.