Void warranty

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
Knowing VW, any chance they can get to void a warranty they DO IT.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
If it was totaled what need do you have for the extended warranty? Exactly what kind of meth are you talking about? You insurance should cover the totaled car.

holeintheice

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI SW
You're not reading my post. I asked does a total loss car. Salvaged title. Does VW cut ties per dieselgate warranty. My 11 year 162k mile warranty.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
It probably won't affect the warranty if you get it reregistered back for road use. But I wouldn't buy it back as I have heard of them finding drugs later in things like this and getting the new owner in trouble. A specific question like this needs the class action attorneys who handled the case or your own attorney to give you some semblance of what you are in for on many fronts.

06bluebeetletdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 Passat TDI SEL and '13 Beetle TDI
I know for recalls, anything besides safety is null and void on a totaled car, warranty extensions for clock spings, intake manifold (gas cars), etc are also void.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
They can also require to you make any other needed repairs and such too, before they will do any warranty work. As I said I wouldn't even bother. If you are getting it for next to nothing and are willing to do everything to get it registered again as an operating roadworthy vehicle and make sure there are absolutely no drugs left in the car, and you have the money and/or know how to DIY. Once roadworthy again I think they are still liable for just that warranty as it was court ordered. But they could still make your life extremely difficult. They do sometimes for just normal cars and owners.

borninabus

Veteran Member
TDI
-2013 JSW 6MT- -2006 Jetta DSG-
the dieselgate warranty applies to any car that is currently in service, including salvaged titles.

Berserk539

TDI
2014 Jetta
From the VWoA Warranty Policies and Procedures Manual:
2.1.2 Voided Warranty
EXCEPTIONS FOR TOTAL LOSS VEHICLES If a vehicle is identified with a "T" (total loss) status in ElsaPro, the vehicle's warranty is invalid with the exception of campaign and emissions claims, which can still be processed. Contact Volkswagen Warranty for campaign or emissions claims for a vehicle with a "T" status.

holeintheice

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI SW
Actually got a job as a tech. And yes it is covered. Called headquarters customer support something or another. And yes, federal emissions is still covered.