VNT17vb Kerma TDI hose adapter issue

Ghastly

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Sedan, 2009 Jetta Wagon
Did you get the adapter all the way in? I had a b**ch of a time actually installing it.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=4243618#post4243618

The adapter uses the same clip that the OEM hose used. The adapter I used came 2nd hand from Richptl, and he had under cut the 2 "hooks" that the clip lock onto.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly, but the "hook" in your picture, that the clip engages look different that the one I installed.

Last edited:

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Ive used a woodworking "c" clamp to aid pushing it all the way in.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I hate that stupid adapter. Such a pain in the ass. What I ended up doing on my 1756 was just using a oversized silicon adapter and tbolt clamp right over the compressor housing.

witchcraftz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I got the adapter all the way in, but the OEM clip just doesn't seem to fit. I's like it's the wrong shape?

VailPowder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan, 1998 New Beetle TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI
I got the adapter all the way in, but the OEM clip just doesn't seem to fit. I's like it's the wrong shape?
Please contact us by email and we'll help out... We found some are such tight tolerance that we use a different o ring

One way to check is to try to fit without the o ring

If that is not the reason, then Whatever we find we will get a solution or a replacement

All the best
Paul

VailPowder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan, 1998 New Beetle TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI
Better tight than loose!

Yes, up to a point.. We had 2 that did not fit with the O ring... So we had a second O ring

If anyone has a install issue we will get it sorted out ASAP

Have a great weekend
Paul

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Is that boost pipe just 1.25 inches on your cars? My standard ALH measure 1.5 inner diameter or 38mm, 45mm outer on the straight before it connects to the turbo.

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Anyway for anyone else who comes across this thread with the same issue, I bought the same thing but from over here, super tight and near impossible to slot home. Take the clip off and smear a bit of fresh oil over the new seal then it just slots home no bother, you can then get the clip on and it's all good to go.