Vmax

yahmon

Veteran Member
TDI
04 passat tdi 6spd stage2 webasto TC3 , 04 passatW8 6 spd, 10 Jetta TDI 6spd stage 1
Do the Kerma or Malone tunes take off that pesky 210km/hr Vmax on VW TDI's?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Just note that if you exceed that, you'll want to make sure the tires on the car are rated to go that fast. The H rated tires are why the 130 mph/210 kph limit is on the car in the first place.

I have seen the carnage to an H rated tire that came apart at about 145 mph... it wasn't pretty, and the driver is lucky to be alive.

V rated tires are good to 149 mph/240 kph.

yahmon

Veteran Member
TDI
04 passat tdi 6spd stage2 webasto TC3 , 04 passatW8 6 spd, 10 Jetta TDI 6spd stage 1
Just note that if you exceed that, you'll want to make sure the tires on the car are rated to go that fast. The H rated tires are why the 130 mph/210 kph limit is on the car in the first place.

I have seen the carnage to an H rated tire that came apart at about 145 mph... it wasn't pretty, and the driver is lucky to be alive.

V rated tires are good to 149 mph/240 kph.
I realized that, so can you reprogram the car with VW tools for v rated tires and change the limit that way? Have Z rated tires so no problem there.

Last edited:

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
^^^ what he said.

"upon request" of course does not preclude some pushback and pre-qualification, but the technical capability is no problem

yahmon

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the replies all, got it figured out.