Vendor Accountability Thread

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
I see the cylinder head picture is quite small... not sure what happened, but if you clic the mini-picture, you can see it full-size in my photo gallery.

BTW: As we are like to do, I welded up that nasty messed up cylinder head and it came out quite good. Not perfect, with a few small pin holes and a rough edge I'd call cosmetic, but a fully functional cylinder head.
As for that being a usable part, and what all has transpired, I think there is some consideration back to the mechanic, at least.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I see the cylinder head picture is quite small... not sure what happened, but if you clic the mini-picture, you can see it full-size in my photo gallery.

BTW: As we are like to do, I welded up that nasty messed up cylinder head and it came out quite good. Not perfect, with a few small pin holes and a rough edge I'd call cosmetic, but a fully functional cylinder head.
As for that being a usable part, and what all has transpired, I think there is some consideration back to the mechanic, at least.
I'll agree that, that is FOD. Piece of a blown turbo that was lodged in the intercooler perhaps? It would be small enough to make it through for sure.

Sucks either way but short of replacing the $300 part you run a risk.

Hope you're feeling better Frank. Injuries like that suck.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
A bit of an interesting couple of days past, but here goes.
The pictures for Curious Chris' 12,000 mile head with FOD (foreign object damage). You have already seen most of these Chris. I know you are putting this on me, but the cylinder head tells the story.

This picture shows a dent in the center of the initial damage. The intake valve was sheared off in a single piece, which then shattered into several smaller pieces. The deep dent could not be caused by the valve material itself and it also had a cylindrical shape. The subsequent damage of pieces of valve seat striking the cylinder head and valve show much less denting as the FOD. There are many other impacts that you can judge are the FOD making it's dents before exiting. No object was noted or found upon disassembly.

The shape and size of the FOD are clearly visible, as shown in the following pics.

These two pictures show the depth of the impact and the distance of a single piece broken off of the valve's seat area.

This last picture shows the FOD damage on the intake valve near the 2:30 position. The impact crossed both the valve and the bottom of the cylinder head. I don't know what the foreign object is, but I believe it is not any VW part or piece.

So, Chris, to finish this story, I was told I 'made a bad cylinder head' and you wanted something of value in exchange for it; a turbo as I remember. In warranty disputes, I always have done the same thing. I send a pre-paid UPS shipping label and examine the part. I don't recall the exact date I sent the label, but it was months before the cylinder head was returned. I admit, same as with Bryan, I have been swamped, but when you prompted me, I got the cylinder heads, the original one, that had valve leakage, and this one, which was destroyed, and did my analysis.

I did find the original head had a valve that was spinning out of round. I vacuum test heads, so I don't know If I missed it or not. I will not debate that, but then Nick showed up over a year ago, about 2 weeks after my wreck and picked up this replacement head. I am guessing it was about the third week of October, 2017. Then, I believe it was about 7/2018, I got the report the cylinder head destroyed itself and you wanted compensation. I made the label and then started waiting for stuff to show up. The cylinder head showed up in November, 2018.

If I had not seen the cylinder head, which you seemingly thought was not needed to be sent, I would not have found the FOD damage. All claims for warranty must follow protocol. I have the right to inspect the damaged item before determining validity of the claim. In this case, I find abuse by foreign object.

But I am sure you still want to lay the blame on me.

In all of the cylinder heads I have made, and people know, it's thousands, I have few failures. Admittedly, there have been some. Overall, people also know we back our product, but do not cover abuse.

Sorry, Chris. I would have liked to work with you, but I will not accept your claim. I am not, nor have I ever blamed (Nick, Greengeeker) for the cause of this damage. I have no way of knowing how the damage occurred,
It is not reasonable, as you claim, that a foreign body stuck in the head from the time I built it, only to fall out after at least 6 months and 12,000 miles.
Don't feel bad Frank. I have crap like this happen sometimes too. It's always the fault of the technician, no matter what and no matter what the mileage or time.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
That's FOD damage for sure. Looks like a screw or something, probably fell in the engine when being installed. Sadly, sh#t like this happens, :(

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
Did the valve loose it's angle or is that valve seat mated to the valve? If it lost it's angle/mating surface, could it have melted, and then pieces broke off and made it back to the seat surface?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
WildChild,

The obvious sign that there was FOD is the circular impression that crossed over from the valve seat to the cylinder head, causing a fracture on the valve seat. The seat was basically chopped off, in a shearing force, which by the way, I can only imagine happened at high speed.

Thank you, those who can see the same thing that I do. Although the other complaint, who decided to install a junkyard engine, has not responded, he and I came to a quick agreement. I guess the settlement suited him, as he has now, no complaint and also, no comment.

I will continue as I have before. Trust and verify.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I'll agree that, that is FOD. Piece of a blown turbo that was lodged in the intercooler perhaps? It would be small enough to make it through for sure.
Sucks either way but short of replacing the $300 part you run a risk.
Hope you're feeling better Frank. Injuries like that suck.
Posted at FRANK06

While I stand by hoping you are feeling better I cannot abide by the continued trash talk you do, of me, to my clients that call you looking for parts. I STILL hear it from recent customers that may or may not have bought parts from you recently. Jesus man....just stop with the BS. For F**** sake grow up. :rolleyes:

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
Well I guess it's my turn to share a tale here.
I had ordered a hotswap set of injectors through Kerma a few months back. Payment was easy, got the injectors in a timely fashion, sent in my cores and got my deposit back.
About 2-3 fuel tanks later, I noticed a significant drop in fuel economy. Sure I was expecting some with larger nozzles and a tune. But not going from 42mpg to 28, along with excessive white smoke 24/7. So I did what I always do on these forums. I read. A lot. Spent days pouring over the forums for a resolution. Between grandma driving my car, having DFIS rebuild my injection pump, (which, surprise, didn't need it) even going to the extent of emailing graphs to Malone. They said boost and air readings looked great. Issue lied elsewhere.
So did more reading. Dropped my IQ as far as 8 trying to help. No dice. Finally got ahold of a vendor, who found out my injectors I hot swapped were out of balance. Badly. So I sent them to him to get them repaired. I had done this, because unfortunately there are several other members here whom I've read had a very similar experience, and I didn't have the time to swap injectors repetitively. I initially wasn't going to seek out any compensation, but I was suggested to by another member.
So I called Kerma up yesterday, and I tried to explain my story. As soon as I got to the part where I said I sent them to another vendor for repair, he was immediately on the defense about the subject. It took me several times to finish explaining the situation, even one point of even asking him to stop interrupting me. Once I was done, he then proceeded to use scare tactics saying that if anyone other than Kerma builds their nozzles, there's a high chance that the nozzle will overheat and literally blow the tip off causing catastrophic damage. He also said all other nozzles that all other vendors sell, per verbatem, "are all garbage in comparison. Firad, titans, Wutzen. We sell the absolute best, and we are the only ones who know how to build them."
Ultimately I was denied any type of compensation, and was told to get ahold of someone else at Kerma to get anything. I'm not interested in jumping through hoops like this to get compensation for chasing my tail trying to fix my car. After the poor customer service I received, I don't want an in store credit or discount on any of their parts anymore.

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
Well, I called Kerma today to swap my tune to another car, was told that I had to have a new tune but they'd do it for 300...no thanks, I'll just swap the ECU and deal with the skc issue...I've got a vagtaco so it'll just take a few minutes longer.

I'll pay for a new tune if I want to tune a second car not to swap to another car with the same hardware

rtj49

TDI
2006 jetta
World Impex Company

Is World Impex CO still in business? Their phone number is now used by others.
Thanks
RTJ

vwjettadsl

TDI
TDI’s
May 22, 2020 I purchased a downpipe from xTDIx (Ken Matthews, TDIupgrades.com). The downpipe had the incorrect flange installed onto it he said, but his welder wouldn't be back for over a month. He said he would sell it for $250 shipped. I sent him money via PayPal friends and family to save him the fees (mistake!). I've done business with him off and on since 2017, never had an issue before. But I've never received the downpipe nor heard a peep from him since May 22. I've sent him emails and even a PM.

I'm hoping Ken steps up and makes it right, but given what others have experienced I'm doubtful. (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=506974)

First time I've ever been ripped off in my 15 years of being a part of the TDI community.

rhill2901

TDI
2014 VW Jetta
My Experience with Malone Tuning on my 2014 VW Jetta TDI Stage 4 upgrade (still not complete. no tune )

Prelude: I have no relationship with Malone Tuning. Just a previous Malone tune holder, stage 2 back in 2013 I tuned a 2013 VW Jetta TDI. It was awesome. Matter of fact, my experience was posted on Malone Tuning website for a while. This round, this year, my experience has been less than stellar. I'm just a customer of Malone Tuning, have no direct communications with them except for what they provide on their website. I don't have phone call, or text ability to them. Just a customer that purchased stage 4 tune for a 2014 VW Jetta TDI and a Stage 4 garrett 2056VK turbo kit.

Stage 4 tune installed and my experience has been terrible.

1. They don't respond in a timely manner.

2. I tell them I get an error ERR_INVALID_FILE on the flashzilla while its connected to the PC during tune uploading. They just send me another tune.

3. Only way I got Owain to actually contact me, was by posting my experience with them on Facebook and these forums. This advice was given to me by a Malone Tuning Dealer who says contacting them has gotten terrible.

4. When Owain did contact me via messenger, I got the impression that he was getting involved and will take care of it. Only reason he contacted me was to have me remove the post here, and on facebook or they will no longer help me. Next day, nothing. So I tried contacting him again. He sends me another tune that won't load on the flashzilla.

5. Now he doesn't reply to my emails, or my ticket requests.

6. My installer was really upset with Malone Tuning. They complained about the fitment of the kit, and lack of access to Malone Tuning personal during the install. They had indicated that communications have been poor with Malone Tuning and due to the delays of getting issues resolved, the cost of my install went up substantially. The installers even stated that at one point Malone Tuning was laughing at them for even continuing the install and should of just pushed the vehicle outside and told me come get it.

7. I'm at wits end. I want to keep the stage 4 kit, but my experiences say this is a really bad company. If Malone sent me a self addressed postage paid label, I would just pull the hardware if I knew he would actually reimburse me for it, and the software that I can't even load onto the flashzilla, and lastly the flashzilla. I've gotten quite a bit of money wrapped up in this adventure. I just want Malone Tuning to provide me what they have provided to others who purchased the stage 4, or as an alternate path, reimburse me for all the stuff I bought from them to do this stage 4 and we both can go on our own way. I will return everything back to where its addressed.

rhill2901

TDI
2014 VW Jetta
Well, I called Kerma today to swap my tune to another car, was told that I had to have a new tune but they'd do it for 300...no thanks, I'll just swap the ECU and deal with the skc issue...I've got a vagtaco so it'll just take a few minutes longer.

I'll pay for a new tune if I want to tune a second car not to swap to another car with the same hardware

I have no relationship with Kerma, but don't you think that its easy for someone to say they are pulling the tune from one vehicle (honest injun!) and want a free tune on another? I don't think any tuner will allow you to do that honestly. Anyways, you can put immobilizer delete and put that ecu in any car with a similar ecu. Or even just copy the ecu file and transfer to another ecu. They can't control that, but your conscience should be your guide. Then the tuner would have no idea that you transferred the ecu to another vehicle, cause the vin will still be the same as before.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Now that I am without a TDI (My 2002 died in Rockford Il) I am going to rant about Frank06. A little back story when I met Frank I thought he was a stand up guy doing the best he could. Then that all changed when I sent a head to him for refurbishment after I threw a rod on my engine (Nick found a short block and I thought long and hard and said to myself ok $1,000 and I will have my car back. Well that head I sent him for refurbishment, first on had a valve that leaked and Nick diagnosed it. So we sent it back. Now the story gets very dark, the next head had part of the valve break off and score the cylinder; now I have the bad feeling I have made a mistake. And yes I had. Nick talks to Frank and Frank says Nick did not install the head correctly; I trust Nick implicitly so I know that was not true. So I call Frank and he says I overheated the engine and I said something like "pig's ass" I have an EGT gauge. Bottom line he will not stand behind his product if there is a problem . So if you feel lucky use him but go in knowing that if there is a problem you are F**Ked. Never again for me. Peter Noble and MetalMan have sources that I will use in the future if I can find a 2002 ALH 2 door Golf TDI

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
Well, sad to hear you had a problem with him. I had a head done by Frank and never had a problem with it. He comes well regarded on this site, although I don't see how he can please everyone like anyone who does enough business.

Who is this Nick you keep referring to? Are we supposed to know him? EGT doesn't measure coolant temp so I am not sure how that directly relates.

Last edited:

Fahrvegnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
01 golf 1.9 alh gls silver
All 4 nozzles tested out perfect by kerma. So frank was just flat out lied to me...
You are slandering a great man. I hope he does not read this.

I know you have never seen how Frank calibrates nozzle for sure. I have a BSME and Frank's method is rock solid. Now if you want a second opinion send them to Drivbiwire as he has highly precise method that will give you precise results. Now I like both Frank and Pete and while there methods are different both give great results.

Also bashing a person here is very rude. I have had bad experiences with X here, but I communicated directly with X to resolve it
Hmmm...sad. Wished posting about stuff like this could heal damage. Cars will leave you disappointed in the end, no matter what one you get. I have some franko6 nozzles I'm preparing to install and I am very enthused to see what happens. Wish us luck!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Not this again!
Short story, Frank did his job. Head was abused by heat. Not Frank's fault. Any and all mechanics would do the same here. I see nothing wrong with this story. Frank's doing a good job. One bad apple who does not understand! Sorry chris I feel your pain but please understand it's not frank06 fault it overheated or a valve broke. It happens. If you buy a reman head from say rock auto or autozone etc..... you will get the same treatment. Only way around it is small claims but probably not worth anyone's time for a grand and you probably still wont win as there is no contract about warranty unless it's a mechanic who installed the parts. Then its between you and a mechanic, not the part manufacturer!
Cant say I blame you for this though. I would probably act and say the same things you are. It hurts. Been down that road bud. Just lighten up. We all know the story by now and i hope this is the last thread or mention of it.

KLXD

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'98, '2 Jettas
Now that I am without a TDI (My 2002 died in Rockford Il) I am going to rant about Frank06. A little back story when I met Frank I thought he was a stand up guy doing the best he could. Then that all changed when I sent a head to him for refurbishment after I threw a rod on my engine (Nick found a short block and I thought long and hard and said to myself ok $1,000 and I will have my car back. Well that head I sent him for refurbishment, first on had a valve that leaked and Nick diagnosed it. So we sent it back. Now the story gets very dark, the next head had part of the valve break off and score the cylinder; now I have the bad feeling I have made a mistake. And yes I had. Nick talks to Frank and Frank says Nick did not install the head correctly; I trust Nick implicitly so I know that was not true. So I call Frank and he says I overheated the engine and I said something like "pig's ass" I have an EGT gauge. Bottom line he will not stand behind his product if there is a problem . So if you feel lucky use him but go in knowing that if there is a problem you are F**Ked. Never again for me. Peter Noble and MetalMan have sources that I will use in the future if I can find a 2002 ALH 2 door Golf TDI
Hard to follow. I'm sure it makes sense to you but proof read it like a guy that doesn't know what's going on. One big paragraph doesn't help.

Again.who's Nick?

Mongler, how do you know head was abused. OP says it wasn't.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Hard to follow. I'm sure it makes sense to you but proof read it like a guy that doesn't know what's going on. One big paragraph doesn't help.

Again.who's Nick?

Mongler, how do you know head was abused. OP says it wasn't.
No I mean not by op. But by overheating. Reguardless of how it left Frank's, it's been damaged somehow for some reason not by Frank's fault.
If chris had used a feeler gauge and a strait edge and reported it was still warped on delivery or something like that, then there would be proof of bad craftsmanship that he is claiming. But there is nothing hut vague cause and results for whatever reason that is out of the hands of the vendor.

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Posted at FRANK06

While I stand by hoping you are feeling better I cannot abide by the continued trash talk you do, of me, to my clients that call you looking for parts. I STILL hear it from recent customers that may or may not have bought parts from you recently. Jesus man....just stop with the BS. For F**** sake grow up. :rolleyes:
Ok, Jason, I don't hang out here. I came across your complaint about me. Here's the scoop. It's not BS. And if you want to talk about growing up, part of that is to be responsible to your debts.

I know you think I should forget all about how you screwed me with a junk core BRM head and KEPT the good one you owed me. And that took 6 months of badgering you to send JUNK!

I originally thought you sent me the core as you should have. I just blew it off...Jason didn't know, so I didn't make waves. Then, when the same customer's engine blew the timing belt, I offered to replace the cylinder head for 'our customer'. Only he tells me, "No, I don't need another head, because Jason kept my original one and had it rebuilt locally." So basically, 'our customer' blew the whistle on you. Not just screwed once, but Jason, you used what should have been MY CYLINDER HEAD to that engine. Dirty pool... and Jason, you know it.

You want to cure the issue? YOU grow up! Grow a backbone and pay what you owe me. $400 for a core BRM cylinder head... like I expect you to grow a conscience. Not likely.

Jason thinks I ought to 'just forget it, because it's been so long ago.' I got how you think, when you basically said,"It's so long ago and you still want me to take care of it??" Well, in a way, I am over it.. I know what you are. A cheat. I know what kind of underhanded way you dealt with me and it's not apparently, an isolated issue.

Got a problem with that? TAKE CARE OF YOUR DEBTS. You worried about what people think? I doubt it. Otherwise it would bother you that you stole from me. If you will do it to me, you will do it to others. That's who you are and that's the way it works.

I'll send you a bill. You can pay it. We will be done. I'll forget how you did me when you make amends.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
My Experience with Malone Tuning on my 2014 VW Jetta TDI Stage 4 upgrade (still not complete. no tune )

Prelude: I have no relationship with Malone Tuning. Just a previous Malone tune holder, stage 2 back in 2013 I tuned a 2013 VW Jetta TDI. It was awesome. Matter of fact, my experience was posted on Malone Tuning website for a while. This round, this year, my experience has been less than stellar. I'm just a customer of Malone Tuning, have no direct communications with them except for what they provide on their website. I don't have phone call, or text ability to them. Just a customer that purchased stage 4 tune for a 2014 VW Jetta TDI and a Stage 4 garrett 2056VK turbo kit.

Stage 4 tune installed and my experience has been terrible.

1. They don't respond in a timely manner.

2. I tell them I get an error ERR_INVALID_FILE on the flashzilla while its connected to the PC during tune uploading. They just send me another tune.

3. Only way I got Owain to actually contact me, was by posting my experience with them on Facebook and these forums. This advice was given to me by a Malone Tuning Dealer who says contacting them has gotten terrible.

4. When Owain did contact me via messenger, I got the impression that he was getting involved and will take care of it. Only reason he contacted me was to have me remove the post here, and on facebook or they will no longer help me. Next day, nothing. So I tried contacting him again. He sends me another tune that won't load on the flashzilla.

5. Now he doesn't reply to my emails, or my ticket requests.

6. My installer was really upset with Malone Tuning. They complained about the fitment of the kit, and lack of access to Malone Tuning personal during the install. They had indicated that communications have been poor with Malone Tuning and due to the delays of getting issues resolved, the cost of my install went up substantially. The installers even stated that at one point Malone Tuning was laughing at them for even continuing the install and should of just pushed the vehicle outside and told me come get it.

7. I'm at wits end. I want to keep the stage 4 kit, but my experiences say this is a really bad company. If Malone sent me a self addressed postage paid label, I would just pull the hardware if I knew he would actually reimburse me for it, and the software that I can't even load onto the flashzilla, and lastly the flashzilla. I've gotten quite a bit of money wrapped up in this adventure. I just want Malone Tuning to provide me what they have provided to others who purchased the stage 4, or as an alternate path, reimburse me for all the stuff I bought from them to do this stage 4 and we both can go on our own way. I will return everything back to where its addressed.
You should have never posted this beef outside this thread. Bad form, and a violation of our rules.

I'm copy-posting your resolution from the other thread you started. (source post)

Ok. the replacement Flashzilla3 that Malone Tuning sent was operational and I was able to put the tune on it and load it to the car. Mark quickly sent me a tune but I wasn't able to test it until the next day (work related busy schedule). I was told by Mark that the Tune is linked to the flashzilla and the car. So even though it was the same car, the flashzilla serial number is different so it wouldn't work. With the DPF on the car, it gives me a solid 26.4 PSI boost. Power seems to drop off considerably at 3.8k. Between 2-3K it pulls like a demon though. Not enough experience with this setup, so not sure why the sudden drop, but the car is actually fun to drive now. I always like the sedan tdi, even over my golf r stage 3+, it doesn't pull like my gasser golf r, but its impressive. Everyone expects the golf r to be fast, nobody expects a jetta tdi to be fast. Thats the unique part about it. Gas mileage is suffering just a tad at the moment, its not the tune, well, actually it is. I can't help pushing the car harder to get the rush. Awesome setup Mark.

Long story short, Malone Tuning is off my dump list. They provide a good product, Its not plug and play; I guess if there was instructions, the installers (who never put one in before and told me they will never do it again lol) would of had a better chance of success and not be taking out on me, the customer. I intended to keep the emissions on the car, but the installers cut my rear egr (low pressure side) pipe too short, and then blamed Malone Tuning. The low side being too short made connecting the silicone intake pipe too short to attach to the egr pipe. I could take that many ways, maybe it would be good if Malone Tuning provided how much to cut the rear egr pipe, or made a template or something. Just telling an installer that works on multiple types of vehicles to cut the pipe, leaves too much to chance, and the risk of cutting too much is high.
We all get frustrated. I know I've gotten 'not great' service from transmission tuners (BMW world), and it's not fun having to be your own tech support. That's what vendors should do -- solve problems. But how you complain and ask for help matters too.

Last edited:

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Not this again!
Short story, Frank did his job. Head was abused by heat. Not Frank's fault. Any and all mechanics would do the same here. I see nothing wrong with this story. Frank's doing a good job. One bad apple who does not understand! Sorry chris I feel your pain but please understand it's not frank06 fault it overheated or a valve broke. It happens. If you buy a reman head from say rock auto or autozone etc..... you will get the same treatment. Only way around it is small claims but probably not worth anyone's time for a grand and you probably still wont win as there is no contract about warranty unless it's a mechanic who installed the parts. Then its between you and a mechanic, not the part manufacturer!
Cant say I blame you for this though. I would probably act and say the same things you are. It hurts. Been down that road bud. Just lighten up. We all know the story by now and i hope this is the last thread or mention of it.
Mongler, It's been so long, I can't even promise that it had been overheated, but that is why we put heat tabs on engines. The real issue is trying to scam me for FOD, when plain as it can be.

But that was a FOD part, no doubt about it. I can't tell you there is even a thread pitch like that in a VW engine.

Like I said, I keep that valve, such as it is, on my desk to remind me, not everyone likes to play fair.

Boy Howdy, and then come back to someone complaining about me being 'childish' about how I act! That guy has a lot of room... I recall him listing a bunch of deadbeats who stiffed him for work he did. Named names and posted amounts. So, if he's all upset about me naming his name, he set the precedent. Then he doesn't like living by his own rules. Too freakin bad. Pay up and shut up is what I say.

Franko6

TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Chris,

I have not hidden anything about what happened. With the background you claim, it should be obvious you are absolutely wrong. If not, maybe you should take a refresher course on the subject you are supposed to know so well. Isn't it failure analysis? The pictures tell the whole story.

You think I blame Nick. How can I do that? Was he the only hands that touched it in the year after I sent your cylinder head for his install? However, I was never given any detail about what exactly happened. So, anything on that line would be supposition.

Also, I found it strange that your request was to get a replacement turbo in the place of my cylinder head. That's not the way it works. Anyway, you refused the repaired part. In doing that repair, I went 'above and beyond' what was required of me.

No more of this. If any more baseless claims are made, I will seek remedy.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
No I mean not by op. But by overheating. Reguardless of how it left Frank's, it's been damaged somehow for some reason not by Frank's fault.
If chris had used a feeler gauge and a strait edge and reported it was still warped on delivery or something like that, then there would be proof of bad craftsmanship that he is claiming. But there is nothing hut vague cause and results for whatever reason that is out of the hands of the vendor[/QUOTEWell interesting. Frank said I said it was all my fault even though I had an EGT gauge and know exactly how hot the exhaust was at all times. If one needs to check the work of a machine shop it is time to find a different one.

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
I've purchased many items from IDparts.com over the years, even back when they were called TDIparts.com (remember that?) This is the 2nd issue I've had with them. I have asked them 2x for a refund for an item purchased 5 months ago and was never delivered.

Basically this is the chain of events:

-6/29/2020 Ordered IP hose kit VW 1J0130307R and Silent Clutch kit. Items was labeled as coming soon with an ETA. Clutch kit did not arrive by original ETA and I could not wait any longer, canceled it but kept IP hose kit order active.
-Credit card charged immediately, although Item never shipped.
-Email received on 11/2/20 from IDparts stating that the IP hose kit was pending arrival, however the price increased by 30% due to COVID or some other such nonsense.
-Responded to Peter 11/5 that I had sourced the part from another vendor who could get if for me for significantly less without any COVID price gouging with a reasonable lead time. Asked for my refund the 1st time.
-Peter replied on 11/6 with an email defending his price increase, and questioning the vendor's ability to supply it as promised. Also with some story of how this part is very scarce.
- 11/17 VW 1J0130307R arrives out of Texas within the promised lead time of 1-2 weeks from the other vendor. Picture sent of item with my comments about availability and pricing from the other vendor. Asked for my refund the 2nd time.

At this point I'm irritated that I have not received my refund of $117.34. I know I am outside the window for my CC chargeback and have to post on here to publicly shame Peter into giving me my money back. Here are copies of our emails. I edited out my name and contact info in MS paint which is why they are JPGs.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Ethan: My apologies for overlooking processing your refund earlier this month. I was thinking about whether or not you'd get the hose from the other supplier and simply didn't run the refund request. And I've had trouble in the past week or too with notifications from our email system, so I didn't see this response until I looked for it after seeing this post. We'll run the refund immediately.

Glad you were able to find the hose, although it sounds like you may have received the last one that vendor had available. Maintaining stock on many, many items this year has been a challenge, to say the least. And once again, I do apologize for not running the refund.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Just another cheater among us stealing my business name to steal $$$ from unsuspecting customers. Tired of getting calls from their mad customers. I am working with their domain already.

I do not endorse this company nor have any association with this "rocketchipusa.com" or "chipyourcar.com" company.

I apologize if you have been ripped off by this fraudulent internet shill company.

Please pass on the word, don't buy from this company expecting to receive my products and services - normally obtained thru RocketChip Performance Tuning LLC.

This company is using domain https://www.rocketchipusa.com/
whois:

it is also using domain
whois:

Here is BBB complaints already: