Vehicle Tracking Devices WHAT???

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
I've never seen these before, but I discussed the posibility of building such a device with a friend of mine. He developed a prototype to be used on boats, monitoring them for high water alarms and movement away from the dock. He had one in his wife's car so he could test his tracking and display software. I suggested he patent his design and start a business, but he didn't seem interested...

crazy paul

Veteran Member
Lac-Beauport, (near Quebec City)Canada - A
TDI
Jetta 2003 charcole
Unless your insurance company is going to give you a whole whack of a reduction on your premiums, I don't see this as a viable option for theft.

You may have "adolesent" considerations, however, ...but still, it does seem like a lot of $$$ for the luxury of knowing your daughter is at lovers leap, necking...

TDI Nut

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 99 Beetle
I am considering purchasing a vehicle tracking device for my 2003 GLS Tdi with manual transmission. I have done a bit of research and have found two that are pretty similar running at a price range of $700 to $1000 depending on how many features you want.

The first one is InterTrak www.trackmenow.com

The other is Global Guard www.satsecurity.com

Both of these devices basically give one the ability to monitor, control and locate via internet or phone. It provides real-time stolen vehicle recovery while notifying the owner by phone, E-mail, fax or by 2-way pager within moments of the actual theft. They include many other benefits as well.

Has any one installed a vehicle tracking device on there VW?

If so what kind? How much did it cost you?

How much was the installation?

Are you paying monthly charges?

Thanks for any replies.