VCDS VAG-COM Locator

vwdiesel15

TDI
2006 Jetta
VCDS scan needed for 2006 Jetta tdi

I can't believe I've never put my name into this.

Hex+CAN
Saint John, NB Canada.
Hi...I have an airbag light on and the horn only works at certain positions when the wheel is turned. I thought it might be the clockspring but I took it off and it checked out (continuity test was ok). I am now thinking that, before I proceed, a scan should be run to see what faults show up. If you are still into that, I live in Champlain Heights on the east side and could meet you anywhere in the city. If your interested, my email is bonnellpeter@yahoo.ca and phone is 633-4892 (id we are not here just leave a message)...thanks

tdidubber

TDI
'99 NB
Timing issue w/ implausable needle seat code

I have re mapped ecu & the timing actual is stuck at zero & the specified timing is at 4 or 12 depending on throttle. Also the glow plug light flashes & a implausable needle seat code is set when glow plug light comes on .... Any ideas??????????

Cgorry

TDI
2010 Cup Edition
Anyone have a OB2 scanner?

I'm new to this,but does anyone in Connecticut have an OB2 scanner i can use? I think I need new glow plugs,but I'm not sure

dropnosky

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta 6 speed, 2012 Passat DSG
If I had the extra $$$ I would not have posted the question in a VCDS VAG-COM Locator thread! One day I will just not today.
The trouble of trying to meet people to get a reading, and then doing it again when you need to do it again 3 hours later when youve done something else repair wise, ultimately outweighs the 2 to 300 dollar price tag.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Ha. Not my case. My list of codes will blow up a laser printer....

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V#2 "Flash", 2000 Jetta GL, B4V#1 "PaTuDI" (2008-2018 RIP)
Calif Bay Area

Folks in/around San Jose, California??? Need help with the B4V!

Tditork

TDI
2012 Jetta 2010 Touareg 81 Rabbit diesel
Bend, Oregon 97701

Have Vagcom. I've only used it to prime the fuel pumps in my jetta so I could change the fuel filter (2012 jetta). So, I don't know much but I would love to learn! :)

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Has anyone seen this Vag-Com unit? {link removed} just wondering if any have seen or used it -the price seems very fair if it does what it's promised.
It's a FAKE, it is a ripoff of Ross-Tech's property. It comes with a cracked old version of VCDS (14.1) while the current version is 15.7.3. This unit cannot be upgraded to newer versions. VCDS never comes with a specific version of the software. It amazes me that they actually put Ross-Tech's web address on the cable to try to convince you that it is a legit device. It is not!

At the regular prices VCDS is remarkably cheap for what it does, do not support thieves, expecially thieves that steal from TDIClub supporters.

Have Fun!

Don

itsrojass

TDI
Jetta 2001
Gabe in fresno has a bad phone number I haven't been able to contact him and his phone number is a google voice number so it's likely that he'll never answer without having the google voice app download.

panthers89fan90

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI
I just realized how much of a mess the VAG-COM locator thread and map have become. I can create a Google Drive Document and let everyone fill in their information. Anyone will be able to edit this page, but I will have an offline copy as well, just in case the document gets moved or erased somehow.

Edit:

PLEASE READ

I made a Google Document for a VCDS locator. If you would like to be added to the VCDS list, please edit the document with your information. Under state, put the city you live in. Under the city, put your forum name, which VCDS you have, and preferably a phone number or email. Lets clean this VCDS locator list up! You don't have to sign in to Google to edit the document. Just click the link and update the document with your information.

Link: VCDS Locator Link

Last edited:

HerrFink

TDI
2002 Jetta wagon
Santa Barbara / Goleta / Ventura

Anyone near Santa Barbara / Goleta / Ventura California with one? emailed 2 folks from the old google map but so far no response.

Also curious if there is any way to check the history of codes to determine when perhaps the last timing belt was changed, since thinking it might show last time timing was reset or some such code that only is done when you do a timing belt job.

offgridsteve

TDI
2002 Jetta
My name is steve. I have a 2002 Jetta. I just did tb and EGR delete. It has other issues too. Would you be interested in assisting me with the help of your vagcom? I realize this would not be free. Contact at sjjsashton@yahoo.com

ihredneck

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2006 Jetta
For anyone who hasn't looked at the Google Doc in post #353
Sedalia, MO (Missouri)

HEX-USB+CAN
KII-USB

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
...............I made a Google Document for a VCDS locator. If you would like to be added to the VCDS list, please edit the document with your information. Under state, put the city you live in. Under the city, put your forum name, which VCDS you have, and preferably a phone number or email. Lets clean this VCDS locator list up! You don't have to sign in to Google to edit the document. Just click the link and update the document with your information.

Link: VCDS Locator Link
fan90- I think you should start a new thread (this forum). Otherwise this info will constantly get "covered up"

bajatdi

TDI
2004 jetta
I stepped up

I stepped up and bought a vag but have not a clue how to use it. I do not even have a laptop. I would love to have someone help me set it up and give me some lessons in mid-ohio. And I could bring a few guys. And we would pay. My momma ayways said there is no such thing as a free lunch.:cool: