VCDS question

blueboy7

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD BEW 5M
Hey guys,

I need to know which measuring blocks to record for injector issues. Group 13 for one but there’s two more groups I can record. According to the fault codes the problem I’m having is #1 cylinder is cutting out due to an electrical issue. I’m assuming it’s the injector harness under the valve cover. But I want to record anything else that could potentially be an additional problem.
This has been an ongoing problem with my Jetta’s engine for quite some time. The issue seems to be RPM related and temperature related. When cold the engine misfires between 2000 and 2500 RPM. But when it’s at operating temperature it runs fine. Until today when it started miss firing it remain that way all the way to work even after the engine was hot. But when I drove home it went back to its usual quirks.

Thanks,
Blue

11-27-20 Fixed my original problem. Read it HERE.

Last edited:

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Could you post all the fault codes found?

Also, use the generic OBDII function to capture (and post here) the freeze frame data.

blueboy7

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD BEW 5M
Also, use the generic OBDII function to capture (and post here) the freeze frame data.
I'll have to figure out how to do the OBDII

PD unit injector cylinder 1
P1260 impossible signal

PD unit injector cylinder 1
P1666 electrical malfunction

Cylinder 1
P0301 misfire detected

Engine speed sensor
P0321 impossible signal

I changed the crank sensor already.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Did you get a Bosch crank sensor or from a local auto parts store?
A lot of people here say Bosch is the only way to go and I have to agree with them.
I think it was a parts store boost & air temp sensor I bought that convinced me.
The boost part was OK but the air temp was off from what the actual air temp was.
Car seemed to run funny after it was warm.
Real Bosch unit was OK and the air temp was very close to actual outside.
Car ran OK again iIrc.
This was with my 03 JSW.

For the misfire I've read the injector harness may be the cause.

blueboy7

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD BEW 5M
I bought it from ID Parts. Not a Bosch but it seems to be working fine so far.

Harness was the problem with misfire. I posted a link at the bottom of #1

Thanks for the help!
Blue