VCDS Problem

tdiproblem19

TDI
Seat Leon 1.9 ASV
I have a 2008 VW Golf 5 2.0 BMN and i bought a cable with the licenced CD, activated it, but i cant get in any modules except the first, “01 engine”
It shows live data etc.. works fine until i want to use the other modules like “airbags”
‘’or steering assist’’
Only the first module let me in and works fine. Others gave me this error: “The controll unit does not responding”
Im on the right COM, the cable and the software 100% fine! Someone help me!!!
Thanks!

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Is this a VCDS cable from Ross-tech? Or more likely a chinese el cheapo cable since ross-tech does not have a CD. If it's chinese I'm thinking your'e out your money. Some chinese cables work and some do not. Either way if you have a problem your'e on your own.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
If it came with a "licensed CD" it's the pirated version.
The other thing you'll need to make sure of is that you have one that is CAN network capable, as the 2005+ cars used can bus network.

jef@rosstech

Associate Ross-Tech Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 Dog hauling, wood towing, pinball stashing Jetta wagon
We haven't shipped a CD in years... so... yeah.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
@jef@rosstech
Sidebar question - I can PM you if preferred.....
I assume that there's a way to tell if your 2nd hand interface (or possibly new as the OP) is genuine thought the software? Is this identification something that the general public is allowed to know in order to potentially avoid buying clones or is this only RT proprietary knowledge? I can only assume that there's more than just me who wonders.....

jef@rosstech

Associate Ross-Tech Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 Dog hauling, wood towing, pinball stashing Jetta wagon
Post a photo of the device, that will lets us confirm it.

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
It was just a random question for the masses..... my interface is legit and I've never had any issues with it, so no concerns there.

Kurunczi Cristian

TDI
Golf Mk. IV 1.9TDI (ALH)
Reinstall the software and look at your firewall. If it block instantly some files from the install directory then the software is cracked and it detects it as malware and it won't work properly.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Reinstall the software and look at your firewall. If it block instantly some files from the install directory then the software is cracked and it detects it as malware and it won't work properly.
And some of those CDs have malware in them...